TFCD: Photographers needed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys guys... you scared her/him away liao... first post in CS and already kena so many ... :sweat:

Maybe nana can just post some of hers/his photos for photogs to see and decide whether or not he/she wants to shoot you. :) I'm also looking for TFCD chances. ;)

In all probability a young person.

And I thought CS is a friendly place for people to come to?

Such sarcasm!

Such animosity!

Freedom to slam and say anything without thought for context and consequences?

Bah! What F*****G nonsense! (to borrow an adjective some people like to use)

Isn't it just sufficient to give some advise for the threadstarter instead of making her feel so unwanted?

Matured people here? Or physically grown up with kids' mentality?

student said:
In all probability a young person.

And I thought CS is a friendly place for people to come to?

Such sarcasm!

Such animosity!

Freedom to slam and say anything without thought for context and consequences?

Bah! What F*****G nonsense! (to borrow an adjective some people like to use)

Isn't it just sufficient to give some advise for the threadstarter instead of making her feel so unwanted?

CS WAS a friendly place for people to come to. It had degraded to be a place to get Cheap / Free photographers. It has since degenerated to be a place where Opportunist comes in to exploit photographers.

Even though 24 years old is young, It is not that young. By this age, one should be matured enough to be able to put herself on the other party's shoes. If she can't really get it, then sarcasm might be the only way to drill it into her head.

Maybe most of us is a bit harsh, but then it does boil the blood when you see such arrogant message which literally translate to :

"
Hi there,

I want to build up my portfolio, but I do not want to pay. Thus I am providing my precious time for photographers to take me for free. You will need to have the standard of a renowned photographer with lots of good portfolio to be able to take pictures of me, no newbies or photograhers wannabe, only good photographers with the standards of professionals. You will need to send me links to the photographs you had taken and only if I feel you can reach the standard of a photographer that can charge thousands of dollar to make portfolio, I will then bestow you with my picture and give you a chance of a lifetime for you to pay to take pictures of me and give me what you had taken.

So Email me your name and your nickname in CS and a URL to your portfolio so I may choose.

Thank you for reading.
"

Maybe she would like to take note that photographers with very good portfolios will not need to take TFCD.

TFCD should be beneficial to both the Model and the Photographer and not only to one end.

P.S.

How would it feel for a doctor to have received such an email

"Hi there,

I would like to get a tumour removed from my body for free. Do drop me a mail if you're interested.

Please also include these in the email:
(1) Name and your SMA reference number
(2) Your titles, your awards, your designation and copies of the records of your success in removing tumours, or medical records of your patients.

I will send you my medical history if you are selected to remove my tumour for free. Thank you for reading.

my email is : xxx@xxx.com.sg
"

No matter how young the sender are, chances are any doctor will have "go to ****" comes to mind first.

blurblock said:
CS WAS a friendly place for people to come to. It had degraded to be a place to get Cheap / Free photographers. It has since degenerated to be a place where Opportunist comes in to exploit photographers.

Even though 24 years old is young, It is not that young. By this age, one should be matured enough to be able to put herself on the other party's shoes. If she can't really get it, then sarcasm might be the only way to drill it into her head.

Maybe most of us is a bit harsh, but then it does boil the blood when you see such arrogant message which literally translate to :

"
Hi there,

I want to build up my portfolio, but I do not want to pay. Thus I am providing my precious time for photographers to take me for free. You will need to have the standard of a renowned photographer with lots of good portfolio to be able to take pictures of me, no newbies or photograhers wannabe, only good photographers with the standards of professionals. You will need to send me links to the photographs you had taken and only if I feel you can reach the standard of a photographer that can charge thousands of dollar to make portfolio, I will then bestow you with my picture and give you a chance of a lifetime for you to pay to take pictures of me and give me what you had taken.

So Email me your name and your nickname in CS and a URL to your portfolio so I may choose.

Thank you for reading.
"

Maybe she would like to take note that photographers with very good portfolios will not need to take TFCD.

TFCD should be beneficial to both the Model and the Photographer and not only to one end.

P.S.

How would it feel for a doctor to have received such an email

"Hi there,

I would like to get a tumour removed from my body for free. Do drop me a mail if you're interested.

Please also include these in the email:
(1) Name
(2) Your titles, your awards, your designation and copies of the records of your success in removing tumours, or medical records of your patients.

I will send you my medical history if you are selected to remove my tumour for free. Thank you for reading.

my email is : xxx@xxx.com.sg
"

Chances are "go to ****" comes first to mind.

come on lah...that's not really a fair comparison is it? :)

a doctor will never pay to remove someone's tumour, while a photographer in CS will sometimes pay to shoot a pretty model.

put yourself in nana's shoes, don't you want to be photographed by the best photographers? of course you would. she didn't say you must be a pro who usually charges thousands of dollars for a shoot. but guess what, some of these pros might even do a TFCD for her, IF she is a beautiful model.

as i've said b4, you could be selected to shoot nana, and still back out if you think nana looks like a dog (after seeing her pic). but pls be gracious enough to accept rejection should you be not selected to shoot her in the first place. selection is a two way process, albeit with the cards in nana's favour (think supply and demand: e.g. the "bachelorette")

:bsmilie:

catchlights said:
Not sure am I up to standard to offer her a TFCD or not? :dunno:
Go for it, I'll assist ya!

student said:

Such sarcasm! :bsmilie:

Such animosity! :bsmilie:

Saying people or saying yourself .... :think:

Actually you didn't get our message clearly .... most, if not all of the members here WELCOME anyone to enjoy the facilities (models, photographers, equipments, ideas, knowledge) but when you want something for free, at least say "please". It's just like one goes to a Model Forum and ask for model portfolios and then one decides which model one is interested, and then he will submit his portfolio to the one he decides. Unless he is a famous photographer, you think the models will respect him, being unknown to them. So posting a simple photo of herself, i think it's not asking too much, or is it? :sweat:
say "please" = not juz a mouth movement but thru an sincere act (like posting an image/snapshot in this instance).

Canonised said:
Such sarcasm! :bsmilie:

Such animosity! :bsmilie:

Saying people or saying yourself .... :think:

Actually you didn't get our message clearly .... most, if not all of the members here WELCOME anyone to enjoy the facilities (models, photographers, equipments, ideas, knowledge) but when you want something for free, at least say "please". It's just like one goes to a Model Forum and ask for model portfolios and then one decides which model one is interested, and then he will submit his portfolio to the one he decides. Unless he is a famous photographer, you think the models will respect him, being unknown to them. So posting a simple photo of herself, i think it's not asking too much, or is it? :sweat:

I have absolutely no qualms giving a piece of my mind in unadulterated language to those who do not deserve courtesy. Freedom of expression in absolute directness and harshness with no sugar coating.

Do not give yourself too much credit, young man.

This is not an issue of whether this TS approached this issue of TFCD in the right manner. She could have asked for things in a better way. Absolutely!

But for one whose post is the first one, I give her the benefit of the doubt that she is new to the business.

All I am saying is that she does not deserve such sarcasm and animosity from you wonderful and gracious guys here.

And I do not care a damn S**T whether my comments can be applied to myself. But they certainly will apply to you.

If you need help then don't be so picky. The fact that photographers pay for shoots is that they know who is the model and to them, it is worth the time and money, if not for the personal satisfaction.

By the way it was put by the requester, it seems that she is Demanding a free service and we are all hungry people for shoots. I love taking photos especially free ones ;) , but I actually feels degraded as a photographer to have been treated this way.:bheart:

Beggers can't be choooosy

zaren said:
come on lah...that's not really a fair comparison is it? :)

a doctor will never pay to remove someone's tumour, while a photographer in CS will sometimes pay to shoot a pretty model.

put yourself in nana's shoes, don't you want to be photographed by the best photographers? of course you would. she didn't say you must be a pro who usually charges thousands of dollars for a shoot. but guess what, some of these pros might even do a TFCD for her, IF she is a beautiful model.

as i've said b4, you could be selected to shoot nana, and still back out if you think nana looks like a dog (after seeing her pic). but pls be gracious enough to accept rejection should you be not selected to shoot her in the first place. selection is a two way process, albeit with the cards in nana's favour (think supply and demand: e.g. the "bachelorette")

A doctor never pays to remove someone's tumour? You are wrong. Some doctors actually works based on the ethic code of medicine. There is a fedaration called doctors without borders. If you had read the papers, there are some doctors that actually pays for the patients' medicial fee, but only when the patients really needs it. But then, with such letters, chances are no one will be even doing it.

A photographer sometime pays to shoot a pretty model. True. Provided the model shows herself first. Why should the photographers be the ones that are to be picked when it is the model who did not show herself who wanted the pictures. Moreover, if Nana wanted to be shot by the best photographers and wanted to see their portfolio first, then pay for it.

If she does not want to pay for it, then she need to have something to attract the photographers first. Something that is so simple like a simple picture. But she failed even on that. On this stance, she is making photographers to be looking like beggers. Even though she is the one begging.

I had not "APPLY" to shoot for her. Thus there is no application to be rejected. You are right to say even professional will like to shoot for models if she has proved herself to be of an exceptional case where the photographer can enchance his/her already amazing portfolio. However, it is hardly the case here. No one knows if this girl can benefit both herself and the photographer at both ends. In this instance, she is the only one benefiting from it and in doing so, she tried to make the photographers looking like horny fools that will do anything just to get her picture.

"bachelorette"? The bachelorette showed her face and her assert to attract men. Do you think any man will join the bachelorette if the women did not show herself first? Even if the men join if the bachelorette is a mystery woman. If in the end the mystery woman turned out to be a ugly witch in disguse and not the originally thought of princess from heaven and the selected man rejected the woman, it would be the man who will be called an ass**** rather then the woman as he would be touted as shallow bast****. This is the basic courtesy Nana failed to show.

If I put myself in Nana shoes. Yes I would like to be photographed by the best available photographer. But then, I would do it in a way I would not be making the other party looks like a fool. If I think I am beautiful enough, I would put up my simple home picture first and having interested parties to send me their portfolio so I might choose. In this way, I preserved my own ego without hurting another parties' ego and integrity. Nana did not have the basic ethic to do simple thing like that. The way she phrased her letter rubs salt into open wounds. She made it sounds like the person who is going to provide her the service the one who is begging. Yes, she has boasted her ego but at the same time stepped and hammered the other parties' ego and integrity.

BTW, should you be the one who had been graced upon by her backed out of the deal because you realised she is not what you are looking for in the first place, you are the one without the integrity of not honouring your words to shoot her. You will be the one who is viewed as an ambsaces, not her. Either way, the photographer lose out.

So, basic courtesy here. She should show her cards (meaning her pictures) and had the selection be both ways. I am quite sure you would agree in this simple terms.

If you felt comparing this case between a photographer and a doctor is not sustainable. Maybe you can compare this case between a photographer and a rubbish collector where you will gracefully give the rubbish collector a chance to clean your rubbish bin for free and had the fedaration of rubbish collectors sending in their resume for you to choose. The effect is the same, across professions. No professions are too up and mighty or too low and dirty when it comes to this case.

whoa a TFCD request getting very heated... :thumbsup:

but i think she is trying to prevent unwanted attention from those who just wanna shoot a pretty lady only... or maybe she is playing hard to get by phasing her words in a way which make it sounds rude? it's 2 ways...

so in the end, the photographer him/herself have ask him/herself this question, WHAT is the real purpose for shooting her? :think: i think alot of pple have not thought of this question and answered it seriously... most would just think "wah! got TFCD model again! steady lah 24yrs old and 36(D)-25-35!!! i wanna shoot!"

well, it's jus my simple opinion.. ;)

zhang3feng said:
whoa a TFCD request getting very heated... :thumbsup:

but i think she is trying to prevent unwanted attention from those who just wanna shoot a pretty lady only... or maybe she is playing hard to get by phasing her words in a way which make it sounds rude? it's 2 ways...

so in the end, the photographer him/herself have ask him/herself this question, WHAT is the real purpose for shooting her? :think: i think alot of pple have not thought of this question and answered it seriously... most would just think "wah! got TFCD model again! steady lah 24yrs old and 36(D)-25-35!!! i wanna shoot!"

well, it's jus my simple opinion.. ;)

Prevent unwanted attention from those who just wanna shoot a pretty lady or playing hard to get? For god sake, she should be be one asking the question what is the real purpose for her own shoot.

Precisely the photographer had thought of what is the real purpose for shooting her thus all the hoohahs. Those photographers who just want to shoot just anthor TFCD model will not hesitate to send her what she wants, since for them it is just another plaything. The photographers who seriously want to enhance their own portfolio will feel repusive on her action, on the case of "What is it in for me? I would not know if I get a fair deal and I would appeared to be low down horny bast**** should I "Applied". It brings shame to the profession"

poor thing... to be fair, given she has not posted a reply, its hard to say whether she really is that arrogant, or whether it was merely a poor choice of words.

i must agree with DP though, that on first read, i thought it was quite an arrogant way to ask for TFCD..

i mean, if you are offering to pay for services, by all means you can be as arrogant and demanding as you want... but to me, TFCD is a quid pro quo arrangement..
model gets some free pics, and it allows photographers or even newbies to hone their skills..

blurblock said:
The photographers who seriously want to enhance their own portfolio will feel repusive on her action, on the case of "What is it in for me? I would not know if I get a fair deal and I would appeared to be low down horny bast**** should I "Applied". It brings shame to the profession"

wow...u really have a fertile imagination. how can expressing interest in shooting a TFCD possibly give u an "unfair deal" and make u "appear as a low down horny bast****"? i think u should lighten up lah.

Status
Not open for further replies.