Sony NEX-6 (The "mini NEX-7" about to be announced soon)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought the street price is $1260 without the need to buy any goodies? :think:

Sry, clarification. I paid ~1300 for the camera, a gorillapod micro and screen protector. Paid 1268 for the camera itself.

MS is cheaper but all their stocks are reserved.

Was quoted 1320 for the camera over the phone though @_@ - managed to negotiate a better price @ the shop.

Anyone encountered dust/bubble in your kit lens?

Salesperson says it is a bubble in the rear element and simply opened up several other boxes of 5R and 6 to go thru them.
Swapped the original lens with the best of the lot, which also had a speck of dust (or bubble?) behind the front element (but I suppose was still better than the original one which was behind the rear element?)

Salesperson says it is a bubble in the rear element and simply opened up several other boxes of 5R and 6 to go thru them.
Swapped the original lens with the best of the lot, which also had a speck of dust (or bubble?) behind the front element (but I suppose was still better than the original one which was behind the rear element?)
A bubble in the rear element? Hard to believe but I wouldn't buy it no matter how small it is.

Was quoted $1595 for dual lens, free 16g sd & Sony case.. No soft case or herringbone bag leh...

kun1he2 said:

Kit lenses can anyhow swap between packages meh? Won't affect warranty?

I'm surprised the salesperson so nice go thru the whole batch to give u what u deem as the best set.

It would be good if u can actually show us a picture to illustrate the flaw, because it will not do Sony nor its potential clients any good if u strike unnecessary fears in us.

I just took a look at my copy. I don't see anything. I hope it's just you being oversensitive.

unlikely to have bubble .. thats a major defect. If its just dust, it will not affect the IQ

on my 2 days test so far... the flash pop out might not very good, when not using it for awhile, pressing the flash button will not pop up directly and seems sticky, so i finger touch softly to let it open, close and open few time ok d, but still will happen in next try after a while

battery relatively weak especially browse thru the menu on LCD, it consume quite fast, not sure if can reach to 360 photo (as per tested in CIPA)

one thing i dun really like those newly launch NEX is to charge the batt via the camera but not extra charger unit, and it does charge longer too

Kit lenses can anyhow swap between packages meh? Won't affect warranty?

I'm surprised the salesperson so nice go thru the whole batch to give u what u deem as the best set.

It would be good if u can actually show us a picture to illustrate the flaw, because it will not do Sony nor its potential clients any good if u strike unnecessary fears in us.

I just took a look at my copy. I don't see anything. I hope it's just you being oversensitive.

Yeah, was wondering to myself if warranty is affected too - sounds like a loophole if user wants to claim warranty on an old lens, just pair it with a new body with warranty still in force.

Good to hear that yours was flawless - coz while going through the kit lenses, I was quite shocked to see so much dust when the lens caps were removed. Had to borrow his blower just to get a cleaner look of the lens.

Sorry, didn't mean to strike fear, but I'd advise all buyers to check the lenses at point of purchase.

Personally, I think it's dust - but the salesman says it is bubble... :dunno:

kun1he2 said:
Yeah, was wondering to myself if warranty is affected too - sounds like a loophole if user wants to claim warranty on an old lens, just pair it with a new body with warranty still in force.

Good to hear that yours was flawless - coz while going through the kit lenses, I was quite shocked to see so much dust when the lens caps were removed. Had to borrow his blower just to get a cleaner look of the lens.

Sorry, didn't mean to strike fear, but I'd advise all buyers to check the lenses at point of purchase.

I doubt lens elements with bubbles would end up in a lens. There are so many steps involved before they assemble a lens, no way this happens these days.

kun1he2 said:

Dust when lens cap removed? That alone sounds fishy.

On another note, the kit lens, when mounted on nex7 or older cameras, takes somewhat longer to uncollapse n collapse when you on and off it. Just a note to nex7 owners looking to get the SELP1650 from bns or elsewhere. Hopefully there would be (yet another) firmware to fix this.

Davidnikon said:
on my 2 days test so far... the flash pop out might not very good, when not using it for awhile, pressing the flash button will not pop up directly and seems sticky, so i finger touch softly to let it open, close and open few time ok d, but still will happen in next try after a while

battery relatively weak especially browse thru the menu on LCD, it consume quite fast, not sure if can reach to 360 photo (as per tested in CIPA)

one thing i dun really like those newly launch NEX is to charge the batt via the camera but not extra charger unit, and it does charge longer too

The flash with the low GN is pretty much useless. I'm looking at getting yongnuo flashes for my NEX 6. That's what the hotshoe is for right?

All new batteries need to charge n discharge a few times for the performance to be optimal. Don't worry.

And 3rd party chargers on eBay quite cheap. Having said that, I found out smth funny. My NEX 6 cannot be charged by any other chargers with usb output (e.g my s3 charger) or any other cables (e.g my s3/HTC/other microUSB cables). Die die must by it's supplied charger and cable, even thou it's microUSB output. Hmm.

silvermoon1407 said:
The flash with the low GN is pretty much useless. I'm looking at getting yongnuo flashes for my NEX 6. That's what the hotshoe is for right?

All new batteries need to charge n discharge a few times for the performance to be optimal. Don't worry.

And 3rd party chargers on eBay quite cheap. Having said that, I found out smth funny. My NEX 6 cannot be charged by any other chargers with usb output (e.g my s3 charger) or any other cables (e.g my s3/HTC/other microUSB cables). Die die must by it's supplied charger and cable, even thou it's microUSB output. Hmm.

I have been using my laptop to charge it and no problem.

Hi, anyone have any issues connecting via wifi thru play app memories? I saw reviews of not connected to Samsung note 2....
Is it Android or Sony problems?

Sounds just like the PS3 controllers - can charge with laptop and PS3, but not with 3rd party chargers including iPad and iPhone chargers.

Where should i buy to get the herringbone case?

hyori said:
Where should i buy to get the herringbone case?

Yea which outlet is offering herringbone case? Ms offer Sony bag & 16g sd.

Looks like dust?

photo.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.