Wedding Photographers: Would you shoot a gay or lesbian wedding?

Would you shoot a gay or lesbian wedding?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gay means "happy" also :bsmilie:

for those who have shot this type of wedding, when the JP said "You may kiss the bride", for gay which is the bride?

They usually say "You may kiss your life-partner" or "You may now kiss your husband" (for both).

sorry, OT a bit, as society get more "open" maybe there will be "human-animal" marriage next time...

is it legal to have a same-sex wedding in SG?

but I don't think this will help with your portfolio. Rather shoot a couple who dare to put on their birthday suits on their wedding day.
becareful orh.. the last guy who tried that went to jail ;p

sorry, OT a bit, as society get more "open" maybe there will be "human-animal" marriage next time...

is it legal to have a same-sex wedding in SG?
AFAIK.. no.. not legal..so I have no idea why TS said such marriages 'on the rise'.. probably not local market.

the more interesting question is:

if the customer is your enemy (eg if the guy last time was your rival for love and u lost your gf to him....now you are shooting the gal whom u wish to marry but the groom is not u! ) will u still shoot?

or if the guy is somone who cheated your money but u fail to charge him in court....will u still shoot him? haha
yes I'll shoot for sure :devil: I'll shoot it free some more :devil::devil:

AFAIK.. no.. not legal..so I have no idea why TS said such marriages 'on the rise'.. probably not local market.

No, the local market is booming. But it's not a "wedding" obviously, since it's illegal. Rather, it's an informal wedding... A "Life commitment ceremony"

Haven done a 'wedding' for they yet.
What i have done can at most be considered as pre wed i guess.

But gays are very nice people to work with.
Very easy to talk them, get them to pose and open up.
Not sure about les though. :)

Interestingly, most people are cool with documenting a same-sex marriage.

There are a good number who would do it but hush-hush /keep low profile about it. Would like to hear from you. Privacy?

Mainly client's privacy and also partly due to sensitivity to other clients. Some clients may be offended by it. I personally have no issue with this and would shoot and showcase as long as clients are open to it.

Now that same sex weddings are on the rise, just want to hear from the wedding photographers out there. And please, this is NOT a thread for bashing or for people who are homophobic, so don't go OT.

I do not understand your purpose of starting this thread. 3 out of the 4 options that you gave in the poll are to an extend, homophobic and reflects on our society's ultra conservative stance. I am greatly disturbed by the options that you had provided, they are gay-bashing. If people don't say it on the subsequent comments, I think they had already done so in the poll.

If it's really about a wedding, does it matter if it's same sex or not?

To agree, means to accept them, means that you approve of it.

So... no. I do not despise them, but I do not approve of such things either.

It's as good as telling your kids, it's ok to be as such, "daddy/mummy" will approve of it because I've shot such weddings.

I hope this is not homophobic.

Will answer it when I come to face with it.

So far not legal in sg yet... chances are very slim that I face such a situation in the near future.

This tests ur strength of endurance.

I've got confidence in mine. Have u? :D

I dunno if it's endurance... I'd have said "s3xual preference". I'm 100% comfortable that I'm straight, and the thing is, most of the homosexuals will recognize and respect that.

Besides, you're supposed to be hired as a professional. So act professional and just do it to the best of your ability.

My question is, would you like to be known as someone who have shot a same-sex marriage.

Is that going to make potential clients look at you differently?

I have shot a wedding of a gay couple before, no biggie. In fact, recommended by a couple whose wedding I shot.

for money, i will shoot anything involving consenting adults.

for money, i will shoot anything involving consenting adults.

i tot it's abt wedding not everything & anything involing 2 consenting adults! :think: :bsmilie:

I do not understand your purpose of starting this thread. 3 out of the 4 options that you gave in the poll are to an extend, homophobic and reflects on our society's ultra conservative stance. I am greatly disturbed by the options that you had provided, they are gay-bashing. If people don't say it on the subsequent comments, I think they had already done so in the poll.

If it's really about a wedding, does it matter if it's same sex or not?

My intention? What if I tell you that there are many opportunities there, especially overseas and they are looking for photographers?

Many of my clients are from the arts circle and I've photographed many gay writers and musicians for commercial as well as domestic consumption.
You've said it, this society's ultra conservative, and for me I've absolutely no qualms about cover a same sex marriage. However, I do take the stance that the portfolio will be shown to selective couples only. I do photography for a living and whatever I do cannot affect my business.

I do maintain that this thread or the options are in no way gay bashing. A person who chooses the 3 options need not be homophobic or gay-bashing but have considered many other factors. Even if you're to judge it based on the options, many of the photographers are selecting the 4th option.

Status
Not open for further replies.