Sony NEX-6 (The "mini NEX-7" about to be announced soon)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unlikely, since can charge using camera via USB.
Doesn't make sense for Sony to spend extra on charger.

From my experience charging other devices via usb connected to PC and such, it's gonna take a while to charge as compared to a dedicated charger.

I will get more of the Chromage FW50 batteries and a charger then. Can get 3 batteries and a charger for less than 1 original battery.

Find the 3rd party one perform as good as the original based on my Nex 3 usage.

Anyway find it a weird sales strategy. USB charging is good when I'm out and have those portable usb battery charger,but seriously, it doesn't makes sense not to include a dedicated charger.

We prefer to pop in new battery and charge the other one at the same time without being tied to a usb cable. It also becomes more hassle if I have many battery to charge.

There are many instances 1 battery not enough to last the day esp if use flash and constant image playback/review.

Last edited:
From my experience charging other devices via usb connected to PC and such, it's gonna take a while to charge as compared to a dedicated charger.

I will get more of the Chromage FW50 batteries and a charger then. Can get 3 batteries and a charger for less than 1 original battery.

Find the 3rd party one perform as good as the original based on my Nex 3 usage.

Anyway find it a weird sales strategy. USB charging is good when I'm out and have those portable usb battery charger,but seriously, it doesn't makes sense not to include a dedicated charger.

We prefer to pop in new battery and charge the other one at the same time without being tied to a usb cable. It also becomes more hassle if I have many battery to charge.

There are many instances 1 battery not enough to last the day esp if use flash and constant image playback/review.
I too prefer to use a charger to charge my batteries.
While not in use, the camera belongs in the dry cabinet, not on the desk charging the batts! :)

Closest gauge for the NEX 6 price.

Previous NEX 7 shown here AU$1,349 if convert S$1,700 ..... Local SRP S$1,799 (Diff by S$99)
Sony NEX-7 review | The Verge

For coming NEX 6 shown here AU$850 if convert S$1,070 + (Diff S$99) our local SRP could be around S$1,200 (Body).
Sony NEX-6 official: $850 mirrorless camera with Wi-Fi and three new lenses | The Verge

Just hope it will turn out close to my findings. ;p

I guess someone has to pay for it. :) I think US$5 is a bit overpriced for a feature that even the Alpha A560 had already. If they release features like that every couple of weeks Sony could manage to stay on dpreview's front page for a whole year till the successors arrive. :D

Just saw Sony doesn't even have a shop for Singaporean credit cards yet. http://www.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/regions/

Last edited:
The Sony NEX-6 1st Quick Look Review | STEVE HUFF PHOTOS

"For those wondering if the NEX-6 is an improvement over the NEX-7 I would say DEFINITELY. It is quicker, snappier, more responsive, does not seem to overheat (in my limited use so far),has sharp IQ, comes with a great new kit zoom and even feels better with its matte finish. You lose the highly touted “Tri Navi” control system but to be honest I almost prefer the new set up as you still have your control dials. You lose nothing but convenience of having both dials at the top. Instead you now have one dial with the mode dial stacked on top and the mode dial on the back.
The NEX-6 is the best NEX yet."

Last edited:
Maybe with the Multi Frame NR app for US$4.99. :)

That bullS***. Should be coming for free.. but anywhere, that apps worth it! for extra $5 you can obtain something great when taking higher ISO pic~

"Today we took a drive through Carmel, CA and I snapped this shot with the NEX-6 and new kit zoom 16-50, which I like so much better than the old 18-55. The new 16-50 is small and of great quality. " -By SteveHuff.

feel like selling 7 .. :bsmilie:

True but i stick with my word, i wont anyhow upgrade my device just because it's new... like iPhone 4S-> iPhone 5. But instead i will go for iPhone 6. Which is 2 version later~~ so let wait for next NEX next year.

That bullS***. Should be coming for free..
Maybe they will offer a free trial version which doesn't let you save the photos. :) I hope they will release a LittleBigPlanet photo frame app too but I guess next will be a fish eye filter. ;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.