What do you miss most about the 1990s?

OOOOooohhh!!!! ALIEN WORKSHOP!!! now only got Ah Lian workshop..
I miss my Sega 16-bit, Mario Bros, Sonic the Hedgehog! Oh, and also Tamagochi!!!
but not so much as i miss the original Power Rangers!
Anyone misses N*SYNC, Boyzone, and Backstreet Boys? Hahahaha!

Ah yes Tamagotchi, and Digimon... along with many digital pet toys around.
At one point there's the "C Watch" thing, a talking toy watch. Later got "C Pen".
Having mechanical pencil was damn cool. And G Shock was the most popular watch amongst kids. lol.

Ah yes Tamagotchi, and Digimon... along with many digital pet toys around.
At one point there's the "C Watch" thing, a talking toy watch. Later got "C Pen".
Having mechanical pencil was damn cool. And G Shock was the most popular watch amongst kids. lol.

Haha that's right I remember when everyone still used 2B wooden pencils and we had to sharpen our pencils every time in school. Having a mechanical pencil was cool and then colour eno came along so pencil leads had colour! Kids who had that were considered ultra cool.

Oh yes I remember the fashion in the 1990s too- like the highwaisted trends and all :)

Missed the laid back life styles when we were not so paranoid over security...the time when "we" trust each other...when JI or AQ or whatever was unheard of...

Now...we would be looked at with suspicion by security personnel everywhere and may be stopped by transit security whenever we tapped into mrt station while carrying our camera bags or huge luggage.

The time when we were free to shoot anything anywhere outdoor with our cameras without restrictions...

Last edited:
.... my Motorola pager ....

The old areas in singapore before they were built over. Before sengkang and other places where we used to explore with bicycles in the night.

anyone remember the japanese game show show in morning.. where a group of people run through the wall of doors, some kana net, some suay fail into the mud. then have a few stages.. got earthquake room where they cannoy fail of the cushion.. the game call takashichen. anyone know the actual name of the show??

whaahahahaha

90's ...

... when I could get drunk and puke outside Hard Rock Cafe
... when I used to do that with real close buddies who would puke on each others' shoes
... when I would go hashing across Pulau Ubin after a nite of alcoholic binging
... when I could do 100m in 14 seconds
... when I still had hair
... when I only had to worry about repaying uni loans
... when I wish I was older.

undercoverone said:
anyone remember the japanese game show show in morning.. where a group of people run through the wall of doors, some kana net, some suay fail into the mud. then have a few stages.. got earthquake room where they cannoy fail of the cushion.. the game call takashichen. anyone know the actual name of the show??

whaahahahaha

Something like attack of Takeshi castle I think. Love the one where they shoot high speed balls at people crossing a bridge. Look like it hurts like hell :bsmilie:

Haha that's right I remember when everyone still used 2B wooden pencils and we had to sharpen our pencils every time in school. Having a mechanical pencil was cool and then colour eno came along so pencil leads had colour! Kids who had that were considered ultra cool.

you mean now dont have pencil?

I miss the raining days when the drains got flooded, and we caught fishes from the drains. These days are coming back.

I miss the raining days when the drains got flooded, and we caught fishes from the drains. These days are coming back.

Ya we will be catching fishes in Orchard road soon ;)

kei1309 said:
i was born in 1996... so i don't really remember :(

Haha i also born in 1996 ! 15 yrs old underage boy

kei1309 said:
He heh 15 year old girl here from st nicks

Tsk i also from st nicks .

I miss 3 for 10cents sweets. I miss those old playgrounds with structure as high as 2 storeys for people to climb.

I miss 90s japanese street cars such as toyota celica, supra, nissan silvia, mitsubishi gt2000 something like that. Those cars are built with performance in mind, not so much on comfort or safety. Even Honda civic SIR was a joy to drive though it is a sedan. These cars are slim and beauty to look at also.

Nowadays the mainstream cars are getting fatter and heavier and slower.