TalkingCock - Philip Yeo Sparks Surge in Sex Change Operations and Emigration

Status
Not open for further replies.
i believe Mr Yeo said

" with a degree, you can only wash test tubes"

Of course, he didn't literally meant the act of washing test tubes. Its a figurative that a Masters or a bachelor can only do lower level work.
and er, frankly, i do have to agree with him. Even some Phds can't wash test tubes.

Life sci is another bubble that can burst. Right now, there are not that many life sci companies in singapore that can take in the large number of grads that are area comming out.

My prof did let me in that NUS had played host to quite a quite a large number of such health sciences related companies in the past few years. He predicted that five years down the road, it will be a rather viable career option.

I believe him

jodie_tan said:
Sometimes...its bcause of the entrance grade problem...u dun mit the grade, sorry i won't accept you, though ur inclined in this aspect. The Eng and IT courses in the polys r the easiest to enter.All you need is a max of 26 pts and you are in!

actually the easiest to get in still is a science course... NURSING... ;p

hongsien said:
I don't know about other foreigners working here.....I can only give you glims of a scientist point of view who worked inSG before........now I am trying to start a photography career :).

Now that's a fast route to fame, fortune and gorgoeus models.

New York awaits you.

:sweatsm:

Sion said:
Now that's a fast route to fame, fortune and gorgoeus models.

New York awaits you.

:sweatsm:
Nah! I wouldn't survive in NY, anyway my gorgeous models are non moving subjects.........buildings.........

The art scene sometimes is too much pretentious too, almost anywhere......I was in Beijing at an art place, quite interesting, not that pretentious (yet).....they are trying to survive and have a great love for art!

Hong Sien

Status
Not open for further replies.