TFCD: Photographers needed

Status
Not open for further replies.
warning: OT

reason: constructive opinion regarding thread like this one

purpose: to better regulate TFCD post before it gets out of hand...... will it?

1) a TFCD sub forum - better organise, avoid jam with other workshop/modelshoot threads

2) No picture no talk - provide an idea to fellow community photographers on what they're 'bidding for', no wasting time

3) Members - date joined or post count to be taken into consideration before allow to post TFCD so to prevent misue, avoid those came here because they heard stories from friends (there's a SALE going on somewhere)

4) Details - purposes, TFCD for portfolio, yes we know, but personal or professional.. compcard or a framed picture at home makes a different, mean to better respect the photographer

hope more suggestions can be brought out in the FAQs and Feedback forum...

sorry didnt mean to hijack the purpose of this thread but these thingy just came to my mind when i scroll down, and i think it's fair to bring them up.........

zhang3feng said:
"wah! got TFCD model again! steady lah 24yrs old and 36(D)-25-35!!! i wanna shoot!"

well, it's jus my simple opinion.. ;)

wah lao. the cup too big to be a 'normal' model. 36 - 25 - 35 considered out also. The standard waist for 'normal' model would be 23 and lesser or 24 the most. 36 and 35 too over already - if we are talking about 'normal' model.

24 is already 'danger' period for model anyway.

AngelZhou said:
wah lao. the cup too big to be a 'normal' model. 36 - 25 - 35 considered out also. The standard waist for 'normal' model would be 23 and lesser or 24 the most. 36 and 35 too over already - if we are talking about 'normal' model.

24 is already 'danger' period for model anyway.

Thats why she need to go through the photographers profile. to filter out the DOM. Give this newbie a break lah. She didnt force anyone to do TFCD for her. if anyone here wants to take/give the offer let him/her decide lor.

Imagine arrangements made for the shoot.

Model: Please come to Pasir Ris to pick me up at 3pm to go to Fort Canning.
Photog arrived at 2.55 and called her. "Please wait for me for a little while, like 10 -15 minutes"
Photog waited for a full 39minutes and fumming, and wanting to find a toilet and model still keeps him waiting.....

Model got no idea of what's to be expected, what is good and so forth. Photog is almost loosing his cool, almost wanted to walk off liao......

Well, who is the boss, or is it a casual relationship based on mutual respect and having the understanding that both parties benefit from it.

Woah, im SHOCKED!

Well first and foremost, I must do apologize if anyone thought I was arrogant. I guess it was my choice of words and how it was phrased. But it is hilarious to read comments about me that were built up on pure assumptions.

But for those who posted malicious comments about me, all I can say is that. THANK YOU. It says so much about you.

Those are really my vital stats and I posted that for fun. And I must say that I have received plenty of email response. It could be due to my stats that it was sent, but hey I didn’t say that I am DROP DEAD GEORGOUS.

As for being a freelance model, even posing for a tvc is also considered freelance modeling. I didn’t say that I am a runway model or a hot babe. I just would like to build my portfolio.

For those who sent me emails and who were genuine. Thank you and I would try to reply to them soon. I am busy with work at the moment.

Cheers

student said:
Do not give yourself too much credit, young man. (????? Got meh? haha ... me young man???)

All I am saying is that she does not deserve such sarcasm and animosity from you wonderful and gracious guys here. (wonderful & gracious ppl can give sarcasm and animosity statements meh?)

But they certainly will apply to you.(me again?.... why?why? because i response?)
There are four things I learned about you :
1. You are highly educated, successful, and intelligent, :thumbsup:
2. You are definately an old man, with due respect, - everyone to you is young ..... :bsmilie:
3. you are ok when you term ppl, but not ok when you are answered .... typically of those old folks i love ...
4. You MUST have the final say

smallaperture said:
Imagine arrangements made for the shoot.

Model: Please come to Pasir Ris to pick me up at 3pm to go to Fort Canning.
Photog arrived at 2.55 and called her. "Please wait for me for a little while, like 10 -15 minutes"
Photog waited for a full 39minutes and fumming, and wanting to find a toilet and model still keeps him waiting.....

Model got no idea of what's to be expected, what is good and so forth. Photog is almost loosing his cool, almost wanted to walk off liao......

Well, who is the boss, or is it a casual relationship based on mutual respect and having the understanding that both parties benefit from it.

what if the reverse happened?
e.g.
Model: Please come to pick me up at 3pm
Photog arrived at 3.40pm, model waited a full 40 minutes and is upset at the photog's lack of punctuality.
After the shoot, the photog keeps on delaying giving the model the CD with the photos, despite her calling him every other day to request him for it.
Well, who's the boss in this alternative scenario then?

don't be so quick to judge others and to assume the worst of that person. mutual respect cuts both ways, and it's not always a bad idea to give someone the benefit of the doubt first, so that both parties can start off on the right foot.

:)

nana1807 said:
Woah, im SHOCKED!

Nana dont be shocked! .. Actually the people here are nice - friendly, jovial and helpful... i am sure there are more than enough brothers here who can help you build up your portfolio without much problems, esp if it is a TFCD.
I am sure with a simple snapshot of you attached in your request would have help a lot. Get to know us by coming here more often and very soon you will have lots of fun with us..... :angel:

Can never understand the level of suspicion and distrust in this forum, and perhaps in this country as a whole.

Just because someone wants to play it the other way (ie ask photogs to show their images first instead of the TFCD person show her pix first), a whole heated argument about her intentions, qualifications and motives arises.

Imagine what is asked for-- please send a link to your portfolio, and if she likes your work, the model will send you her pix to see if you want to shoot her. What's so difficult or terrifying or unfair or dishonest or arrogant about that? Are you being asked to send money to her in exchange for her picture? How many mins does it take to mail one URL link to your portfolio?

Don't like, don't send lor, what's the big deal?

zaren said:
wow...u really have a fertile imagination. how can expressing interest in shooting a TFCD possibly give u an "unfair deal" and make u "appear as a low down horny bast****"? i think u should lighten up lah.

:bsmilie:

Lightening up is one think, a serious thought is another. While I do feel it is good to lightening up but to be taken advantage of is another.

Why not? I had explained it perfectly in my previous thread, read it and you will understand. TFCD supposed to be benefical to both ends of the deal, not only one end.

waileong said:
Can never understand the level of suspicion and distrust in this forum, and perhaps in this country as a whole.

Just because someone wants to play it the other way (ie ask photogs to show their images first instead of the TFCD person show her pix first), a whole heated argument about her intentions, qualifications and motives arises.

Imagine what is asked for-- please send a link to your portfolio, and if she likes your work, the model will send you her pix to see if you want to shoot her. What's so difficult or terrifying or unfair or dishonest or arrogant about that? Are you being asked to send money to her in exchange for her picture? How many mins does it take to mail one URL link to your portfolio?

Don't like, don't send lor, what's the big deal?

I think the idea is not about suspicion an distrust but the arrogrance of the thread starter.

blurblock said:
I think the idea is not about suspicion an distrust but the arrogrance of the thread starter.

you know what? just stop right here. let the rest of the posts be relevant, i.e. for interested parties to step forward. Even if you guys wanna raise your unhappiness due to her improper words used, 2+pages full of thread is more than enough yeah?

not pin-pointing anyone, or have a hidden meaning.. but yah.. let her breathe. everyone, breathe too!.

Think again. Give benefit of doubt if possible. Just because people want to play the game another way does not mean one is arrogant. It could be simply one does not know the market convention.

blurblock said:

suggest tread starter close this tread and start a new one. (this time with proper words) It getting so hot here.

Lets get the issue over and move on. Have peace not war.

Not so easy. If you don't deal with the issue, it will come back again.

In other words, if she start new thread, guess what, the same people will go to the new thread and flame her for being arrogant.

So how many threads should she close and restart?

There's only two ways to deal with the issue:

a. She change her approach (ie she post her pix and ask people if they want to TFCD); or

b. The people who like to flame her change their attitude toward her.

Of course, she can abandon CS together, having seen the way some people react to her, but that's avoiding the issue altogether.

DeSwitch said:
suggest tread starter close this tread and start a new one. (this time with proper words) It getting so hot here.

Lets get the issue over and move on. Have peace not war.

no matter how much we discuss, there will still be others who have already emailed her and offered to shoot.

shoot nature, macros and landscapes! :) no problems

I believe that the problem here is the tone of the first post. While some may see it as a good chance, others may see it as downright exploitation. One man's meat is another man's poison.

Honestly, in a TFCD i tink it has to work two ways, we cant juz let people come in here and demand to see portfolios and then choose who he/she likes best. Just because this is a photographic forum, all the more photographer's should have the right to choose.

I think we really have to be fair to both the photographers and the models. I reckon we can be pretty realistic here and i do apologise should anyone find my comments too harsh.

First of, whatever the tone of her post, if you, as the reader find it offensive, then please, either PM her to clarify OR ignore it and move on. I do not see the need to wave your hands in the air and overreact.

If you do not already like the model's attitude in the first place, i reckon there is little or no chance of developing enough chemistry to do a shoot proper (although i am sure some would disagree).

Ultimately, it takes both parties to agree to this shoot and if you do not like what you see, or in this case, perceive, then let it be. There is no need for anyone to occupy the moral high ground and harshly judge a new member who probably needs some help.

Respect goes both ways but it would also mean that we learn restraint as well.

As it is, i think there is sufficient OT already. I would appreciate it if we let this thread take its due course without any other further OT/malicious comments.

Thank you.

I think enough has been said about this and I believe the thread starter has got the message loud and clear from those who felt her initial post is of an inappropriate tone.

Since the thread starter has not intended to conduct the business of photographer in this thread but through email instead, I hereby close this thread to cool the matter.

Thanks!

- Roy

Status
Not open for further replies.