Songkhla Sunset

Status
Not open for further replies.
seems a bit too many elements in composition, looks messy
As stated in my 1st post. Thanks.

To eosandy:

Thanks for sharing. On the point of composition, usually when presented with a scene like this, I will take several pictures from different vantage points and from different angles, and even in portrait orientation. I will keep shooting until the sun sets, and when I go back I can first choose the best shot, and second to learn and examine what works and what doesn't. After sometime, your compositional skills will sure improve.

In this particular scene, I'd have the poles as foreground interest. So typically, I would get my feet and tripod dirty on the beach (provided if it is safe...no crocs, poisonous urchins etc), and shoot with the poles as the foreground. Maybe you can even have the setting sun peeking from one of the poles...so many possibilities and thinking of these makes me excited already.

Cheers!

Purchased some rubber boots so I can venture out into the bay at low tide. Thanks for your time and observations.

i too would increase the foreground

i would use a wa lens and make the foreground bigger in the frame, this will increase the sense of depth to your image
i noticed that there are nice reflections and patterns in the puddles of water
i would use that too in my composition

Yip, gonna use 10-20mm UWA on my next trip. Thanks for the pointers.

The light is spetacular

I somehow like the glow in the image. Rather incredible.

The light from the sun coming through the storm is what made me glad I carry a compact almost all the time. Considering carrying my DSLR. Your compliments of mother nature are appreciated.

turn this into black and white. it would probably be nicer. like some said the colours makes it looks less well taken. but hey i think you shoot better than me! :)

Surely not, but thanks and I'm gonna give B&W a go. Is it against the rules to post subsequent PP images, following advice posted?

oh ok.. if work then ok. coz i visit this place 3 times already.. All for work too. Nice place, though ocassional bomb threat. I regret not bringing my camera when i was there 1st - 3rd June 2009. Just 2 weeks back.

Yip, nice pace of life. Do you come here often? :bsmilie:

Hi TS, correct me if I'm wrong, for the background it seems like it's raining on the left and sunshine on the right, side by side.

If that was what's happening, I think it'll be an amazing photo if you had shot that scene closer.

Hi TS, correct me if I'm wrong, for the background it seems like it's raining on the left and sunshine on the right, side by side.

If that was what's happening, I think it'll be an amazing photo if you had shot that scene closer.

Yip, passing storm across the sunset. It's a 10mp jpeg so kinda limited to cropping and print sizes :(

Yip, passing storm across the sunset. It's a 10mp jpeg so kinda limited to cropping and print sizes :(

Oh man, I would love to get that shot close up. Rain and sunshine together in one frame. Why didn't you?? Ahhhhh :gbounce:

Oh man, I would love to get that shot close up. Rain and sunshine together in one frame. Why didn't you?? Ahhhhh :gbounce:

Lack of time, a longer lens and a boat... :)

Next time for sure.

Thanks for viewing.

nice light,

but way too cluttered, when you use uwa , the idea is not to stand far far away, but to find a key strong anchor element or compositional tool that works well, go up close, and whack.

you have criticised yourself well. for me, if i have not been to the place, and i see nothing of interest, i would not suggest what to do at that scene, conditions change, and we speak of what we do not know.

but here, if i had to shoot, i would leave the shot using sky as centerpiece.

Status
Not open for further replies.