Time to buy a EOS 20D body now

Status
Not open for further replies.
USM said:
This is just one classic example of thinking for too long and then missed a super good deal.

It's damn lucky for that buyer. No lose or depreciation at all should he sells in the future. How low can 20d body go at <$1,200?

I believe that this is ONE time affair that we will see in CS. No other sellers will be selling at this price unless we are talking about a few years down the road.

Unless there's some internal faults or if the body is in a beaten up condition?

eh 20d @$1200?? damn i was i a super long meeting. blame my boss ;p :bsmilie:

USM said:
Just saw someone sold a 20d body for $1,200 in the B & S Forum. Damn it, miss the deal. :mad2:
Do you consider it a case of .... the lucky buyer or ..... a sucker seller? :bsmilie:
Only time will try ...

USM said:
Just saw someone sold a 20d body for $1,200 in the B & S Forum. Damn it, miss the deal. :mad2:

Actually it's not the 20D body for $1200. It's a package with the 17-85 IS lens for $2200.

There are many ways to look at it. One way is to look at the 20D for $1700 and the 17-85 for $500. So that means you get a cheap lens and a body at market price.

If you consider the 17-85 to be worth $1500, then the 20D only cost $700. Of coure that's a silly way to look at it. The 17-85 is not worth $1000 anyway, esp for a used one.

But bottomline is.... it's still a great deal! :thumbsup:

holeinone said:
Actually it's not the 20D body for $1200. It's a package with the 17-85 IS lens for $2200.

There are many ways to look at it. One way is to look at the 20D for $1700 and the 17-85 for $500. So that means you get a cheap lens and a body at market price.

If you consider the 17-85 to be worth $1500, then the 20D only cost $700. Of coure that's a silly way to look at it. The 17-85 is not worth $1000 anyway, esp for a used one.

But bottomline is.... it's still a great deal! :thumbsup:

Bro, if you have been following the 2nd hand market price for the EF-S 17-85mm lens, you will know that it's worth around $800++. Therefore, the 20d body alone is only ~ $1,200. This is the formulae. :)

Canonised said:
Do you consider it a case of .... the lucky buyer or ..... a sucker seller? :bsmilie:
Only time will try ...

Bro, please do not use such a "word" on the seller, He is definitely not. He knows his stuff. He sold at such a price out of goodwill I believe. Some kind of returning a favour to the Society. He mentioned that $$$ is not everything in photography.

actually the deal is good but not until so good.

I think the 20D is overpriced. It cost around $2k overseas. and around $2.4k locally but minus of freebies closer to $2.1k. The lens is worth around $800. so a $1.4k price for the body is quite reasonable. reasonable deal. The most I am willing to pay for a 2year + 20D is around 30% of band new price which is around 2.1k * 0.7 = 1.47k.

1.4k is only like thirty something percent of 2.1k.

A good and reasonable deal. Definately not a sucky seller. I think anyone who pays like 20% off brand new price for a 2 year+ 20D is a sucky buyer :)

Furthermore you may not fetch $800 for the 17-85 IS.

ask who is the buyer.. then convince him to sell to u at the same price he bought ;)

wind30 said:
A good and reasonable deal. Definately not a sucky seller. I think anyone who pays like 20% off brand new price for a 2 year+ 20D is a sucky buyer :)

errr...20D is not 2 years old yet...

Fine said:
errr...20D is not 2 years old yet...

That guy wrote 2004 so I thought it was 2 years but should be 1.5 years. but not much difference. Still out of warranty. Will you pay 80% brand new price for an out of warranty set? Even 70% is rather high already.

The 20D is confirmed at ard $2.4k with 1GB + calibrator which is worth around $300 + the training voucher, etc... $2.1k for the body is quite a conservative estimate.

Just for info,

A brand new 20D body:

1) Local Warranty = $1,899 nett (free 1gb CF card + ..... cannot remember) - CP

2) Shop Warranty = $1,800 - TCW

Wow. that's the price of a 350D 1 year ago..
LOL

why did this thread did not corespondence to the camera price thread?

they say TCW sol new one for $1850

Status
Not open for further replies.