Tamron 150-600mm F5-6.3 ultra-telephoto zoom

@ Stormy08, you can rent lens for airshow for 1-2 days and then purchase Tamron later once you are satisfied with reviews?
@ weixing, 7D will not do autofocus for 5.6+1.2TC combo (if i am not wrong) and no IS on top of that.

Hi,
@ weixing, 7D will not do autofocus for 5.6+1.2TC combo (if i am not wrong) and no IS on top of that.
I'm not using 7D... I'm using 6D. With 6D, the Canon 400mm F5.6L can AF very reliably with the blue dot kenko Teleplus Pro 300 1.4x TC, so I already had a 560mm F8.0 with AF... that's why I'm wondering is it worth getting the Tamron... the zoom can be quite useful when taking some video of birds. So the advantage of the Tamron over my current setup on paper: IS, 2/3 stop faster and zoom.

Have a nice day.

Hi,

I'm not using 7D... I'm using 6D. With 6D, the Canon 400mm F5.6L can AF very reliably with the blue dot kenko Teleplus Pro 300 1.4x TC, so I already had a 560mm F8.0 with AF... that's why I'm wondering is it worth getting the Tamron... the zoom can be quite useful when taking some video of birds. So the advantage of the Tamron over my current setup on paper: IS, 2/3 stop faster and zoom.

Have a nice day.
ok, anyway time will tell. We don't have really many reviews on hand yet. As i don't own any tele at this moment so will get this, it could be good for small birds.

Review

A Hot lens was appear and talked too much these days , the Tamron SP 150-600mm F/5-6.3 Di VC USD .
It still not appear on market and everyone lacking of review on internet .
Thank you Tamron HK borrow us this lens for review . I write a chinese review and contact canonwatch if they also
interested it , then i made this english version, sorry for bad english =] ...

http://it.wyswig.com/2014/01/02/review-tamron-sp-150-600mm-f5-6-3-di-vc-usd-english-review/

DSC00426.jpg

Heh I read that review too. Quite interesting, especially the part about the IQ at 600mm, even if I had to re-read certain sentences to make sure I got the meaning right.

Looks very impressive especially at that price range.

those holidaying in HK
could get it for S$1400

Wonder how much it will cost in Singapore. Initial feedback is quite encouraging! Good price and quality balance.

How much discount can the retail shop give for tamron lens? Check with GSH and they said the RRP is $2864 which i thought is very high.

How much discount can the retail shop give for tamron lens? Check with GSH and they said the RRP is $2864 which i thought is very high.

The RRP for the Tamron 150-600 is S$2,864?!

The RRP for the Tamron 150-600 is S$2,864?!
Yah. I emailed singapore distributor GSH, they said Canon mount will be available end of Jan and RRP is $2,864. I was stunned as well.

Gotta be kidding.... It's us$1,070 thereabouts!

Yah. I emailed singapore distributor GSH, they said Canon mount will be available end of Jan and RRP is $2,864. I was stunned as well.

Crazy singapore . haha

I did msg Tamron Singapore Facebook, which they said price will be below SGD 1800. Well, it's cheaper than RRP, but still expensive.

I dont mind something closer to SGD1,800 for the warranty. Bringing it in from the US would be about SGD1,500 already anw.. But 2,800 is ridiculous.

Ephotozine just posted a review of this lens. So far so good! Sharp between f8-11.

May not be weather resistant though.

With such a review it's going to be very hard to resist.

In dd electronics Sg the price of this lens in 1499$ only

Honestly I dont trust retailers such as DD Electronics and Techno Gadgets.. Too many stories of delays and difficulties just to save a few dollars if there are any savings at all. Getting it from the States yourself would put the cost at S$1,499 thereabouts too.