Sony PSP

Status
Not open for further replies.
The spiderman game looks good....
but dunno if the PSP battery can last or not?

tried ridge racer on the PSP... very cool, very smooth, very addictive. graphics is powerz siah... :thumbsup:

Well, look at it this way. It can be used it as a Digital Portfolio, A Movie Player on the go, an MP3 player, as well as a gaming machine. (But you would need a 1gig MS duo pro to fit everything in... ;) )

Imagine, Ridge Racer on wi fi multiplayer... in one word, sweet. :)

Blade of Brothers which is similar to Diablo as a hack & slash RPG is quite fun but it gets boring when playing alone. The fun part is when you get friends to link up with you on wi fi and go dungeon exploring together. :)

Twisted Metal basically means you get to cause mayhem & destruction all over the place against your friends.. great way to relieve stress. ;)

Pro Image said:
Sound cheap but Japan sets are still cheaper in Japan.....JPY20,000 with basic kit...

JPY20,000 = SGD312.00

Got a friend buying it from Japan this week. It's the same package as the one on sale here, the casing etc etc. It's ard $380 only... so mark-up here is pretty high.

Prismatic said:
Got a friend buying it from Japan this week. It's the same package as the one on sale here, the casing etc etc. It's ard $380 only... so mark-up here is pretty high.

Yeah, i agree.

What you are getting is the value pack. :) It's well worth it. :)

Wolfgang said:
Yeah, i agree.

What you are getting is the value pack. :) It's well worth it. :)

Anyway, Wolfgang, I think you know him too, it's Lionel.
It's quite strange lah, I think they mark-up a bit too much for the launch already. Cos I've check, even if I ordered online on Yodobashi and get them to send it here via v-post, the price in Singapore will still be $10-20 more.
Only drawback I heard is that Japan sets can only play their own region's UMDs.

Prismatic said:

Only in terms of movies but game wise, it's not an issue. :)

Enjoy your PSP when you get it. :) Maybe we can all meet for a PSP gamiong session. ;)

Prismatic said:
Singapore sets are set to Region 2, same as Japan.

Also, Sony Singapore is only going to bring in Japanese versions of the games, but this is not a total non-issue as games are not region-locked (only UMD movies which, to me anyway, is not really a big deal as I don't see myself watching a movie on the small screen).

So far, I have accumulated 4 games for my PSP (Jap set)
1) Ridge Racer (Jap)
2) Need for Speed Underground Rivals (US)
3) Wipeout Pure (US)
4) Tiger Woods PGA Tour (US) - currently concentrating on this game.

And the big news this week is that my favorite Xbox game (Burnout) is coming to PSP later this year ... woooo hooo ... and of course, also looking forward to GT4.

Darren said:
And the big news this week is that my favorite Xbox game (Burnout) is coming to PSP later this year ... woooo hooo ... and of course, also looking forward to GT4.

Yeah, i'm so looking forward to GT4 myself. :) Any idea regarding it's release date tho? :)

Burnout is coming?! That'll be so sweeeeeeeet. hehehhe

And of course, on my wish list is Winning 11. :) (6)

Wonder if anyone is game for a PSP meetup for wi-fi multiplayer session?

Pro Image said:
Well what else you want? A 18-400mm IS f1.0 lens? :sticktong
1GB MS Duo can pop in the most 40min of video nia.

'Man Make, Man Can Break'. Hopefully someone will find a hack to do in a HDD one day.

jsbn said:

'Man Make, Man Can Break'. Hopefully someone will find a hack to do in a HDD one day.

No need to ask someone.....

Remember PS2 has came out with a HDD too.....I have one 40GB PS2 HDD i bought from Japan.

So either they will come out a 2GB, 4GB or 8GB MS Duo or leave it as it is.

PSP = Portable Play Station (PORTABLE!!!!)

Why want to lug around a 60GB HDD?

Darren said:
Wonder if anyone is game for a PSP meetup for wi-fi multiplayer session?
onnnnn!!!lets meet up..start w ridge rider

Pro Image said:

anyway PSP is already quite heavy.

jsbn want HDD ? use your xbox at home ;p

i think most people would get the PSP more for other reasons than gaming...hahaha

i wonder if they able to come up with some contraception which allows the PSP to hook up to a tv...then power liao...hehe...go chalet juz plug in. =D

sbs99 said:
i think most people would get the PSP more for other reasons than gaming...hahaha

i wonder if they able to come up with some contraception which allows the PSP to hook up to a tv...then power liao...hehe...go chalet juz plug in. =D

im sure there are third parties developing these things oredi...let me just highlight one..browsing internet thru ur psp wifi...cool rite.theres this one game that have oredi e browser.... :bigeyes:

caseytan said:
anyway PSP is already quite heavy.

jsbn want HDD ? use your xbox at home ;p
Da HDD in my XBox cannot make it liao. Left very little space oredi. Time to get a NAS. :cry:

Pro Image said:
No need to ask someone.....

Remember PS2 has came out with a HDD too.....I have one 40GB PS2 HDD i bought from Japan.

So either they will come out a 2GB, 4GB or 8GB MS Duo or leave it as it is.

PSP = Portable Play Station (PORTABLE!!!!)

Hmm... My iPod's got a 20GB HDD liao leh. :think:

2GB MS Duo Pro I believe is on the way liaoz. Hmm... 1GB MS Duo Pro costs like $260 methinks... Certainly sounds like what I'd paid for my 256MB MSPro 2yrs ago...

jsbn said:

Not true. i managed to store all of my shots for my portfolio, store 5 eps of naruto and some MP3s... :)

All you need is this program named PSP Video 9. It converts your video files in to mpeg4 and helps you compress it to suit the screen size of the PSP. It's freeware too. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.