S'pore River Ang Pow - 28012006

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm interested in going on the last day but does joining you guys mean I'm only allowed to bring a Lumix? haha

blimmer said:
I'm interested in going on the last day but does joining you guys mean I'm only allowed to bring a Lumix? haha

u welcome to join us
but dun carry a bazooka

metallilan said:
me run plug??? lol i too young la haha...

but i can tell you i might be the only one in lumix left with my fz5...see alot of people leave lumix sad liao :confused:

Well, to organize an outing does not need to check on age though....it is not going for R(A) movie... :p)

As for Lumixers, dun worry, there are still a lot of them, just need to plan for a good theme, sure there will be a lot of people going. By the way, I am still a Lumixer you know? ;)

StanGetz said:
Wah, if got time i dun mind, but need everyone support also mah....nw having break from work......had to cancell plans for fireworks earlier this evening.....any nice catch anyone?

Come out with good theme, and I am sure there will be a whole bunch of people following you.....trust me... :)

Maybe you want to start off with the Thaiposum event? It starts off tomorrow, and end on Sunday, you can always organize either on Saturday or Sunday...

metallilan said:
me run plug??? lol i too young la haha...

but i can tell you i might be the only one in lumix left with my fz5...see alot of people leave lumix sad liao :confused:

no ah, im still using the FZ5 ah....age is nt a prob la, wat cam u use is also nt the prob la, to me i feel its a chance to have a gathereing og ppl of the same interest, to share and learn knowledge, to laff and curse at any bad or good shots taken, last of all, to form new frenships, juz dat simple.

JimDavis said:
Come out with good theme, and I am sure there will be a whole bunch of people following you.....trust me... :)

Maybe you want to start off with the Thaiposum event? It starts off tomorrow, and end on Sunday, you can always organize either on Saturday or Sunday...

Yep i agree, good theme will definately garner more interest. Need to have more shooting experience too....thanks jim!

JimDavis said:

Didnt realise Thaipusam's on 11 feb. More details here

Should be interesting. Any tips for shooting such an event? Other than getting too close and risk getting charred cams.

blimmer said:
Didnt realise Thaipusam's on 11 feb. More details here

Should be interesting. Any tips for shooting such an event? Other than getting too close and risk getting charred cams.

There are 2 ways to shoot such event:

1. Shoot with relatively slow shuttle speed, say, 1/50 sec. This will allow you to have some motion effect, especially under low light.

2. Use small f-stop (large aperture) with high speed (anything above 1/250 sec), this will 'freeze' the motion, and you will get a real clear picture. Under low light, you may want to consider using flash to assist in achieving the 'freezing'. If flash is not recommended, then the only other way is to increase the ISO.

You may want to set your cam to shutter priority in order to be able to achieve constant shutter speed, leave the f-stop to the camera to handle it.

These 2 methods work well for all, whichever you want to use is really a personal preference.

so.any updates who's going on the last day?

metallilan said:
so.any updates who's going on the last day?

1) metallilan
2) FZ5Owner
3) StanGetz (meeting after 8pm. have to attend dinner)
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)

Metallilan, wat time & where to meet. Let u lead the pack.

Cheers

FZ5owner said:
1) metallilan
2) FZ5Owner
3) StanGetz (meeting after 8pm. have to attend dinner)
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)

Metallilan, wat time & where to meet. Let u lead the pack.

Cheers

diaoz! why me??? i usually come as a standalone leh. summore i think im meeting a seller prior to going...lolz.

i don't know if anyone is going but im going tonight. will be meeting a seller to get something from him at 9 pm before i head out to the esplanade. might try the far end of the bridge near the merlion tonight...

anyone can chop places there? :sweat:

Status
Not open for further replies.