Think Tank Part 3: POISON CONTINUES

Status
Not open for further replies.
i also looking at the diy things.
but there is something i found while using thebelt system.
i am currently using the speed demon.
sometime i would add the large lens drop in, lightning fast or lencase75.

i use the sling, but i found it to be quite heavy and will get uncomfortable if carry for long hours.

do you all find this true will using the belt system.

due to this i tend to bring the airport antidue more on shooting events.

What do you find heavy? The sling usage or the belt?

I use the belt system. It's much more convenient and in the long run more comfortable than carrying a shoulder bag.

I've shot two events on a similar setup.

1. Founder's Day (afternoon - dinner)
Carrying a Domke J1, loaded with a 580EX, Lightsphere, Sto-fen, 17-50 f/2.8, 70-200 f/2.8 IS USM and 30D. When shooting, most of the time the 17-50 is on the camera. This event left my right shoulder aching for a good two days.

2. Christmas Musical (3hr event)
Carrying Pro-Speed Belt System. Transported to event location via Airport Antidote. Shot on a 30D, 17-50 f/2.8, 70-200 f/2.8, 35mm f/2, Sigma 10-20mm f/4-5.6, 580EX with Lightsphere. Flash usage at reception and meet-the-actors after the musical.

I felt more tired after 1., well, cos it's a longer event, but the ergonomics of the belt system reach out to me more. It's easier to get to everything. No need to lift the flap off your bag and dig around. The only issue I have is it's a little hard sitting in regular chairs when you're so "fat". Worse still are those with armrests. :bsmilie:

i also looking at the diy things.
but there is something i found while using thebelt system.
i am currently using the speed demon.
sometime i would add the large lens drop in, lightning fast or lencase75.

i use the sling, but i found it to be quite heavy and will get uncomfortable if carry for long hours.

do you all find this true will using the belt system.

due to this i tend to bring the airport antidue more on shooting events.

Hi
I had been using the belt system for all my events. I dun feel the belt system had any weight issue. It depends on how you distributed the items on the the belt. As long as there is balance on the belt.

Cheers!

:x went yesturday, speed racer sold out :X ...... so in the end got a KATA sensitivity V :p
TK say must wait for 3wks .... haiz

What do you find heavy? The sling usage or the belt?

I use the belt system. It's much more convenient and in the long run more comfortable than carrying a shoulder bag.

I've shot two events on a similar setup.

1. Founder's Day (afternoon - dinner)
Carrying a Domke J1, loaded with a 580EX, Lightsphere, Sto-fen, 17-50 f/2.8, 70-200 f/2.8 IS USM and 30D. When shooting, most of the time the 17-50 is on the camera. This event left my right shoulder aching for a good two days.

2. Christmas Musical (3hr event)
Carrying Pro-Speed Belt System. Transported to event location via Airport Antidote. Shot on a 30D, 17-50 f/2.8, 70-200 f/2.8, 35mm f/2, Sigma 10-20mm f/4-5.6, 580EX with Lightsphere. Flash usage at reception and meet-the-actors after the musical.

I felt more tired after 1., well, cos it's a longer event, but the ergonomics of the belt system reach out to me more. It's easier to get to everything. No need to lift the flap off your bag and dig around. The only issue I have is it's a little hard sitting in regular chairs when you're so "fat". Worse still are those with armrests. :bsmilie:
you sit? I just plunk myself down on the floor with the food and drinks

i usually remove the belt as i am quite fat :p
my setup is to carry 40D+430EX+24-70+10-22+50F1.4.
all these goes into a speed demon+lightning fast+large lens drop in.
do you all use the sling?? i do so i find shoulder sore after a day event.

btw calebk, how you fit all those things into the antidole with the modules?
can show with pic??
thanks

i also very fat..

carry taxi like tortoise.. carry my big black shell..

:bsmilie: :bsmilie:

i usually remove the belt as i am quite fat :p
my setup is to carry 40D+430EX+24-70+10-22+50F1.4.
all these goes into a speed demon+lightning fast+large lens drop in.
do you all use the sling?? i do so i find shoulder sore after a day event.

btw calebk, how you fit all those things into the antidole with the modules?
can show with pic??
thanks

I don't use the sling as I use modulus components, not the Speed-series beltpacks.

Next time I have event shoot, I'll try and remember to take a photo of the bag when packed. :)

IPPT what IPPT :p

calebk -> thanks i will look out for you post. i understand that you use the belt+modules, but dun they drop to a low level?

IPPT what IPPT :p

calebk -> thanks i will look out for you post. i understand that you use the belt+modules, but dun they drop to a low level?

If your belt is adjusted to the correct diameter, no they won't. It has to sit on the hip at just the right tightness.

Status
Not open for further replies.