The Pentax K and M42 lens club

Ah.. I thought the K28/3.5 is small.. hmm. next time should take lens size comparison photos!

Yup, have the K28/2 only last year.

You know who to look for. :D

Wah... I missed one last year at a very good price.
Owner probably did not know what it was.
Doubt I will ever find one at that price anymore.

You know who to look for.

Wah... I missed one last year at a very good price.
Owner probably did not know what it was.
Doubt I will ever find one at that price anymore.

There was one on sales last year? did not knew about it though.

Some more photos, can't complete it without the models shots. heee
K28/2

K28/2

Its was on PF.

Nice shots again! :)

Not so many M42 lenses showcased here.
So here's one for the day.

Alley runway by jenkwang, on Flickr
Super Takumar 85/1.9

A bit on the larger side when its got to compare with the tiny M85/2, but a nice lens in its own right.
Superb build and really smooth focusing.

Personally, I feel its less contrasty than some of the SMC 85mm I have.
I go to it when I don't want too much contrast.
Great for portraits esp for half body shots where the bokeh is very nice.

20130524-IMG_0133 Pentax_K1 by jenkwang, on Flickr

20131006-IMG_0557-50 mmPentax_K1-1 by jenkwang, on Flickr

K28/2....
You ruined my dream of getting this lens, Ranchy!!!!! I will never be able to grab one at a reasonable price any more after any seller and other buyers see these shared photos! :cry:

All have got great horsepower.....powerrrr.....

You ruined my dream of getting this lens, Ranchy!!!!! I will never be able to grab one at a reasonable price any more after any seller and other buyers see these shared photos! :cry:

That chance disappeared long ago when some guy posted on his blog (video making blog iirc) that this lens was the same one as the Zeiss for cheap. :D

18, 24, 28, 35, 50X2, 55, 135...a good start I would say

23864928114_9cda22aa74_b.jpg

Last edited:

That chance disappeared long ago when some guy posted on his blog (video making blog iirc) that this lens was the same one as the Zeiss for cheap. :D

Chipvn, no lah.. no sabo you.. hee hee. must create abit of awareness.. hahaha
hee...... Pray for them to come out an updated version?
18, 24, 28, 35, 50X2, 55, 135...a good start I would say

23864928114_9cda22aa74_b.jpg

Wow that's a nice collection. is it all Takumar ?

Ranchy..you have the FA31 also right? how will you compare the k28 f2 against the big princess?

Wow that's a nice collection. is it all Takumar ?

Thank you sir.

3 are third party M42 lenses Sears (Ricoh?), JC Penney (Ricoh?), and a Mamiya Sekor. One 55 Takumar (I have a spare one as well Super Tak). My new 50/1.7 K. Set of three Pentax 110 mounts. I also have a 50/2A K floating around the house here somewhere. I have owned most of these for several years now but never until I came to CS did I realize how good they actually are. Because of a limited budget at this time I am going to have to use them on m43 mount for now (plus this allows me to use the 110's). I am in buying mode though for some of the other manual focus K mounts before they get potentially crazy with the intro of the FF camera also the M42 to K mount adapters which are already going through the roof as far as I can tell. I will still keep my Nikon system but now I will have broader shoulders with the addition of Pentax.

Greatest thing is I am invested less than $100 so far! :D

TS and participating bros thank you so much for this thread as it is great practical real world knowledge to guide me as I collect more lenses.

Thank you sir.

3 are third party M42 lenses Sears (Ricoh?), JC Penney (Ricoh?), and a Mamiya Sekor. One 55 Takumar (I have a spare one as well Super Tak). My new 50/1.7 K. Set of three Pentax 110 mounts. I also have a 50/2A K floating around the house here somewhere. I have owned most of these for several years now but never until I came to CS did I realize how good they actually are. Because of a limited budget at this time I am going to have to use them on m43 mount for now (plus this allows me to use the 110's). I am in buying mode though for some of the other manual focus K mounts before they get potentially crazy with the intro of the FF camera also the M42 to K mount adapters which are already going through the roof as far as I can tell. I will still keep my Nikon system but now I will have broader shoulders with the addition of Pentax.

TS and participating bros thank you so much for this thread as it is great practical real world knowledge to guide me as I collect more lenses.

heard that 18mm f2.8 110 is hidden gem ;)

Thank you sir.

Ah, thanks for sharing. damn less than $100!

Takumar 50mm F1.4 - The first version of the Super Takumar 50mm f/1.4 had 8 lens elements.

This 8 element variant can be identified on the location of the infrared focus mark: The mark is to the right of the numeral 4 on the DOF scale. This is nicely illustrated in the second image above.

I have no idea what is the big difference between the 8 element with the later version. I only followed the forums and pounce on opportunity for a cheap one to play with.

On K-01

On K3

On FF: Close up wide open

Ranchy..you have the FA31 also right? how will you compare the k28 f2 against the big princess?

Actually, very hard to compare.

Some of my personal thoughts:

FA31 would be AF on the Pentax next FF ..
FA31 have nicer starburst :p

What i felt is K28 seem softer at the edge .. when both lenses are sharp when stop down.
Rendering seem good for both.
K28 maybe slightly warmer.
K28 may need a hood, not sure is it my adatper issue.

FA31 is the best option to buy as K28/2 will be a hard find. If not CZ28/2 also another good lens to have, it is more contrasty than FA31 and K28.

Actually, very hard to compare. Some of my personal thoughts: FA31 would be AF on the Pentax next FF .. FA31 have nicer starburst :p What i felt is K28 seem softer at the edge .. when both lenses are sharp when stop down. Rendering seem good for both. K28 maybe slightly warmer. K28 may need a hood, not sure is it my adatper issue. FA31 is the best option to buy as K28/2 will be a hard find. If not CZ28/2 also another good lens to have, it is more contrasty than FA31 and K28.

Ranchy I remember u also have CZ28/2 ,K28/2 and Fa31.. Lai Lai more good photo from them

Ranchy I remember u also have CZ28/2 ,K28/2 and Fa31.. Lai Lai more good photo from them

Did not take much leh.. not enough to share.. :p

U also used the K28/2 loh.. where's your picture!

Bringing up the post...

Takumar 83..

On K7

On K01

On K3

On FF

FA31..