The Beijing Olympics 8-24 Aug 08

Status
Not open for further replies.
...... since the Chinese govt could have pressured the judges to award the Gymnastic trio more marks.....
Bro, u dont mind me saying .... this is the most stupid thing i ever heard:dunno:
maybe you are not clear how the IOC functions .... in modern Games, because of high tech equipments, judges and coaches all have equal chance to voice any objection in scoring and there are the millions of people watching. Sometimes one must have certain knowledge in the sport to understand the fine differences in the standard of the competitors.
For instances, the two Americans are so good in their women gymnastic and they won many Gold and Silver. However in certain events they made mistakes and they paid for that. Even the best Chinese ShaSha fell in the beam event and didnt get any medal for that.
If you keep having wrong idea about the judges, then you wont be able to enjoy the fantastic skills of the competitors ....:dunno:

Bro, u dont mind me saying .... this is the most stupid thing i ever heard:dunno:
maybe you are not clear how the IOC functions .... in modern Games, because of high tech equipments, judges and coaches all have equal chance to voice any objection in scoring and there are the millions of people watching. Sometimes one must have certain knowledge in the sport to understand the fine differences in the standard of the competitors.
For instances, the two Americans are so good in their women gymnastic and they won many Gold and Silver. However in certain events they made mistakes and they paid for that. Even the best Chinese ShaSha fell in the beam event and didnt get any medal for that.
If you keep having wrong idea about the judges, then you wont be able to enjoy the fantastic skills of the competitors ....:dunno:

Ok, my bad. I just dont like talent to be under-rewarded by judges

i might be a wee bit OT by saying this, but i just have to get it off my chest....

Why in the world are there no stuffed toys for the medal recipients??? we've seen them given out in previous Games but why none in Beijing?? after all, isn't China supposed to be the biggest toy factory in the world?!

i might be a wee bit OT by saying this, but i just have to get it off my chest....

Why in the world are there no stuffed toys for the medal recipients??? we've seen them given out in previous Games but why none in Beijing?? after all, isn't China supposed to be the biggest toy factory in the world?!

I think the recent toys recalls made China ditch this idea in favour for a good view and easeness from the Western Countries :bsmilie:

After all, there's very slim chance of lead paint getting on flowers wouldnt it?

Last edited:
The super fast Bolt!!!!! :sweat:

Man, this Olympic game gave us all a great SHIOK!!! a cheetah man on land, a fish man in water :bigeyes:

The Jamaican are really taking over fast track events from US. USA team runners are so disappointing. Ever since the dopping scam exposed, the runners' performance are just "mah mah" :thumbsd:

Another medal for Singapore Table Tennis ladies single coming.... soon...:thumbsup:

This is awesome.

Take a look at the 4th round matchups for the singles table tennis for women.

There are two girls from Holland playing, and their names are:

Li Jiao
Li Jie

There is one girl from the Dominican Republic (!) playing, and her name is:

Wu Xue

There is one girl from the US playing, and her name is:

Gao Jun

There is one girl from Austria playing, and her name is:

Li Qiangbing

And from Singapore, of course, there is:

Feng Tian Wei
Li Jiawei

And the remaining players are from China, Hong Kong, and 2 natives from South Korea and Japan in total.

So out of 16 players in the 4th round, 14 are Chinese, representing a total of 7 countries!

They should just call it the Chinese National Table Tennis Championships.

Last edited:
This is awesome.

Take a look at the 4th round matchups for the singles table tennis for women.

There are two girls from Holland playing, and their names are:

Li Jiao
Li Jie

There is one girl from the Dominican Republic (!) playing, and her name is:

Wu Xue

There is one girl from the US playing, and her name is:

Gao Jun

There is one girl from Austria playing, and her name is:

Li Qiangbing

And from Singapore, of course, there is:

Feng Tian Wei
Li Jiawei

And the remaining players are from China, Hong Kong, and 2 natives from South Korea and Japan in total.

So out of 16 players in the 4th round, 14 are Chinese, representing a total of 7 countries!

They should just call it the Chinese National Table Tennis Championships.
This was intended to be The Second Great Wall of China .... :think: can even be seen from Mars laio... :sweat:

This was intended to be The Second Great Wall of China .... :think: can even be seen from Mars laio... :sweat:

Bro how did our 2 girls win?:think:

The super fast Bolt!!!!! :sweat:

Man, this Olympic game gave us all a great SHIOK!!! a cheetah man on land, a fish man in water

The Jamaican are really taking over fast track events from US. USA team runners are so disappointing. Ever since the dopping scam exposed, the runners' performance are just "mah mah"
There is another GRAND final tonight, the 200m Women Sprint Final....
this race is almost like between Jamaica and USA, with 3 runners from each countries :sweat:

There is a strong possibility that the Jamaicans will win another top 3 medals for this race, which will really be a fantastic historical event!:bigeyes:

I am very sure that the 4x100m Women GOLD will also go to the Jamaicans. :heart:

Bro how did our 2 girls win?:think:
My personal bet :

Qtr final:

ZHANG Yining should wins FENG Tianwei

LI Jia Wei should wins WANG Chen (USA)

WANG Nan should wins TIE Yana (HK)

GUO Yue should wins WU Xue (DOM)

Semifinal:
ZHANG Yining should wins LI Jia Wei

GUO Yue should wins WANG Nan

Final:
ZHANG Yining should wins GUO Yue

It is most unfortunate that our girls are in the Zhang Group. Though Feng is naturally a very good player, she is still too raw to fight Zhang, but Feng will definitely improve her ranking soon .... probably to No 7?
Jia Wei should beat Wang Chen. Jia Wei is a very good player but mentally she must control herself.

We only can hope that Feng creates another sensational win over Zhang and a Gold is a possibility if that happens..... and that is possible, but unlikely.

Shocking performance from Team USA's 4 x 100 m relays - both the men and womens' teams! Don't they practice passing the baton properly?

Shocking performance from Team USA's 4 x 100 m relays - both the men and womens' teams! Don't they practice passing the baton properly?
Dropping the baton for both teams in the Olympic for their best hope races are not shocking ..... what is really shocking is that the same happen in the last Games too :bsmilie::sweatsm:
Now the USA runners are blaming the Caribbean islanders that they are casting voodoo curses on them :sweat:

Surprising our Golden Girl, Lee Jia Wei has done very well with the Semifinal ...

Match 1
Lost 9-11

Match 2
Win 11-9

Match 3
Lost 12-10

This is such a pity ..... she was doing very very well .... now 1-2 :cry:

Surprising our Golden Girl, Lee Jia Wei has done very well with the Semifinal ...

Match 1
Lost 9-11

Match 2
Win 11-9

Match 3
Lost 12-10

This is such a pity ..... she was doing very very well .... now 1-2 :cry:

Not Golden girl but Silver Girl!:bsmilie:

GO JIA WEI GO!!!:cheergal::cheergal::cheergal:

Game 4
JW is leading all the way but Zhang always managed to get back all the points ...:sweat:
6-6

now the problem comes back ....
6-8

7-8

7-10 Game point

8-10 super exciting .....

it's over ... we lost
8-11

She has done us very very proud! ... well done girls!

Last edited:
Match 4
JW is leading all the way but Zhang always managed to get back all the points ...:sweat:
6-6

now the problem comes back ....
6-8

7-8

7-10 Game point

8-10 super exciting .....

it's over ... we lost
8-11

She has done us very very proud! ... well done girls!

So fast finished not best of 7 meh?:think:

Sad man!:( sad to think that they once rule the relays they can made such a mistake!!! Really Shocking!

Still got 4x400m to go!

Last Game: #5

Totally ran over by Zhang ....

4-9

Very short Game ... it's over
5-11

We lost our silver model hope ....

Final score: we lost 1-4

Last edited:
Last Game: #5

Totally ran over by Zhang ....

4-9

Think Jiawei give up liao....:cry: If she have had Tianwei's mental strength she might score an upset!:)

Status
Not open for further replies.