The Pentax K1 Thread! - Post all your K1 picts and impressions

Guys, you are all SO SO Fast!

Once a pentaxian, it's hard to go away for too long. My first attempt with the camera ..

K1 + FA35

First thing about the camera is buttons galore. Everything consequential can be changed with 1 of your fingers ..

Welcome back Bernard. In the first place you did not move away from pentax right. just holding 2 systems. Nice to see you here and great perspective.

otc

Welcome back Bernard. In the first place you did not move away from pentax right. just holding 2 systems. Nice to see you here and great perspective.

otc

........I think he tak boleh tahan after seeing and touching the camera ...... :bsmilie:

Once a pentaxian, it's hard to go away for too long. My first attempt with the camera ..

K1 + FA35

First thing about the camera is buttons galore. Everything consequential can be changed with 1 of your fingers ..

Bernard, great shot as usual.

Yeah, there are so many buttons that I'm still figuring out some good ways to utilize them over accessing the quick menu.
I know for one that Pixel Shift will be on the menu for sure, but not decided it this can be on a User mode (on the dial) or assigned to the RAW/JPG button. (Choices galore! ) :)

Another capture from me.
FA43ltd.

Free Spirit by jenkwang, on Flickr

The build quality of this camera is awesome.
Ifs compact, and solid.
There is a heft to it though its not overly heavy, which after a while I don't notice anymore.

Its pretty amazing how Pentax kept to its design philosophies and gave us a camera that is not much bigger than a K3, but with FF all while adding a shake reduction module that can handle the larger sensor.

Another capture from me.
FA43ltd.

Free Spirit by jenkwang, on Flickr

Ifs compact, and solid.
There is a heft to it though its not overly heavy, which after a while I don't notice anymore.

Its pretty amazing how Pentax kept to its design philosophies and gave us a camera that is not much bigger than a K3, but with FF all while adding a shake reduction module that can handle the larger sensor.

In your hands, I am sure I'll be seeing a lot of great imagery.

I basically only had been admiring it with the poor sunrise and sunset these couple of days.

This one is the same location, but I tried with interval composite. Slap on a ND3.0 and a ND0.9 to get roughly 30s exposure. Decided to play around with the "multiple-Exposure" capabilities (now interval composite).

This is about 15 x 30s = 450s.

K1 + FA35

K1 + FA35

Welcome back Bernard! Damn. so nice your photo.. the K1 is in good hands :)
Another capture from me.
FA43ltd.

Ifs compact, and solid.

Nice Portrait shot. Is this taken in the Zoo?

I basically only had been admiring it with the poor sunrise and sunset these couple of days.

This one is the same location, but I tried with interval composite. Slap on a ND3.0 and a ND0.9 to get roughly 30s exposure. Decided to play around with the "multiple-Exposure" capabilities (now interval composite).

This is about 15 x 30s = 450s.

K1 + FA35

https://flic.kr/p/GEucfy

Great!!

Nice Portrait shot. Is this taken in the Zoo?

Oddly, no.
At Bottle Tree Village.

The guy is from a group of enthusiasts.
Pretty interesting hobby with a bird costing up to $5000 depending on color.

K1 + FA35

Glad to see you back with the K1

Oddly, no.
At Bottle Tree Village.

The guy is from a group of enthusiasts.
Pretty interesting hobby with a bird costing up to $5000 depending on color.

ah ic ic.. i remember seeing parrots there, but i thought no more liao....

........I think he tak boleh tahan after seeing and touching the camera ...... :bsmilie:

Zenten, are you holding any K1 now? You need to come to the group outing and probably will be the first to hold K1 here.;)

otc

I have invited one Pentaxian who is not in CS to come to the outing in May. Need to know the date and then we can plan.

Got the k1 over the weekend..first impression is that the camera is well built..with the 2 additional dial on top, it mean i can change settings for almost anything without diving into the menu

here are some pictures which i took with FA*24

IMGP0149 by Unforgiven28, on Flickr

IMGP0184 by Unforgiven28, on Flickr

IMGP0213 by Unforgiven28, on Flickr

Got the k1 over the weekend..first impression is that the camera is well built..with the 2 additional dial on top, it mean i can change settings for almost anything without diving into the menu

here are some pictures which i took with FA*24

https://flic.kr/p/GA1QibIMGP0149 by Unforgiven28, on Flickr

https://flic.kr/p/GFXuDqIMGP0184 by Unforgiven28, on Flickr

https://flic.kr/p/GMq9VUIMGP0213 by Unforgiven28, on Flickr

Blink blink...thumbs up...:)

while its starburst cant be compared to DA15 (but then which lens can)..i still like the FA*24 starburst..guess i will continue to use this as my wide angle until i can get the FA20-35 or the new 15-30

IMGP0216 by Unforgiven28, on Flickr