Wedding Photographers: Would you shoot a gay or lesbian wedding?

Would you shoot a gay or lesbian wedding?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm taking an amoral (amoral is not immoral) viewpoint for this.

Much as we tend to look as it as a job. I think the more interesting question is, would you showcase the pictures to Singaporean clients?

Even more interesting, would it be a good test of how open-minded your clients are?

there are lots of gay ppl among us, no need to look at abroad for it. i would gladly cover gay/ lesbians celebration and will do it with my best intentions. Prewedding or actual day.

Their actual day in singapore is actually a party where they invite their friends and hold their celebrations, best no need tea ceremony, posed shots are so fun, they do anything you request for! There is so much freedom and fun and the shots are so candid cos most of them are so fun & candor.

the best reason why i cover these because of the strong pink dollars, at our price range most couples are relucant to hire us but most gays/lesbians have a strong sense of style/taste and are more willing to spend money they deem to be a great investment and a testimony of their love.

Interestingly, most people are cool with documenting a same-sex marriage.

There are a good number who would do it but hush-hush /keep low profile about it. Would like to hear from you. Privacy?

Many gay and lesbian couples will prefer to have such events recorded by a big name photographer (in the UK, think Jeff Ascough) because for the most part they have the means and are willing to spend.

If they choose someone with less cache, then all other things being equal, their preferance will be for a gay or lesbian photographer. Why? Because they would rather pay someone who has endured the same sort of prejudice and redicule as they have, and they know they will not be had (eg. being overcharged 3x)

There are a good number who would do it but hush-hush /keep low profile about it. Would like to hear from you. Privacy?

Privacy of the couple. Like it or not, or no matter how open a society claims, the general population is not exactly very accepting to same-sex marriage. Have you come across any foreign sites who places same-sexed weddings in their portfolios?

For myself, it's more for the privacy of the couple in concern. Here, the level of acceptability is even lower. Many same-sex couples are not exactly open about their sexuality. Those who are, almost always, are ostracised one form or another.

as long as they are happily married, why not..

Why not?
who knows--they might pay even higher than the those normal weddings ..lolx.;)

Money has no gay or lesbian. We all love money. As long as the couple pays, why should I care who I shoot?

i tot norm its d couples who come knocking on d door 2 hav pics taken, not d photographer asking d couple 4 job opportunity? :dunno:

In another word, we give our blessing to them and this is one wedding that you do not attend always. This is one wedding assignment that you might not even had in ur lifetime. :)

gays = metrosexuals = willing to pay more

If they are ok, I'll show it on my website.
If they are not ok with it, I'll just not show it.

The showing part depends much on the client. As for taking the job, I'd follow Nike's logo:
Just Do It.

Its a job, so, why not?

the more interesting question is:

if the customer is your enemy (eg if the guy last time was your rival for love and u lost your gf to him....now you are shooting the gal whom u wish to marry but the groom is not u! ) will u still shoot?

or if the guy is somone who cheated your money but u fail to charge him in court....will u still shoot him? haha

the more interesting question is:

if the customer is your enemy (eg if the guy last time was your rival for love and u lost your gf to him....now you are shooting the gal whom u wish to marry but the groom is not u! ) will u still shoot?

or if the guy is somone who cheated your money but u fail to charge him in court....will u still shoot him? haha

Please don't go OT ;)

I think bcos most photographers will treat this as a job and job only.

A wedding is a wedding... Actually, I've already been the photographer at the "same-sex" wedding of a former officemate in San Francisco. Did it for free. But it was very heartbreaking... So MANY gorgeous women... All of them only interested in other women. :(

Seriously though, those same-sex marriages are usually a LOT funnier and more "alive/joyous" than the tedious, long, boring "straight" marriages.

gays = metrosexuals = willing to pay more

Metros aren't gay. Metros are very vain and fashion-concious men. Which is what you see all the time on the MRT here. If metro = gay or gay = metro, it certainly would explain the population problem of SG. Almost no straight men except for the ah peks at the coffee shops!!

But to imply that the "alternate lifestyle" community would be willing to pay more is just extremely narrow-minded. They usually already suffer from the public stigmas which prevent many of them from becoming successful. Why still try to make them bleed more on what could be the happiest day of their life?

Money is not everything. I am ok with lesbians but not gays. :)

Privacy of the couple. Like it or not, or no matter how open a society claims, the general population is not exactly very accepting to same-sex marriage. Have you come across any foreign sites who places same-sexed weddings in their portfolios?

For myself, it's more for the privacy of the couple in concern. Here, the level of acceptability is even lower. Many same-sex couples are not exactly open about their sexuality. Those who are, almost always, are ostracised one form or another.

As with all such shoots... Get consent before adding it to your portfolio!! That way, if they are worried about society, they'll tell you not to use the pics. Or, if they're ok, you can use them.

Gay means "happy" also :bsmilie:

for those who have shot this type of wedding, when the JP said "You may kiss the bride", for gay which is the bride?

Status
Not open for further replies.