TFCD - yummm Food Shoot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
redstone said:
First come first served basis? :bsmilie:

No pun intended. ;p :bsmilie:

Me! Me! Me! :D

:bsmilie: now that's a really good one =)

catchlights said:
Huh?

I don't eat those dishes perpared for shoots, it maybe uncooked, half cooked, add oil, add food coloring etc, sometime even add chimerical, usually I lost appetite a few days for the food I shot. :bsmilie:

:D i whole heartedly agree.. :bsmilie:

catchlights said:
Huh?

I don't eat those dishes perpared for shoots, it maybe uncooked, half cooked, add oil, add food coloring etc, sometime even add chimerical, usually I lost appetite a few days for the food I shot. :bsmilie:

mintae said:
after shoot, you can feel free to makan the food. :D yummm.

but he already say can makan after the shoot T_T

*homer simpson mode still on*...jumbo chicken pie...milkshake...craving for food now...mmm.. drooll

Stereobox said:
but he already say can makan after the shoot T_T

*homer simpson mode still on*...jumbo chicken pie...milkshake...craving for food now...mmm.. drooll
come on, you should know how the way we treat the food for the shoot..

catchlights said:
Huh?

I agree, but usually after I finish the assignment, I will ask the chef to prepare another dish just for me to enjoy after the shoot :bsmilie:

Anyway, I hope the thread starter dont misuse the word TFCD, this is not fair to the photographer when the photo going to be used for commerical purpose, otherwise, it is no different from those companies who ask for free photographers to cover their events, in exchange for a meal.

Check out the definition of TFCD here.

IMO, TFCD should be fair to both parties, the photographer should not sell the photo to someone else, but when you use the photo for commerical purpose, are you going to compensate the photographer and give him a cut from the profit?

Splutter said:
I'm actually pretty interested. And I stay in Clementi, haha. If necessary I can bring my strobes down. I'm only free on weekends though.

me also interested leh... sound like damn fun...

but den can promise that you dun copy my idea & also cannot use my pics in your menu, if u put, please gimme some credits, by putting my nick big big? :bsmilie:

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
me also interested leh... sound like damn fun...

but den can promise that you dun copy my idea & also cannot use my pics in your menu, if u put, please gimme some credits, by putting my nick big big? :bsmilie:

heehee.. maybe you can give the fotog whose pic you use a 50% discount card for 1 year? ;)

So how ah? What's the conclusion?:think:

Hobbesyeo said:
heehee.. maybe you can give the fotog whose pic you use a 50% discount card for 1 year? ;)

So how ah? What's the conclusion?:think:

den i lugi more... cos i have to go there eat more... damn bo hua... maybe free food for 1 year maybe still ok, den i go move my office near to the restaurant... breakfast, lunch & dinner gao dim liao... :bsmilie:

i dun mind helping to shoot too, but i'm still a very amateur photographer. really newbie. no try out food photography before yet. can i take too?

Wai said:
I agree, but usually after I finish the assignment, I will ask the chef to prepare another dish just for me to enjoy after the shoot :bsmilie:

Anyway, I hope the thread starter dont misuse the word TFCD, this is not fair to the photographer when the photo going to be used for commerical purpose, otherwise, it is no different from those companies who ask for free photographers to cover their events, in exchange for a meal.

Check out the definition of TFCD here.

IMO, TFCD should be fair to both parties, the photographer should not sell the photo to someone else, but when you use the photo for commerical purpose, are you going to compensate the photographer and give him a cut from the profit?
if I read correctly, she is redo the manual for a cafe run by her family, she is asking for assistance, lots of CSers will willing to help, but in a form of TFCD will be less appropriate, so if the photographer is going to shoot for food or credit just let them go and work it out.

Hi mintae,

For food photography, all you need is someone experience with studio lighting and someone good in food styling, the food to prepare for photography sometime is uncooked or half cooked, so it will look flesh in photos, and need to apply oil is certain area to make it look juicy. and you also need lot of sandwitches just to choose one for it prefect shape, How about check out some food photography books in National Library first before the shoot?

Hope this help

;)
now even food/menu shot can go for TFCD, so next time no more jobs for the pros already.

soon, there'll be someone coming in and do a "my jewellery/accessories shop is opening soon, no budget to hire photographer and looking for ppl to widen their portfolio to help out to shoot for free"

anyway, i would prefer to call it Barter Trade.

Then again, it's a free society. Everyone is entitled to do whatever they want.

projekts said:
;)
now even food/menu shot can go for TFCD, so next time no more jobs for the pros already.

soon, there'll be someone coming in and do a "my jewellery/accessories shop is opening soon, no budget to hire photographer and looking for ppl to widen their portfolio to help out to shoot for free"

anyway, i would prefer to call it Barter Trade.

Then again, it's a free society. Everyone is entitled to do whatever they want.

this word portfolio... is really a trigger point in the world of photography... to lure any ppl into the trap... just say this keyword... and it shall be done...

anyway, i think, if just for sharing of interest in product shoot is ok, but dun copy idea blindly... u are just cheating yourself if you say that its for portfolio and end up using other ppl's idea as your work.

it takes 2 hands to clap.
sometime creating portfolio come from copying others work, which you can slowly murture it to your own style.

Let's not OT too much, let the thread starter continue the quest for the best free food photographer
;)

catchlights said:
Hi mintae,

For food photography, all you need is someone experience with studio lighting and someone good in food styling, the food to prepare for photography sometime is uncooked or half cooked, so it will look flesh in photos, and need to apply oil is certain area to make it look juicy. and you also need lot of sandwitches just to choose one for it prefect shape, How about check out some food photography books in National Library first before the shoot?

Hope this help

I'd suggest borrow receipe books with really good pictures and learn from there. Food photography books usually gives more technical aspect than aesthetic aspect, the latter is more important in my opinion.

projekts said:
'quest for the best free food photographer'

:bsmilie: :bsmilie:

behyx said:
I'd suggest borrow receipe books with really good pictures and learn from there. Food photography books usually gives more technical aspect than aesthetic aspect, the latter is more important in my opinion.
If given a person a nicely capture image and he or she don't know how the photographer do it or what kind of things is that, let along do you think can he or she can duplicate or reproduce it?

Understand of the technical aspect is the foundation of all type of photography, especially in term of commercial photography.

catchlights said:
If given a person a nicely capture image and he or she don't know how the photographer do it or what kind of things is that, let along do you think can he or she can duplicate or reproduce it?

Understand of the technical aspect is the foundation of all type of photography, especially in term of commercial photography.

else everybody tan bo jiak liao... ;p

omg. hahaha. =D

eh. i will like to clarify that im not seeking super professional pictures or of that sort, just thought that since i will be preparing the dishes to shoot a few pictures for myself, might as well ask interested clubsnappers and end up if they got nice ones, then perhaps i can be allowed their use. and especially if i get to learn something from you. :p

The Cafe is along Sunset Way. Its a small neighbourhood Cafe. if you are in that area, maybe you could pop by to see the menu, though im not usually there cause im holding another vacation job now in addition to that.

As a treat, i'll make Oreo cheesecake and maybe Nutella cheesecake. =)

if i can i'll try to bring maybe an array of food colourings and mix a few shades on the spot.
and a few mirrors of diff shapes and sizes if i can find. lol do bring the strobes!
and thanks for the suggestion about me going to read up on it, i'll definately do it.

do you think doing it at 5pm on a sunday evening would be good? if nobody is bringing lightings then its quite impossible. =S hmmm.

i'll pm you. =) hopefully keep it to 5-6people. or if you are capable of bringing your own lighting, then can form another team. =) would be quite an amusing sight though. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.