The Unicorn has Finally Appeared - Pentax Announces its FF camera at CP+

Someone stop selling already: http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1492248&p=9079552#post9079552

Hope those who just sold Pentax for cheap won't regret (Denis ;)).

Great!
Hope that it stems the outage of ppl.

The Pentax lenses make the most sense on FF because they form some of the smallest FF system with those lenses (esp for FF DSLR)
The Pentax cameras also have very good minor stuff and interfaces that make more photographic sense.
You won't appreciate it until you've used something else and find those stuff missing.
Green button; Bracketing that can be tweaked for all combos of Ev and frames; bracketing that can be released by selftimer or remote; histogram that is overlaid over the image preview.
Yes, sounds like nothing, but when those add up into less button presses, menu digging and good response,photographic 'flow' , they just make a better user experience.

If you think about opportunity cost then you will know why Denis made the switch ............. :)

If you think about opportunity cost then you will know why Denis made the switch ............. :)

I guess I know him better than you do, and I know why he switched, definitely not because of cost or anything like that ;)

Great!

The Pentax lenses make the most sense on FF because they form some of the smallest FF system with those lenses (esp for FF DSLR)
The Pentax cameras also have very good minor stuff and interfaces that make more photographic sense.
You won't appreciate it until you've used something else and find those stuff missing.
Green button; Bracketing that can be tweaked for all combos of Ev and frames; bracketing that can be released by selftimer or remote; histogram that is overlaid over the image preview.
Yes, sounds like nothing, but when those add up into less button presses, menu digging and good response,photographic 'flow' , they just make a better user experience.

I've had or tried many cameras, pretty much all brands, Pentax is the only brand when I use it, I don't need to think which button to press or which knob to turn. Everything just comes in nature, the button layout is very logical.

And Pentax color is just something I really like. Those Limited lenses are some gems which every Pentaxian should at least have one. I'm sure the new FF Pentax won't disappoint us.

Great!

Yeah!!! Some of the functions on Pentax is really about getting the full user experience in photography.

I missed Pentax AWB when i am using another system, the green button...

Anxiously waiting for end of year!

Yeah!!! Some of the functions on Pentax is really about getting the full user experience in photography.

I missed Pentax AWB when i am using another system, the green button...

Anxiously waiting for end of year!

Wait and at the same time save too :)

Someone stop selling already: http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1492248&p=9079552#post9079552

Ha, ha... isn't my timing great! I finally decide to let go of all my Pentax gear and they go ahead and announce a FF camera.
Seriously, I'm cheering for Pentax but let's get this in perspective. No firm date when the camera will be available, no confirmed specs, no indication of price... it's just all a myth. :bsmilie:

One thing I will say is if you're onto FF, it is really important to get the best lenses out there. I'm afraid the older Pentax FF lenses might just not hack it with today's sensors. I not entirely sure think Pentax will offer that great value, as this is a new flagship product, but hey, I'm happy to be proven wrong.

Ha, ha... isn't my timing great! I finally decide to let go of all my Pentax gear and they go ahead and announce a FF camera.
Seriously, I'm cheering for Pentax but let's get this in perspective. No firm date when the camera will be available, no confirmed specs, no indication of price... it's just all a myth. :bsmilie:

One thing I will say is if you're onto FF, it is really important to get the best lenses out there. I'm afraid the older Pentax FF lenses might just not hack it with today's sensors. I not entirely sure think Pentax will offer that great value, as this is a new flagship product, but hey, I'm happy to be proven wrong.

Thx Denis :)

I think it's a DSLR with an OVF, which is exactly what I've been waiting for!
Based on previous K mount bodies, it does not look like it has a built-in flash, which I rarely use anyway.
Now to dust away my FA 77 1.8, focal length was pretty long on APS-C.

Last edited:
Wow! we are expecting exciting times ahead. It's been a long time since we see such enthusiasm and excitement among Pentaxians here.

Look forward to more detail and hope it will not remain elusive to too long :). Time to dig all my lenses and get them ready...Taks, K, A, M, F, FAs :)

:bsmilie::bsmilie::bsmilie::bsmilie:

Someone talking about me? No wonder I suddenly received some queries about the lenses yesterday. Now have to wait till the end of the year, or maybe even later depending on stock availability and budget. No worries about high megapixel count with the ZK lenses. Waited very very very long like everyone else here.

I feel my Pentax heart is starting to beat and playing drums now

I think you better pace yourself and not let your heart fail before the camera arrives :bsmilie:..... you should know how long we have been waiting for this to happen. :)

I pray that Pentax will not shoot itself in the foot by using the same design team which came out with the KS1 to design the FF. Pentax/Ricoh will not win any new fans or keep any Pentaxians if they believe blinking LEDs that only an Ultraman fan might fancy will sell well.

I pray that Pentax will not shoot itself in the foot by using the same design team which came out with the KS1 to design the FF. Pentax/Ricoh will not win any new fans or keep any Pentaxians if they believe blinking LEDs that only an Ultraman fan might fancy will sell well.

True man....only light we can accept is card reader light :)

I think we will know one CP+ starts, but comparing the cameras :

front.jpg

full-frame.jpeg

The mirror box has to be the same size.
It has been since film (on my MZ5n, or ME, etc)

That does suggest that this camera is no larger than K3 (around that size, or maybe K20) with the prism being the significant addition to the appearance of size.

I think we will know one CP+ starts, but comparing the cameras :

The mirror box has to be the same size.
It has been since film (on my MZ5n, or ME, etc)

That does suggest that this camera is no larger than K3 (around that size, or maybe K20) with the prism being the significant addition to the appearance of size.

Also hope the weight won't be over 1kg and used back the same battery...:)

Congrats to all Pentaxians for their long wait is finally over...almost..till end 2015...
Denis, here are some pre-release photos to prove its not vapourware for long...
The FF version of their famour MF 67 series :)

head1_mini.jpg

Last edited:
so looking forward to shooting macro with this new body. :lovegrin: 55mm, 90mm, 100mm, 105mm, 125mm.

darn.... if only i had been more diligent to hunt for the 200mm. now price will be way out of reach.