super panaromic shot of orchard rd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi I'm only a beginner and using Nikon F501. I do have a 50mm lens. Can I still join u guys? Also the date has not been set yet right? :)

Why dont we ask the mods to make this a CS wide event? Then we can get people who act as markers and people as the firers

:thumbsup: Interesting, now how are we going to go for toilet breaks & food breaks ;p

As this is a hugh task, requiring lots of camera and photogs. I will need to plan it out carefully. This is an idea that I want to share with all and it is a priliminary plan.

Alot will depend on the no. of photog we can relly and the duration of 6 - 9hr may be too long. I am open to suggestion. With all consideration in, we will then decide on the dates.

This may be too much to ask for, but really wish the moderator can stand up and form the managing committee together me and my friends.

Wow! Sounds like a grand effort!!! It might just work!
Unfortunately, I only have digital.

Dennis, mind if we start a digital effort one as well? I think quite a few here might not own film cams. :D

Good effort! :thumbsup:

denniskee said:
As this is a hugh task, requiring lots of camera and photogs. I will need to plan it out carefully. This is an idea that I want to share with all and it is a priliminary plan.

Alot will depend on the no. of photog we can relly and the duration of 6 - 9hr may be too long. I am open to suggestion. With all consideration in, we will then decide on the dates.

This may be too much to ask for, but really wish the moderator can stand up and form the managing committee together me and my friends.

One suggestion is for each photog to check his 2 adjacent's photog setting and framing. And the que would be for the photog to shoot right after the one on his left has fired. That would take care of the timing. You just have to que the 1st guy to fire and the rest will know what to do. :D

Wow, the end result would be a really super mega pixel picture... wonder if any printers would wanna sponser a print! ;)

Please count me in! I cannot make it for trial shoot this sat as I've got a shoot to do. If the actual date is set earlier, I'll make arrangement to make sure I'm there :)

I don't have film camera, so I can't help you there, but I want to offer my help as either shooter or marker since it will definitely requires lots of photog/helper to get this up. I still a beginner, but I guess even as as shooter, just press shutter shouldn't be too difficult :D

May I suggest that we do this somewhere in Dec since we will then be able to capture the Christmas decoration along Orchard Rd. That is if Dec is not too long a wait. 9 hours starting from 12pm we will be able to get the night scene as well.

If we get enough people, we can take shift, but this requires major coordination.

Just thought of another idea. If this is going to be a big event, maybe can get some company (Canon/Nikon/Epson/whatever) to sponsor. Maybe even STB will be interested. The downside is that with too much sponsor, we have to entertain the request from the sponsor.

Just a thought. What d you think? :(

Very interesting idea. Would consider joining ...but need to see the date.

sound interesting..keep update on the date n time n details can? i have a canon eos30 and the 50mm f1.8. if lucky, i can borrow another 50mm f1.8 and ask my gf to join also with her eos5.

keithjhee
SMS only: 96960339

Hi,
Count me in! I have a Nikon FM2 with 50mm 1.4 lens that'll do the job. Really curious to see the final result as I'm really not sure how the pictures will turn out after stitching multiple slide shots taken by different cameras.

Great news from Adam, thanks man, really need help in pulling this stunt.

1st I would like to rope in the help of Mod. Darren (admin), is there a better to create a list for all to register/sign up? Thanks.

To clearify some quries raised :

1) Time had not been set, will have to wait till the list of participant is out by the end of oct.

2) As per explain, reason for not choosing digital camera is to keep the baseline straight as much as possible, this will help to reduce the post process work load.

3) This is a group effort, everyone has the right to oppose any bounderies setted. But IMO, to keep things simple, managing committee (I will call this group "board of directors) will have the final say in certain critical issue (not known at this point of time).

4) The invitation is open to all, with or without camera. Understand that beside setting camera (I will call this task force "cam setter"), there are still alot to do as with all big event. Those without camera (eg friends and relatives of the camera owner) can join in as a back up to press the shuttle button, incase the camera owner needs to attend to something urgent (I will call this group "backup photog"). Others can help out in administrations (I will call this group "admin staff").

Note that I am making up the plan as we go. So there will be changes. I hope to form the "board of directors" ASAP. For those who would like to volunteer be the drivers (pls, mods. come come), pls contact me via PM.

With sponsership comes red tape, which I hope to avoid. But lets form up the "board of the directors" first, we will see how to best manage this project.

sounds like a super idea! count me in :D

one more thing to note, cameras with manual mode are best because we should standardise exposure - especially exposure time, for each shot (lighting conditions will definitely change as the day progresses)

also, we can have a couple of guys "covering" the event, like press reporters.

nightwolf75 said:
oh damn... my pentax film cam only have a 28-90mm lens. does dat mean i'm unable to join?

Hi Sam, I can spare you with my AE-1 with FD lens 50mm f1.4 :D

denniskee said:
The first trial will be a short segment of Orchard Road, stretching from CK Tang to Lucky Plaza, shooting across from Wisma Atria/Ngee Ann City.

Hey Dennis, which location shall the "cam setter" set up their equipment? The walking path in front of the Wisma Atria & Ngee Ann City?

Anyway, count me in.

"cam setter" will bring the camera owner to the designated site. exact location has not been determine.

Also not determine is no of camera needed. I will do some study tonight, should be able to provide a rough figure tomorrow.

further detail is not avialable now. will wait to form the "board of directors" first.

But pls continue to sign up.

Status
Not open for further replies.