Urgent: Need some recommendations for Pub shoot

Dun worry, basically it's e same principle as mentioned by unseen.
Hmmm, wt equipment will u b using?

i recently went to my friend's chalet, didn't bring my setup so i used my friend's sb-700. I used TTL, point upwards with built-in bounce card popped up. I'm struggling to learn how to use the flash. It turned out quite good during the evening but when the sun goes down and turned dark, the pictures i took doesn't seemed nice anymore. It looks like a photo using a built-in flash...
I know its different from the band shoot because the difference is indoors and outdoors. If i have a bigger bounce card or lightsphere in this situation (chalet - outdoors), will it make a big difference? i realize something is that if you bump your ISO higher, you can see the background more clearer. But being a D5000, the high ISO really does makes alot of noise.

Moderator Note:
this has nothing to do with the original questions, and since you are seeking comments on the photos, a new thread was created with this original post, here is your thread.
Need some comments on the photos with flash

Last edited:
Dun worry, basically it's e same principle as mentioned by unseen.
Hmmm, wt equipment will u b using?

I'll be using an SB-600 with sigma 50mm f1.4, 18-55mm for the band shoot. Decided to rent the sigma lens as primes are better in low light.