The Pentax K1 Thread! - Post all your K1 picts and impressions

Some shots of cosplay at The Cathay.

FA77 - all shots at F2.5 and it felt so sharp at this aperture.
Also took the opportunity to play with the flash with the K1.

Last one was at the Heritage fest @ National Museum.

Vivid Cosplay shots as usual, Ranchy. When were you there?
And as usual you have an uncanny eye for the gorgeous as depicted by your 3rd pic ������

Ranchy,

Your 3rd picture, brings out the strength of the FA 77mm. Good isolation of the subject, smooth bokeh and most interesting is the wat it manages to portrays the coloured lights hanging in the background. :)

... You guys are so fast ... already started testing the camera on your lens .... for those still sitting on the fence and waiting, I the results from the pictures being posted here speaks volumes ...

mai tu liao.... better put thoughts into action, visit a camera store to check out the camera itself, and dun forget to bring along your credit card... ;)

Franz, Looks like it is your turn to get the K1, since even JK has got one :devil:

Ranchy, you did justice to the FA Limiteds !!

K1 is sure for loyal pentaxians a long waited full frame camera. I am a 5 years old pentaxian and i started to dream about full frame only 3 years ago. What's make me choose pentax in the first place?...Yes you are right. Compactness of the camera and lenses and also pentax color. I can see even the K1's package box is smaller then others brand full frame in majority.

Ok let's start my first photos,

13102761_1347892171904450_6919411148149605180_n.jpg

Taken with Da*55 f1.4
13083126_1347903935236607_3723829252339235094_n.jpg

This lens is truely usable on K1. This lens seems to have no or less focusing hunting when mounted on my K1. Overall AF focusing accuracy and speed improved. If you are looking for a 50mm with aero-bright coating and weather sealed, this is the lens.

Fa43 ltd the 1st princess
13062150_1347947535232247_1663014880716289582_n.jpg

No need more introduction for this amazing lens and it is the 1st princess of pentax fa ltd. Been using this lens on apsc and feel the bokeh is ok and nice but on apsc focal length is wired. First mounted on K1 and the full potential is out. Pop Pop Pop...cheers!

ok will post more when i got the time. Above comments are all my own personal experience and different people might see it differently. Anyway those people who have the K1 already, please share more and talk about your own experience with K1 and lenses. Thank you.

Reactions: pinholecam
K1 is sure for loyal pentaxians a long waited full frame camera. I am a 5 years old pentaxian and i started to dream about full frame only 3 years ago. What's make me choose pentax in the first place?...Yes you are right. Compactness of the camera and lenses and also pentax color. I can see even the K1's package box is smaller then others brand full frame in majority.

Ok let's start my first photos,

13102761_1347892171904450_6919411148149605180_n.jpg

Taken with Da*55 f1.4
13083126_1347903935236607_3723829252339235094_n.jpg

This lens is truely usable on K1. This lens seems to have no or less focusing hunting when mounted on my K1. Overall AF focusing accuracy and speed improved. If you are looking for a 50mm with aero-bright coating and weather sealed, this is the lens.

Fa43 ltd the 1st princess
13062150_1347947535232247_1663014880716289582_n.jpg

No need more introduction for this amazing lens and it is the 1st princess of pentax fa ltd. Been using this lens on apsc and feel the bokeh is ok and nice but on apsc focal length is wired. First mounted on K1 and the full potential is out. Pop Pop Pop...cheers!

ok will post more when i got the time. Above comments are all my own personal experience and different people might see it differently. Anyway those people who have the K1 already, please share more and talk about your own experience with K1 and lenses. Thank you.

Wah someone got the K! liao

Wah someone got the K! liao

Yea just got it and tried few snap. The photos taken by fa43 at iso1600 was amazing clean and good...love it. I believe this k1 at high iso 10000? will be amazing too.

Last edited:
Big upgrade for me, from K30 - K1. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

26742191525_6e461378b2_c.jpg

Cheong, you might be the first guy here to get the camera. :cool:

Do post more when you get the chance. :)

Vivid Cosplay shots as usual, Ranchy. When were you there?
And as usual you have an uncanny eye for the gorgeous as depicted by your 3rd pic ������

I was there on Sat. But i think i was there for 30-40mins only.

Ranchy,

Your 3rd picture, brings out the strength of the FA 77mm. Good isolation of the subject, smooth bokeh and most interesting is the wat it manages to portrays the coloured lights hanging in the background. :)

Ranchy, you did justice to the FA Limiteds !!

Lol. Just lucky that the subject and the lighting falls together. FA77 is good :)

I was there on Sat. But i think i was there for 30-40mins only.

Lol. Just lucky that the subject and the lighting falls together. FA77 is good :)

Power ranchy...

Ranchy,

FRANZ, still have not shown your power of K1 huh?

otc

Big upgrade for me, from K30 - K1. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

26742191525_6e461378b2_c.jpg

cheong, congrates for the upgrade. still have A200 macro in evil bay.:bsmilie::bsmilie:

otc

So short a time? I heard that it was so hot on Sunday that all stayed indoors

Yup, i went for awhile. unexpected trip. sat, evening was more cooling. Sunday, it's extreme hot. I gave up even going down! lolx.

Thanks that it is a holiday today and i could continue to have a chance to play with the camera at Garden by the bay.

Zeiss 25
Using manual lens today, i felt the OVF is bright and i felt manual focus seem much easier as compare with the K3. The AF assist is quite accurate, only my hand shake isn't. lol.

Taken with live view, the tilting screen make it easier to angle to my viewing point and with focus peaking and zoom magnification function, it works well although i would prefer the focus peaking in Sony A7.

FA85 with OVF

Normally, i would focus in the center and shift to get the composition. The below was directly shot with the composition i wanted, focus manually and in the OVF, it really shows it form blur to sharp. thinks to the bright OVF, it so fun to play with. Not sure if it is as good at night. hmm.. .

Guys, you are all SO SO Fast!

Once a pentaxian, it's hard to go away for too long. My first attempt with the camera ..

K1 + FA35

First thing about the camera is buttons galore. Everything consequential can be changed with 1 of your fingers ..

Last edited: