Sony Alpha NEX-C3

i just bought it. It's out at Cathay. $1099 c/w free bag + 8gb SDHC card.

1st camera in 3 years after the 30D. Exciting!

Congrats on your purchase......looking forward to your photos soon.

dual lens set, with bag, 8gb all 1099 if i am not wrong..

Just received an email from Sony. There's a pre-launch offer from 12 - 18 July.

yup its true :)

i think it's only meant for intended people. by sharing it here.... you're only gonna cause anger amongst people who realize they can't purchase it because they're not in the e-mailing list?

i think it's only meant for intended people. by sharing it here.... you're only gonna cause anger amongst people who realize they can't purchase it because they're not in the e-mailing list?

I believe everyone can buy it as long as they are the first 150... it does not state tat you need to bring or print out anything :)...

i thought this is available for everyone? i google it and found it in public site.

Anyway the offer is not exclusive at all? just 8gb SDHC card not even Memory Stick!

Got mine !! :)

am surprise its cheaper than Nex 5.

am surprise its cheaper than Nex 5.

The NEX-C3 is meant to be a replacement for the NEX-3. One point to note is that the material used is different. NEX-C3 is made of polycarbonate while the NEX-5 is made of magnesium alloy. Also, the NEX-5 had a much better movie recording feature which support AVCHD format. The NEX-3 & NEX-C3 only support MP4.

The NEX-C3 is meant to be a replacement for the NEX-3. One point to note is that the material used is different. NEX-C3 is made of polycarbonate while the NEX-5 is made of magnesium alloy. Also, the NEX-5 had a much better movie recording feature which support AVCHD format. The NEX-3 & NEX-C3 only support MP4.

The C3 has a much better sensor than the nex 5 though. While the nex 5 is using the old sensor (same one used in A550 and Nikon D90), the C3 comes with the latest sensor used in A55 and Nikon D7000.

In terms of ISO, the A55 performs better than the A550, despite DSLTs suffering a 30% loss of light.

With the nex system, the C3 can utilise the A55 sensor without the 30% light loss, so it should perform even better than the A55 in high ISO.

Therefore if u want the best image quality and ISO performance, the C3 will be the best among the 3 nex camera, and possibly the best among all mirrorless system camera as well for now.

Last edited: