What do you miss most about the 1990s?

Wah super miss the pig blood cubes!!! Also the chicken intestines from chicken rice stalls!!

Hmmmm.......the pig blood cubes remind me of the time when i added them to the streamboat soup and my female colleagues not eating liao :bsmilie:

Pig blood cubes in yong tau foo.
"Alien workshop" brand apparel
Long pointed comb sticking out of back pocket (in pri sch used this to poke ppl :bsmilie: )
Great Singapore Workout
Sand pit playgrounds (sometimes can find "buried treasures", marbles.) can make sandcastles without going to beach
Simple playground equipment like see-saw, merry-go-round, swings

FWAH. you guys who grew up in the 90s sure have it good. for me... i've never even see any of these growing up in the 2000s

Long pointed comb sticking out of back pocket (in pri sch used this to poke ppl :bsmilie: )
I still remember a incident in my primary school when a student fell into a rather wide ditch face first with the sharp end of the comb piercing his lower back in the process. The comb was subsequently banned.

Back then drinks in the canteen cost like 10/20 cents though we'll have to bush our teeth first during recess before we can actually purchase anything and students have to queue up to use the only payphone in the school compound.

There had been a lot of changes to the local hawker food. I still miss the old style "Lor Mai Kai" which come in a aluminium foil instead of the plastic container.

I agree!! And then you had to peel it open carefully and pop out the top paper thing which printed smth like Chicken Glutinous Rice right? Oh those good old days. It was the top selling thing in school tuckshops.

I agree!! And then you had to peel it open carefully and pop out the top paper thing which printed smth like Chicken Glutinous Rice right? Oh those good old days. It was the top selling thing in school tuckshops.

Ya, its my fav breakfast during those good old days :D

Pig blood cubes in yong tau foo.
"Alien workshop" brand apparel
Great Singapore Workout
Sand pit playgrounds (sometimes can find "buried treasures", marbles.) can make sandcastles without going to beach
Simple playground equipment like see-saw, merry-go-round, swings

OOOOooohhh!!!! ALIEN WORKSHOP!!! now only got Ah Lian workshop..
I miss my Sega 16-bit, Mario Bros, Sonic the Hedgehog! Oh, and also Tamagochi!!!
but not so much as i miss the original Power Rangers!
Anyone misses N*SYNC, Boyzone, and Backstreet Boys? Hahahaha!

i love those days that mama shop have toy coin machine at the side, where we turn the knob to buy dragonball cards ( double foil), bomberman keychain. play on swings at playground. Now kids just spend their time staring at PSP, iphone even when eating, what a bad habit!!!

i love those days that mama shop have toy coin machine at the side, where we turn the knob to buy dragonball cards ( double foil), bomberman keychain. play on swings at playground. Now kids just spend their time staring at PSP, iphone even when eating, what a bad habit!!!

Those are still available in shopping centres, just that they are no longer 50c and 20c a try, more like $2:sweat:

undercoverone said:

Cannot blame us that people irl are disappointing.. :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Yes! those dragonball cards!! and sometimes those higher level cards had 2 stickers, you peel the first layer and if you're lucky, there's a second layer below. I wonder how much these cards are worth now- they're considered collector's items already right?

For all the Die-hards, Hidden away, Ah-bengs Last time,

there a shop at ION which stills sells the old design and brands... McM, D&G, Roccobarocco, and more

its at level 3, just sharing incase, the trend comes back again...

cigs were damned cheaper in the 90's... and smaller selling in 10 sticks.

mama shops selling cigs at 20cents per stick to rebellious students to smoke in void decks.

bennyhill show was the most 'horniest' late-night show on channel 5.

Buffy the vampire slayer! ally mcbeal. oh the good old shows :) and TCS dramas! I remember this schooldays show with Chen Hanwei and Fann Wong :)

Shopping centres in the 1990s were so different too. They didn't have that many retail chain stores...

20 cents Dragon Ball Card dispenser machine. Will bring one bag of 20 cents. Can sell a few bucks for "THE GOLDEN CARD". HAHA!!

Buffy the vampire slayer! ally mcbeal. oh the good old shows :) and TCS dramas! I remember this schooldays show with Chen Hanwei and Fann Wong :)
Wow, gen Y people are getting nostalgic about TCS. To me nostalgia = SBC, I guess that means I'm getting old.

movieages.png

:bsmilie:

Not only Dragon Ball cards. Still got Ou Xiang Ka! Andy Lau and Jimmy Lin is the hottest that time!