"Train is COMMINGGGGGGG" song at MRT

How much I liked the "Train is commming..." at MRT

Results are only viewable after voting.

I tot TRAIN IS CUMMING sounds good....???:think:

whaha, i love it! I don't know why people don't like it. I'm totally going to get my acappella group to learn it!

it got worse when i realise a few of my "auntie" colleagues start humming this song in the office whenever they are free... oh boy...

How to reduce number of cars like this. Public transport are getting so noisy!!
1) Aunties talking loudly as though the other person in china
2) Kids blasting songs all around you. You are like listening to a remix of songs
3) Some trains the announcements are FREAKING louder than usual
4) Now we have this jingle. Haiz...

You know what is really irritating? It's the terrorist video - if you notice, there'll be a part where it gets EXCEPTIONALLY loud (the part when the terrorist blows the bomb, and the whole train blows up + screams galore).

For some reason, they've pumped up the volume only for that specific part. Now THAT is really irritating.

Link to some interesting jingles @train stations around tokyo. They serve an important purpose cos the large number of trains arriving/departing at the stations. Our station has only ONE train at any time; in Tokyo can be very noisy with more than 1 train stopping in station.

http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2023.html

I retract my positive poll, as today morning take the train, while moving, inside also have those songs, telling people to move in and give up seats.......REAL IRRITATING!!!

When things were over done, it will have negative effect.......

As a sign of protest against that jingle, people will just NOT give up the seat. LOL

About 2 days ago heard the version inside the train one asking to give up seats ...... same jingle also!:sweat::sweatsm:

Last edited:
As a sign of protest against that jingle, people will just NOT give up the seat. LOL

Cannot Lah...that'll be penalizing the wrong group of people who really needed the seats. :cry:

This song is super lame. Their creativity gone?

Got music complaint....no music also complaint....guess we must get use to this kind of expectation in Sg :sweat:

Personally I like the idea....hope SMRT take the feedbacks positively and continue to introduce more surprise in our day to day routine train ride :thumbsup:

I gonna go crazy with the "train is coming"

i like the song.

at least it's an alert to ppl out there that there's train coming and be aware don't jump down.

seemed like only trains not travelling underground have this song.

underground MRT stations have doors so there's unlikely ppl will jump down.

I hate it and felt terribly offended (strangely?) when I first heard it. Thank goodness I'm wearing my earphones most of the time when I'm taking public transport.

maybe can ask this lady to promote smrt music. :bsmilie:

[vid]OW4sRhP17HQ[/vid]

This is a living testament of HOW FRIGGIN' CLUELESS, AND DISTANT SMRT IS FROM REALITY!!!

Yes, it's the SINGLE MOST ANNOYING, EMBARRASSING, AND TASTELESS thing SMRT has come up with to date.

Whenever I hear that, I cringe. I look at the guy next to me, and he's cringing too.

It reminds me of a Twilight Zone episode where some 50's America TV ad tune ("Train is COMMINGGGG") plays in the background before SOMETHING BAD IS ABOUT TO HAPPEN. An extremely INAPPROPRIATE thing for a public subway.

In short, Stupid, Moronic, Ridiculous, and Tasteless.

I think these days, we're trying too hard.

Not only trying too hard, but trying their best to irritate people with totally mindless ideas that they thought was fantastic. I thought smrt lost their mind when I first heard it :bigeyes:

SNCF French Railway Jingle

[vid]9bobmqeNirU[/vid]

[vid]Q-GBAFo0leQ[/vid]

Haneda Airport railway station sounds
[vid]Eglf-k54dgs[/vid]

Naha Airport chime
[vid]Wi8OfnKgVGk[/vid]

Added the Naha airport chime which sounds quite nice

Last edited:
Was wondering , is our train system the most naggy in the world ?

you got
- train is coming
- be vigilant to terrorist
- don't lean against the train door
- no eating / drinking
- mind the gap
- train transfer notice

what else ?

can't live without my noise blocking ear piece ... ;p

Yeah .. the one on using the lifts when carrying bulky items. This one is damn "duh" ... and with all the announcements spam - SMRT is tantamount to abusing the PA system and spamming. Frankly I detest this more than the email spams