Those were the days...

Status
Not open for further replies.
er dunno if anyone else remembers playing with this...
playing with ice-cream sticks where the purpose is to flip one part of your ice-cream stick over your opponents one den you win? gotta flick it with one finger only... hehehe
then the one which u win witht he most you will color and make it seem invincible.... hehehe primary skool stuff back in the 80s... hehehe

Also the chinese newspaper was once call "Sin(1) Chew(1) Ri(4) Bao(4)"

Catch fighting spiders near pandan leaves.....
Ride a bicycle called 'chopper' with 5 speed gear before BMX.....
Pluckin mangoes, rambutans growing in someone's frontyard with my childhood friends :embrass:
Old ah peks or aunties selling rojaks, tau fu fah in their trishaws
hand made wanton mee......red bean soups with you char kueh
milo, semi boiled kampung eggs with roast roti from local bakery shop....made by my grandma
high school sweetheart .... & dreams we had....

I would give away all $ ...just to relive it one more time :cry:

i would like to thank all who have contributed to this thread...

which allowed me to compile it all up...and i have come up with this entry

" Those were the days " blog entry

I have tried very hard(painstakingly sifting through the archives, yahoo and google search engines, and other sites) to come up with the photos, most of it provided by Picas Archive , i hope most of them are accurate enough. If there's isn't a photo for, it will be replaced with a closer one if not related. :sweat:

If i have accidentally linked to your site, do let me know, i would like to add a link (as a form of showing my goodwill, giving credit to). :angel:

The entry will be updated over time if there are more things to add...meanwhile i will hunt down certain items to take photos of, to add to them. =D

Many thanks once again to all who contributed!

sbs99 said:
i would like to thank all who have contributed to this thread...

which allowed me to compile it all up...and i have come up with this entry

" Those were the days " blog entry

I have tried very hard(painstakingly sifting through the archives, yahoo and google search engines, and other sites) to come up with the photos, most of it provided by Picas Archive , i hope most of them are accurate enough. If there's isn't a photo for, it will be replaced with a closer one if not related. :sweat:

If i have accidentally linked to your site, do let me know, i would like to add a link (as a form of showing my goodwill, giving credit to). :angel:

The entry will be updated over time if there are more things to add...meanwhile i will hunt down certain items to take photos of, to add to them. =D

Many thanks once again to all who contributed!

Damn good effort!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: A real trip down memory lane....

By the way the photo of the ice popsicles (Sng Pao) is too modern liao. The ones I had as a kid are made from long and thin plastic bags! The bags are first filled with flavoured drink and then the open end is then sealed either by tying a knot or with a mini rubber band. Then it is frozen and sold. To consume it you bite a small hole on the closed end of the plastic bag and slowly suck out the liquid as the ice melts. My favourite favour was sour plum (sng mueh) There is actually a "sng mueh" frozen in the ice. I think there was also pineapple flavour with small pineapple chunks frozen in. Other flavours include red-bean and orange....

roygoh said:
By the way the photo of the ice popsicles (Sng Pao) is too modern liao. The ones I had as a kid are made from long and thin plastic bags! The bags are first filled with flavoured drink and then the open end is then sealed either by tying a knot or with a mini rubber band. Then it is frozen and sold. To consume it you bite a small hole on the closed end of the plastic bag and slowly suck out the liquid as the ice melts. My favourite favour was sour plum (sng mueh) There is actually a "sng mueh" frozen in the ice. I think there was also pineapple flavour with small pineapple chunks frozen in. Other flavours include red-bean and orange....

i cant find the photo! *dies* :sweat:

i rank this and the telecom's phone among the hardest photo to source for. Practically spend hours, sifting through page after page, trying different words for the search engines. Hehehe.

Any kind soul out there have a shot of it? send me? =D

if anyone remembers, SBS is the not sole bus operator in the 70s. Still got other one can't remember the name but later they merged.

Always waiting for my fav carton, Macross/Robotech Saga on Sat. :)

LazerLordz said:
You mean the Telecom phone used in the early 80s?

Yup...the green, red, blue ones...hahaha...i think i will go Sungei road to take photos....hehe

TokRot said:
if anyone remembers, SBS is the not sole bus operator in the 70s. Still got other one can't remember the name but later they merged.

Always waiting for my fav carton, Macross/Robotech Saga on Sat.

Yup...there was other services as well....i didn't wanna go too much into details, unless the need arises...hehe

i missed out Macross! how could i!? Tai Kong Bao Lei!! Hahahaha

52. the hotel collapsed in 1986 on march 15th or 16th

You actually missed this? I wished it didn't happen man..

Anyway, Macross is far too modern already. There is the satay man that will count the satay sticks you ate at his road side stall and bill you according to the sticks left behind. :bsmilie: There's always only 1 stick. wahahah

Then there are photographic papers they sold as toys and you make your own pin hole cameras from boxes to expose them. :D

Well.. I din't go through the above.. those were stories from my dad's time.

My time has mass movie screenings at the basketball court once every month.

Wayangs drew more crowd than a soccer match.. (ok maybe not so much.. ;p)

yanyewkay said:
You actually missed this? I wished it didn't happen man..

no lah!! lol.....i dun miss that. maybe i should remove that? lest people misunderstand me...hahaha

Status
Not open for further replies.