"Train is COMMINGGGGGGG" song at MRT

How much I liked the "Train is commming..." at MRT

Results are only viewable after voting.

That's the CEO's way of saying thank you for patronising the train services. LOL!

... hope some shareholder will sing that out during the AGM event. Managed efficiently, solved problems and made profits ! not sing songs !

Next time they may install speakers at bus stops too, doing the same thing. It will be so fun

"BUS IS - BUS - COM - BUS - IS - COMI- BUS IS COMING MING COMING!!"

Initially I thought the last line was "love your life".

First thing that came to mind was that "Oh. An anti-suicide campaign, making people feel happy so they change their minds about jumping before the train arrives..interesting."

Bah, blame the lousy PA system at some stations. Took me a few days to verify what's the last line...so unclear.

when it gets to peak hours, and it plays every 2 mins, it gets really quite annoying yes. but first few times i heard it it cheered me up and made me smile. hahaha

The MRT train song is not so bad.

Very long ago, there were pre-election visits by politicians to households.

So the long train retinue of hangers-on that hovers around powerful persons will have some running down the corridors shouting "The MP is coming!...the MP is coming!...."
to warn the householders to get themselves all prim and proper to welcome the important person at the door.

It REALLY happened.

Now you know what can be worse.

The MP was a nice guy. But you know lah, many people want to bask in his glory....

Last edited:
Can't they just keep quiet for a while?! There are already so many messages, now this "train is coming" song...makes a stress out person more irritable.

Initially I thought the last line was "love your life".

First thing that came to mind was that "Oh. An anti-suicide campaign, making people feel happy so they change their minds about jumping before the train arrives..interesting."

Bah, blame the lousy PA system at some stations. Took me a few days to verify what's the last line...so unclear.

Oh, what is the last line actually? The first 3 sentences (TRAIN IS COMINGGGG..!!!) were so loud and in contrast the last line was so unclear that I can never figure out what it's saying!

Oh, what is the last line actually? The first 3 sentences (TRAIN IS COMINGGGG..!!!) were so loud and in contrast the last line was so unclear that I can never figure out what it's saying!

"Train is coming ..., Train is coming ..., Train is comingggggggg ..., So start 'Q'ing ..., Love your Ride ..."

If I remember correctly . . . . . :sweat:

They play this on MRT stations, but use so lousy audio quality . . . . . :dunno:

Btw, you start a poll without knowing what they are singing, . . . . . :bsmilie:

That's a jingle, a lame one.

why not spend the money on solving overcrowding issues instead of telling people to love their ride ? how to love the rides when it is often so crowded ? :sweat:

They are encouraging commuters to give way to alighting passengers so that all passengers can love their ride . . . . . :)

"Train is coming ..., Train is coming ..., Train is comingggggggg ..., So start 'Q'ing ..., Love your Ride ..."

If I remember correctly . . . . . :sweat:

They play this on MRT stations, but use so lousy audio quality . . . . . :dunno:

Btw, you start a poll without knowing what they are singing, . . . . . :bsmilie:

Ya. :what: Until you said it's some Q-ing thinggy, I just couldn't understand why they bother to blast "Train is Coming!! Train is Coming!! Train is Comingggggg ... blah blah q blah blah blah..."

It's annoying...just wish they quickly sing and get it over and done with... -1 to train ride experience.
hmm...kinda curious for me. maybe i should try
Was wondering , is our train system the most naggy in the world ?

you got
- train is coming
- be vigilant to terrorist
- don't lean against the train door
- no eating / drinking
- mind the gap
- train transfer notice

what else ?

can't live without my noise blocking ear piece ... ;p

on second thought...i'd ride my bike or walk;)

Ya. :what: Until you said it's some Q-ing thinggy, I just couldn't understand why they bother to blast "Train is Coming!! Train is Coming!! Train is Comingggggg ... blah blah q blah blah blah..."

Because I saw the BIG 'Q' pasted on the platform glass doors of underground MRT when I first hear this song . . . . . :bsmilie:

Oh I remember last time they used to say which side the door of the train was opening when it was approaching a station... But they used left and right, don't make sense at all. It depends on where you are facing...

the front of the train is always the direction the train is moving towards. so why would have trouble differentiating left from right?

The sentence itself is not correct. It should not be "train is coming" it should be "the train is coming". Also since the song is played when the train is about to reach the platform it shouldn't be "coming" since that means it is on the way. It should be "arriving" which means it is almost here.

"The train is ARRIVINGGGG"

I think "Train is approaching" is better. "Train is coming" is used becos of the melody of the music.