Standard Photos experience

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by Deadly
Very lao kui :embrass:
Mistaken Singapore Colour Centre for Standard Photos in my original post. Had updated the subject already and corrected some mistakes.

Very confusing one :what: Standard Photo and S'pore Colour Centre shop sign are almost the same. Both also uses Kodak colour paper... Are they under the same management - must ask this question the next time I see them.

Apologies for posting the wrong shop name originally.

Cherios!
Deadly

Haha! No wonder! I was about to ask you where in Clementi got Standard Photo! Coz I live there too and how nice if I can enjoy the convenience of sending prints right in my neighbour. :D

Have also develop some photos (4R) at century sq singapore colour center.

Have send in 2 different resolution. 1024*682 and 1600*1066.

Those of lower resoltion have some blocky thing at certain area. Those of 1600 resolution come out ok. Just like normal P & S camera.

Hope this helps others a bit. Try to send in photos with same reolution as have some pencil marking on the paperbag stating 1600*1067. Most probobly, they do a batch run for phot of that reolution, resulting in the poorer quality for the lower resolution.

wah, u all very solid, can respond so many times in one single day...

clementi ave 2 is it near clementi interchange there huh? where exactly is it? tkx.

Originally posted by mpenza
They're under the same management and shares the same discount cards :)
Just to confirm the "they" mean Standard Photo and Singapore Colour Centre share the same management and discount card. :)

Originally posted by Kevin
Just to confirm the "they" mean Standard Photo and Singapore Colour Centre share the same management and discount card. :)

yup! that's what I meant :)

yup! that's what I meant :)
Thanks, there is a Standard Photo near my work place and my collegue got "Network" card that can get discount on normal print. hopefully the discount apply to digital print. I can try it out!:)

So, do i send the prints in 3:2 format or 4:3 format? Looks like there's no official stand on this matter. Me thinking of sending in my prints soon. Don't want to come back with cropped heads and send in again for reprinting.

Originally posted by sneezybum
So, do i send the prints in 3:2 format or 4:3 format? Looks like there's no official stand on this matter. Me thinking of sending in my prints soon. Don't want to come back with cropped heads and send in again for reprinting.

To play safe, crop the pics yourself before sending in. It is quite fast using PS6 anyway (unless you have hundreds of them!). IMO.

Originally posted by itsmywill
wah, u all very solid, can respond so many times in one single day...

clementi ave 2 is it near clementi interchange there huh? where exactly is it? tkx.

There are actually 2 shops at Blk 354 Clementi Ave 2. There is a standalone one just beside the wet market and the main one at Blk 354 itself. Check out this URL for the location:

http://streetdirectory.com/map.cgi?postalcode=120354

It is about 10 mins walk from the Clementi MRT station. But there are many Standard Photo and S'pore Colour Centre outlets everywhere. Probably need not go to this one.

Cheers!
Deadly :cool:

Originally posted by azone

To play safe, crop the pics yourself before sending in. It is quite fast using PS6 anyway (unless you have hundreds of them!). IMO.
Hi Azone, new in Digital printing, what do you mean by cropping? Crop from 4:3 to 3:2?

Hi Azone, new in Digital printing, what do you mean by cropping? Crop from 4:3 to 3:2?

Kevin, I thought you more lao jiao than me.:D Heheh And to think I look up to you as an expert.:p Here's the low down on cropping ratios and print sizes.

Print size____|Ratio
__3R_______|_5:3
__4R_______|_3:2
__6R_______|_4:3
__8R_______|_5:4
__10R______|_6:5

Crop to the correct ratios of pixels of the length: breath of your digtal image. This is to prevent the photo developers from removing essential details from your photo when you give them images of the unsuitable dimensions.

Print at home~ Print at home~ Hahhaha Me obsessed with home printing liao... But if you are gonna print a lot, I think send in to print will cost less... But 8Rs will definately cost cheaper at home...

Thanks, there is a Standard Photo near my work place and my collegue got "Network" card that can get discount on normal print. hopefully the discount apply to digital print. I can try it out!:)

15% discount!!!

Cropping means to reduce the photo size while maintaining a certain aspect ratio(as megadark mentioned). Below are some examples of the resolutions sizes you need to crop to for printing, depending on your camera's megapixels:

1.3 megapixel - 1280 x 853
2.1 megapixel - 1600 x 1066
2.6 megapixel - 1856 x 1237
3.34 megapixel - 2048 x 1365
4.1 megapixel - 2272 x 1514

Originally posted by Deadly

There are actually 2 shops at Blk 354 Clementi Ave 2. There is a standalone one just beside the wet market and the main one at Blk 354 itself. Check out this URL for the location:

http://streetdirectory.com/map.cgi?postalcode=120354

It is about 10 mins walk from the Clementi MRT station. But there are many Standard Photo and S'pore Colour Centre outlets everywhere. Probably need not go to this one.

Cheers!
Deadly :cool:

Hmm.. sorry, the above 2 shops are Standard Photo or Spore Colour??
headscratch.gif

Cropping means to reduce the photo size while maintaining a certain aspect ratio(as megadark mentioned). Below are some examples of the resolutions sizes you need to crop to for printing, depending on your camera's megapixels:

1.3 megapixel - 1280 x 853
2.1 megapixel - 1600 x 1066
2.6 megapixel - 1856 x 1237
3.34 megapixel - 2048 x 1365
4.1 megapixel - 2272 x 1514

Sorry, I am new to digital printing. When u mean cropping is not the same as adjusting the image size rite? I am currently using ps5. Which tool do you use to crop the picture to exact figure of 1066?? Isit by trial and error? :dunno:

15% discount!!!

mpenza,

confirm that u get 15% discount using the Standard Photo / S'pore Colour Centre VIP card? Applicable to digital photos? I even tried to get free 4R albums but they refused to give me even one! On the contrary, Soo Kee Colour gave me a couple when I processed with them.

Hmm.. sorry, the above 2 shops are Standard Photo or Spore Colour??
headscratch.gif

I was referring to Singapore Colour Centre of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.