What culture is it here??!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
i can only admire the path of Sion the Guru and will never surpass it, divine enlightenment will not be found in me, but only in our Guru, all hail Sion! :bsmilie:

But some fortunate CSers had swore that they had seen the gas of divine enlightenment exuding from your holy body.

They were overpowered with creative force for the whole day. :)

I see through my eyes, and honest about it, its only you who have a problem with those who doesn't see through yours, anyway... sucking eggs comment was meant to be nice to you, to not insult your intelligence, but you quickly turned it around against me, thats not very nice you know?:think:

i'm just as honest about my opinion :) i have a problem with people who don't read my argument, and i like to go on to explain it. you have a problem with people who don't agree with you, and you go on to brush them aside.

sucking eggs comment? it's dependent on who made the first assumption :)

But some fortunate CSers had swore that they had seen the gas of divine enlightenment exuding from your holy body.

They were overpowered with creative force for the whole day. :)

:think:

oh no, that can't be true, no one can command such an aura except the Guru, who else is capable of that other than Sion? for more than 3 months, everyone seems to be mesmerized by the Guru's reinterpretation of the afghan girl :sweatsm:

i'm just as honest about my opinion :) i have a problem with people who don't read my arguement, and i like to go on to explain it. you have a problem with people who don't agree with you, and you go on to brush them aside.

sucking eggs comment? it's dependent on who made the first assumption :)

No, I don't have a problem with people, I do however have a problem with your attitudes in this thread ;) Please read before you assume anymore.

chill guys.....take a deep breath b4 replying further. :)

for those who agree to disagree, leave it at that. this is an interesting discussion without having to go OT.

chill guys.....take a deep breath b4 replying further. :)

for those who agree to disagree, leave it at that. this is an interesting discussion without having to go OT.

:angry: .....<breathing> .....
4.gif
..ahhhh

To TS,

I always would like to critique a photo, but due to my english standard, i am unable to. Not everyone here can really express themselves here in good english, got it? Do u know that by writing a critique to me and other's are a damn tough job?

By starting this thread, u are a flame maker to what i assume of. Cos u assume ppl who always critique but unable to post photos here are a bunch of ppl who cannot shoot well. Am i correct???

Also, i tell u, i got 1 million in my account, do i need to show u real hard cash, so that u can believe me and trust me?

So my critiques is simple, cannot make it or can make it, got it?

Once you are known to be good, any other pieces of work (good or bad) are all good. :what:
Newbies don't get much comments on their work, while 'old birds' get tons of comments/critiques. :rolleyes:

I think that's the typical Singapore "me too" culture. Herd instinct. *shake head*

So I am not surprised that Icemocha will feel that he needs to insult me back, as he has stated, that he might be one of those whom I am speaking about.

I did not feel targetted as I doubt I've made comment on your pic before. I'm just sharng in honesty and truth.

I believe that every one is entitled to an opinion. Other's opinion never bothered me. However, I usually question those whose thoughts contradict themselves. Example the recent "Desperate Tissue Man" post or your previous statement and your signature.

I still cannot imagine a person who do not want to "reinvent the wheel" to "break away from the norm". I believe that knowing the thread starter's thought process better will certainly help in the discussion.

.....But I agree with somebody who said, "Let stick to the topic."

let's not be overly sensitive :)
in fact i don't quite understand your reply to ortega's post, care to explain?

Don't worry, I know he is not making personal attack.

I'm equally puzzled by his reply to ortega.

I'm also trying to discover the culture here.

Your imagination may need some more imaginations ;) know what I mean? Maybe you are suggesting that Van Gogh don't use paint to express his creativity? Get it? Wheels, paint, wheels, paint... ;) I don't understand your point, really.

???? I'm lost in your reasoning. So, your point is?

the more i read, the more i cannot understands what nikontiger wans........:dunno: :confused:

But you are our Superhero. You have more power over our creative souls than a moderator. We look up to you for divine enlightenment.

Please show us The Way.

ROFL :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie: You are so funny.

some can give critique and some cannot
some can take critique and some cannot

it is a learning process
where more experience and making mistakes will make you learn faster

what i want to say is

it is a learning process for both the critique giver
and the critique receiver

it is not wrong to make mistakes
when someone tells one of the mistake one has made
take a step back and relook and think

most importantly learn from that mistake

after all it take alot of effort to do a good critique
so be thankful that the critique giver took the effort to critique

what i want to say is

it is a learning process for both the critique giver
and the critique receiver

it is not wrong to make mistakes
when someone tells one of the mistake one has made
take a step back and relook and think

most importantly learn from that mistake

after all it take alot of effort to do a good critique
so be thankful that the critique giver took the effort to critique

This thread started off not about being unthankful towards criticizers, but be thankful towards those who are honorable. Its like someone comes and critique you, and you give thanks to everyone? There must be some form of moderation and control, to differentiate between the genuine critiques and the imposter ones, and it was only my suggestion that people operate in an honorable way, by simply being more transparent about their abilities and status, that's all it was. If everyone can tell which are good or bad critique, then they are already so good enough, but that's not the case here in CS. There are those who learn and progress through good and consistent advices.

This thread is interesting for me, as I see very quickly how this herd mentality and group bullying takes place here, thus the culture that is allowed here.

I don't know how so many can say that it takes a lot of effort to critique ( not a pro level, but the level we receive here in CS), as if its more than the effort to produce a good photograph. I kept being attacked like I'm against the art of critique, but I am not against it, in no way have I shown this stance, I'm only against the etiquette and courtesy extended by SOME members here...thus the term ungentlemanly and dishonorable being used here, so don't try to twist and skew my intentions to this unnecessary extend.

I did not feel targetted as I doubt I've made comment on your pic before. I'm just sharng in honesty and truth.

...I still cannot imagine a person who do not want to "reinvent the wheel" to "break away from the norm". I believe that knowing the thread starter's thought process better will certainly help in the discussion.

.....But I agree with somebody who said, "Let stick to the topic."

Good, at least you're right that I didn't target you.

I got the impression from Ortega's post that he would rather learn things the hard way. That few statements he made were nothing more than what I would teach a 10 y/o kid about life, what I'm truly interested are things of more depth, that instead of just learning from your own mistakes, we could also learn from the mistakes of others, imagine we have to learn about aviation only through our own accidents, we will all be dead and not be here, and also you made the death of those who paid with their lives in vain. Of course, by saying all these, I am not discounting the fact that we also learn from our own mistakes. Thus the term "reinventing the wheel"was used here to express this fact, that not in all things , do we have to learn from the beginning. there's such a thing call progress.

Status
Not open for further replies.