The Pentax K1 Thread! - Post all your K1 picts and impressions

All K1 owners reported in here oredi? Franz?;)

Oh, ben not yet.:D

otc

All K1 owners reported in here oredi? Franz?;)

Oh, ben not yet.:D

otc

Room!!! Diam!!!!!...Sir, they not back yet. Still got 17mins before 2359 Sir!...

Congrats....da*55, da40xs/40ltd, da300 etc i guess also usable...

Yes DA*300 is already listed as FF compatible, I got 6/9 lenses FF compatible. :D

:sweat::faint:

You awol from pentax gathering after kahwin. Atttending Pentax gathering equals joy and happiness and that equals many babies ma.:bsmilie:

Pentax formula.;)

otc

Guys,

I have a question, How do you protect the LCD from getting scratches as the glass protector is not in stores yet?

hmmm....just be careful till the screen is here....

Guys,

I have a question, How do you protect the LCD from getting scratches as the glass protector is not in stores yet?

One idea is just go Qoo10 and get one of those cheap protectors.
May not fit exactly but it is better than nothing.

Later replace with the proper one.

One idea is just go Qoo10 and get one of those cheap protectors.
May not fit exactly but it is better than nothing.

Later replace with the proper one.

or use carbon fibre sticker and set camera to P mode :)

Guys,

For Ricoh and Pentax, I always need to bring my camera to Camera Black Market at Peninsula and try see which screen protector fit for it. There is no Ricoh/Pentax model listed there off course. ;p

For example:

The Canon 5DMKIII screen protector for my K-3 3.2" LCD.
The Nikon D600 (or Canon 6D could not remember correctly) for my Ricoh GR

Good luck and enjoy your new baby! ;)

For Ricoh and Pentax, I always need to bring my camera to Camera Black Market at Peninsula and try see which screen protector fit for it. There is no Ricoh/Pentax model listed there off course. ;p

For example:

The Canon 5DMKIII screen protector for my K-3 3.2" LCD.
The Nikon D600 (or Canon 6D could not remember correctly) for my Ricoh GR

Good luck and enjoy your new baby! ;)

Thanks Chip

.. wow ... this thread already registered 5594 views, just 5 days after being set up. Pentax K1 is making waves, keep the pictures coming ... :bigeyes:

.. wow ... this thread already registered 5594 views, just 5 days after being set up. Pentax K1 is making waves, keep the pictures coming ... :bigeyes:

Yes, I'd just wanted to say the same thing.

We guys are lucky, we are some of the early ones to get this camera.
This thread has been shared worldwide on Pentax Forums, Fred Miranda, DPR.

Keep the photos and user impressions coming!

I do think we should also take the chance to talk about some of the ways we are using the functions or how we set the camera, etc.
How to use pixel shift effectively for example.
Or any observations between using PEF and DNG, etc

Great jobs to all...give yourself a pat!!!

One thing i feel great for pentax is they really thought it out on the dial. Instead of following the traditional shutter dial(that some camp say it is retro looks), they turn it into a short cut function that normally we have to go into menu(since the front wheel can control shutter speed). Overall, K1 still looks traditional with dials but make it more useful and more easy for user. Now i go in menu to change function lesser. Great jobs!!!

20160503-IMGP0210-Pixel shift by jenkwang, on Flickr
K1+Samyang 14/2.8

Starting to explore the pixel shift function which is one of the reason for me getting the K1.
I have left the full sized sample on my Flickr.
You won't be able to tell the difference using the image posted here as its too small.

There are 2 selections for the pixel shift function, I think I will need to go find out what one does over the other. :)

For now, I'm on Selection#1.

First impression using it was, 'wow! thats faster than I thought'.
I had thought it like exposure bracketing or HDR where the camera takes 3 images in succession and a wait in processing.
So I was very surprised that all it too was for the camera to flip up the mirror once, and all 3 images are taken.

To use it effectively (this applies to selection 1 for now), I think one has to do a pixel shift image as well as a normal one. (camera on tripod of course)
Steps :
1. Do normal 1 shot
2. Do PS shot
3. Process both to taste on RAW converter
4. Open in PS
5. Align layers and create a layer mask
6. Look thru the image and mask off areas that have movement artifacts.

It may sound a bit of work, but my opinion is that any detailed shot would require the discipline to look thru the image and fix stuff anyway (eg. cloning dust bunnies; removing ppl; exposure blend; dodge/burn, etc).

Maybe Selection#2 can clean up movement artifacts better?? I need to try, or even better some guys help chip in on the info. :)

I would certainly hope others will start exploring and come up with new/better ideas on this.

IQ at the end, is Fantastic! and to me its worth the bit of effort.
I will post up a full size sample of the non-PS image for better comparison later.

Last edited: