Sony Alpha NEX-C3

Got mine too! I was charging the battery last night so haven't got a chance to try most of the features yet.

Btw, Nat Geo bag can only be collected after 3 Aug.

here's a sample of the photos taken using the creative programs of the C3.. not bad...

282107_2160292854415_1459363147_3392836_7683576_n.jpg

270257_2160292534407_1459363147_3392834_3597927_n.jpg

264352_2160292734412_1459363147_3392835_6393616_n.jpg

Wow....1st post is to declare you got the NEX-C3 :bigeyes:

It's my first non P&S camera... I was lurking here since few weeks now in order to make my choice...
Now, It's for real :)

The C3 has a much better sensor than the nex 5 though. While the nex 5 is using the old sensor (same one used in A550 and Nikon D90), the C3 comes with the latest sensor used in A55 and Nikon D7000.

In terms of ISO, the A55 performs better than the A550, despite DSLTs suffering a 30% loss of light.

With the nex system, the C3 can utilise the A55 sensor without the 30% light loss, so it should perform even better than the A55 in high ISO.

Therefore if u want the best image quality and ISO performance, the C3 will be the best among the 3 nex camera, and possibly the best among all mirrorless system camera as well for now.

Yes indeed, if you see the comparison at imaging-resource.com, you will notice that Nex-C3 has probably the best ISO performing sensor right now, thrashing D7000 and K5 as well. So its not only the best mirrorless cameras only, it's the best APS-C camera now!!!

The minor tweaks on C3 and A35 is now better in high ISO (I believe there is some tweaks on the JPEG processing as well) and has longer lasting battery life.

Unless you die die need full HD movies, 7fps and magnesium body, then go for Nex 5.

But if you want better ISO performance, better battery life and cheaper, Nex C3 is the one to get.

Damn, i am now really torn between EP3 and C3....so many 3s....dun know which to get...

One has better sensor, the other has more lenses to play with....arhhhh.....

It's my first non P&S camera...

ermm, ...in a way, most would consider the nex series high end P&S ! :bsmilie:

nevermind what I've said, the C3's got mighty impressive specs ! ...might just get myself one. ;)

Enjoy yours !

no worries, for those want NEX5, just wait another one month, the new NEX5E and NEX7 are coming this August :)

Considering how much I'm enjoying using my NEX5, I'm looking forward to the 5E and 7!

The C3 has a much better sensor than the nex 5 though. While the nex 5 is using the old sensor (same one used in A550 and Nikon D90), the C3 comes with the latest sensor used in A55 and Nikon D7000.

In terms of ISO, the A55 performs better than the A550, despite DSLTs suffering a 30% loss of light.

With the nex system, the C3 can utilise the A55 sensor without the 30% light loss, so it should perform even better than the A55 in high ISO.

Therefore if u want the best image quality and ISO performance, the C3 will be the best among the 3 nex camera, and possibly the best among all mirrorless system camera as well for now.

Hi, I agree with you that the NEX-C3 had a better sensor than the NEX-5 and perhaps the best among all mirrorless system cameras. However, my intention is to give a personal opinon on why the price of the NEX-C3 is cheaper than the NEX-5.

Overall, I liked the NEX-C3 for its image quality but not its built. It also proven Sony's commitment for the E-mount system. For those who still feel about the lack of native lenses, there's a macro lens which will be released in September.

ermm, ...in a way, most would consider the nex series high end P&S ! :bsmilie:

Well, not completely false indeed...
It is light, small and could be used as a P&S (full automatic)...
But could also be used fully manually and the quality is definitely more on the DSLR side....

Well, not completely false indeed...
It is light, small and could be used as a P&S (full automatic)...
But could also be used fully manually and the quality is definitely more on the DSLR side....

i think the correct term would be Compact Mirrorless Interchangeable Lens Digital Still Camera. it can be considered a PnS for its size, but the functionality is that of a larger sensor format interchangeable lens camera

Since many of you believe that NEX-C3 is better than the NEX5 in IQ. I would assume that NEX-C3 is of super quality. I did a comparision between my Leica m9 with leica lenses and the Sony NEX5 with leica lenses. Result in low ISO m9 wins by a little. High IOS Sony NEX5 wins the Leica m9. This means that the new NEX-C3 is as good as a Leica m9 which costs almost 10times more. In this case, it is no brainer decision.

This is my first compact mirrorless camera. I have Canon 30D. After using it for 2 days, here are some of my observations:

1. ISO - extremely good. Didn't need the flash for dark pictures. Low noise and rather quick
2. Colour - typical Sony characteristics, over saturated but sometime I like it this way
3. Flexibility- the lens which came with it is just alright for typical shots neither too wide or too telephoto but also NOT wide enough and not far enough (though I do have the FishEye converter)
4. Handling - as I am used to the 30D, i found the C3 too small. Almost dropped it out of the window when I was taking the above shots. Maybe the leather casing would help but it's not in stock yet. The trigger button is positioned a bit awkwardly on top rather than slightly forward.
5. No view finder - I found taking photo from the waist rather interesting - can be discreet and interesting perspective.

The pan cake len is not particularly useful but the F2.8 could be a good portraiture len. But it's good when coupled with the fisheye.

Cheers

If I recall, I was told to come back to Cathay MArina (where I got it) to collect.

Thanks... the vendors did not tell me that...
Got the NG bag some interresting particularities ?