Tamron AF 18-270mm f/3.5-6.3 Di II VC LD Aspherical Field Test

Some Newbie Random Shots based on this lens and resize.

IMG_0973.jpg

IMG_0981.jpg

Small kid playing with water...
IMG_1175.jpg

IMG_1181.jpg

Enjoy.. pardon me if not good, will try to improve.

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing the photos, seems like a decent lens that can deliver some nice photos.
Very interested now, but still holding on til later....:cool:

I have just bought this lens in London on a visit...399 sterling pounds with 40 pounds back on leaving the country.....359....apprx 750 sgd.....well worth it....took loads of shots with it.....now have a 55-200 nikon lens for sale though!

Seems that this lens is cheaper overseas. I bought mine from amazon US for US$502(after rebate ~ S$680) and helped my friend bought in Hong Kong for HK$4150(~S$710).... How come SG still so ex??(S$930)

Singapore's prices ok...the last I checked was S$659.54 nett nett (pay by cash) at DD Electronics which I always get my lenses from...:angel: The guarantee rest with DD Electronics.

This lens is good for general purposes and if you are not extremely particular (I mean real extreme pixel peeper) about image quality. There are many photographers out there who are super fussy over each image quality and this lens will not get an ok from them...

If you are new to photography, want the convenience of a single lens with enormous range and limited budget, go for it.

Last edited:
Singapore's prices ok...the last I checked was S$659.54 nett nett (pay by cash) at DD Electronics which I always get my lenses from...:angel: The guarantee rest with DD Electronics.

This lens is good for general purposes and if you are not extremely particular (I mean real extreme pixel peeper) about image quality. There are many photographers out there who are super fussy over each image quality and this lens will not get an ok from them...

If you are new to photography, want the convenience of a single lens with enormous range and limited budget, go for it.

DD elect only warrant parts for a year... take note... no cleaning or alignment etc...
i once sent in a tamron local set to JEL for caliberation (180mm macro), and it took 1 month plus... god knows how long it will take for DD to repair a faulty lens... anyway, it is quite a good lens.. :).... and of cos the px.... :thumbsup:
sharing a few more pics...

IMG_0318.jpg

IMG_0324.jpg

both shot at full zoom...

Hmmm..... I don't know about DD but the latest quote my friend got from Cathay photo is $800++... But yeah... This tammy rocks!!!! I am really very happy and satisfied with the results it produces... Especially during low light conditions @ concerts - surprisingly not too bad.. AF speed also not that "slow"....

I got nothing to say about it's sharpness..
Taken manual mode ISO400 1/60secs F6.3 Max zoom 270mm.
I was seated at row 10 right at the corner of the stage...

5093570866_9bb21c8748_b.jpg

5093577362_921342bd76_z.jpg

more photos here if anyone interested...

Hmmm..... I don't know about DD but the latest quote my friend got from Cathay photo is $800++... But yeah... This tammy rocks!!!! I am really very happy and satisfied with the results it produces... Especially during low light conditions @ concerts - surprisingly not too bad.. AF speed also not that "slow"....

I got nothing to say about it's sharpness..
Taken manual mode ISO400 1/60secs F6.3 Max zoom 270mm.
I was seated at row 10 right at the corner of the stage...

5093570866_9bb21c8748_b.jpg

5093577362_921342bd76_z.jpg

more photos here if anyone interested...

great shots... :thumbsup:
agree.. this lens for its px... rocks... its VC is exceptional...

Hi everybody,

Why all the pics here are downsized (not 100% crop) and people still says the pics are sharp? even PnS and kit lens are sharp when scaled down from 10MP to 1mp!

Hi everybody,

Why all the pics here are downsized (not 100% crop) and people still says the pics are sharp? even PnS and kit lens are sharp when scaled down from 10MP to 1mp!
because, not all of us are pixel pervs. as long as the pictures appear reasonably sharp at common print sizes, i THINK we are okay with it.

you may choose to disagree with me though.

cheers mate! :)

Just got my Tammy 18-270 back from JEL... second time it is in for repair due to "F--".

I asked the guy "so what was the problem?"

He said "it is the contact... the contacts are spring loaded, and some of the springs were spoilt."

I asked "So what can I do to prevent it?"

He replied "try not to change lens."

I snapped "Then what's the point of having a DSLR if I am not suppose to change lenses?"

He said "Errr.... for this lens, that's what I can advice you."

Gosh! Thats a lame answer from the service person... These workers really tarnishing their company's brand from the way they speak...

Just got my Tammy 18-270 back from JEL... second time it is in for repair due to "F--".

I asked the guy "so what was the problem?"

He said "it is the contact... the contacts are spring loaded, and some of the springs were spoilt."

I asked "So what can I do to prevent it?"

He replied "try not to change lens."

I snapped "Then what's the point of having a DSLR if I am not suppose to change lenses?"

He said "Errr.... for this lens, that's what I can advice you."

Can't it be fixed? seems like a contact error...

For buyers who chose this lens aren't expected to change lens that often because it is an all-in-one zoom.

If you are into changing lenses, you are probably very particular about image quality more than anything else and this lens wouldn't be in your bag in the first place.

Can't it be fixed? seems like a contact error...

They did fix it by changing the contacts. They did the same replacement the first time I brought it in in April. They now had to replace it again in Oct. Mind you, I only snap during weekends and I don't consider myself a particularly heavy user.

For buyers who chose this lens aren't expected to change lens that often because it is an all-in-one zoom.

If you are into changing lenses, you are probably very particular about image quality more than anything else and this lens wouldn't be in your bag in the first place.

If I am not into changing lenses and image quality, I would have stuck to my idiot point and shoot. Why bother? As the photos posted here shows, this lens actually delivers decent IQ. I am happy with it. Just that the electrical contact issue is freaking me out.

PS: I usually switch lens when I need to go for big-aperture-high-ISO shoots indoor etc. - in which case I whip out my 35mm f1.8 DX or the 50mm f1.8. Neither of which are super expensive, or pro-quality.

If I am not into changing lenses and image quality, I would have stuck to my idiot point and shoot. Why bother? As the photos posted here shows, this lens actually delivers decent IQ. I am happy with it. Just that the electrical contact issue is freaking me out.

PS: I usually switch lens when I need to go for big-aperture-high-ISO shoots indoor etc. - in which case I whip out my 35mm f1.8 DX or the 50mm f1.8. Neither of which are super expensive, or pro-quality.

hmm... Uncle Fai.... did you ask the tech person is it a common problem??.... cos prior to me getting this lens I did research extensively but did not come across the problem you are facing right now...

Hi everybody,

we are not printing posters bro... try comparing your pns iso 1600 with your 550Ds'?... then you will know why we dont use a pns....