TFCD - yummm Food Shoot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
mintae said:
eh. i will like to clarify that im not seeking super professional pictures or of that sort, just thought that since i will be preparing the dishes to shoot a few pictures for myself, might as well ask interested clubsnappers and end up if they got nice ones, then perhaps i can be allowed their use. and especially if i get to learn something from you. :p

i am not sure how a group can shoot together, esp if end of the day you are going to use the photo in your menu. You will ended up having different WB, lighting, angle and perspective when you have mixture of cameras and lenses. It will definitely looks funny if there is such inconsistency in your food menu.

May be instead of asking for CD from the photographer at the end of the day, you can offer the food JUST for everyone to practise or experiment different styles, so that everyone can learn together. For your menu, i will suggest you to leave it to the professional to do it, may be along the way you can learn a few pointers too. In the end, whether your food can sell or not will depends on the first impression - ie. the photo, so dont be stingy with this.

mintae said:
if i can i'll try to bring maybe an array of food colourings and mix a few shades on the spot.
and a few mirrors of diff shapes and sizes if i can find. lol do bring the strobes!
and thanks for the suggestion about me going to read up on it, i'll definately do it.

do you think doing it at 5pm on a sunday evening would be good? if nobody is bringing lightings then its quite impossible. =S hmmm.

i'll pm you. =) hopefully keep it to 5-6people. or if you are capable of bringing your own lighting, then can form another team. =) would be quite an amusing sight though. ;)

not really, you dont need complicated lighting to get good effect, it is how you control the flash/ambient + food styling which are more important. Out of over 50 food stalls that I have shot for, 90% of the time I just use 1 or 2 external flashes that's all, setup the strobe is too much of a hassle when the stall only have 1-2 hours to spare to prepare the dishes for you. Only when the place is super dim, then i will bring along 2 table lamps.

so there's no room for a newb like me? haha..

sounds interesting.. :think:

Sion said:
I think this sounds like a EFCD (Eat for CD) rather than TFCD. :bsmilie:
latest trend is CS: TFDVD (Time for DVD), future trend in CS: TFPHD (Time for Portable Hard Disk). :bigeyes::sweat: :bsmilie:

catchlights said:
latest trend is CS: TFDVD (Time for DVD), future trend in CS: TFPHD (Time for Portable Hard Disk). :bigeyes::sweat: :bsmilie:

All the while i only interested in TFS... but nobody interested leh... ;p

=)

sms me at 93833296
if you're coming for the shoot tomorrow.
and let me know whether you're bringing lighting and what you would need.
=P can sms me links of pictures of what you would like to achieve too.
try to let me know by tonight 11pm kae.

Sunday 5pm
along Sunset way
clementi st 11. =)

It's always best to get someone who knows food photography really well.

If the food looks undesirable due to poor lighting and composition, it will make the matter worst. If I was the client and no matter how cheap the food is or free and if the food that is photograph looks poorly executed, instead of helping your blood relationship cafe owner you might just chased some away.

Think about it. I have been shooting food for as long as I know and so far any chefs, be it hawker centre or fine dining restaurants they have great pride on the presentation of the food. Great presentation on the food does not guarantee you with nice photos. If you do not understand the basic fundamental skills in lighting, especially lighting you may just ruin his day.

Status
Not open for further replies.