Sitex - 29 Nov to 2 Dec @ Expo Hall 5 & 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
CF cards not cheap.. better get from SLS

really?? How much cheaper is cheap in SLS? i always thought it's a good deal in IT fair to get memory cards :eek:

You can get Sandisk Extreme3 4GB is less than 100 at SLS.

does anyone know wat is there for the canon G9 at the current sitex?
or where is the best place to get it from?
thanks!

This is the info i got from Sitex

PowerShot G9

Retail $899
Freebies:
1. 2pcs SD2GB
2. Digital Kit Bag
3. Camera Case
4. Optical Moust Card Reader,
5. LCD Protector

Guys do u have any recommendation for a budget PC.As cheap as possible but must not be slow and crappy.

There's a good budget Dell PC selling for $900 with a 19" LCD monitor as per Dell ad yesterday but i wish to know more(and possibly better) deals.

This is the info i got from Sitex

PowerShot G9

Retail $899
Freebies:
1. 2pcs SD2GB
2. Digital Kit Bag
3. Camera Case
4. Optical Moust Card Reader,
5. LCD Protector

Alan Photo
Retail $809
Freebies:
1. 1pc SD2GB
2. Digital Kit Bag

http://forums.clubsnap.org/showpost.php?p=3589150&postcount=6
Harvey Norman provide additional Free Gifts on top of standard Sony gifts
1.) Manfrotto tripod
2.) Monitor calibration device by GretagMacBeth
3.) Additional battery

Thanks guys!!! You have all been an extremely good help!!!!

Unfortunately, after going to have a quick look at Expo, and finally having a feel of the camera, I realized that DSLR seems like a pretty big jump for me. Was rather intimidated by all the different buttons and how everything looks so bloody different from a point and shoot camera.

Held the A100 in my hand, and was still trying very hard to look super stylo and experienced, so as not to malu myself. In the end, just put it down and left.

*Sigh*

Despite reading so much on DSLR from the newbie thread, still kinda intimidated. Thinking I should buy a 2nd hand DSLR to try out first before I really invest in the real thing.

Wanna go for good deal for dry cabinet... 95L. Anyone spotted any? Last fair was <$200 with 2 free gifts... hope they have the same offer for this SITEX

So I guess with Harvey Norman, the 2 Canon cameras would not have the promotion such as the extended warranty with free 50mm 1.8 lens? Then not much of incentives as the freebies are not really that attractive..

Michael

went there this afternoon, i think this is the worst or second worst for PC/IT exhibition so far. Price no good, no much models, not much new products, no good deals,some camera Alan photo can sell more than S$100 cheaper than there.

As conclusion, it really s**ks.

Dont waste time. But who know last day got better offer.

I end up shopping at John Little this afternoon.

Cheres.

went there this afternoon, i think this is the worst or second worst for PC/IT exhibition so far. Price no good, no much models, not much new products, no good deals,some camera Alan photo can sell more than S$100 cheaper than there.

As conclusion, it really s**ks.

Dont waste time. But who know last day got better offer.

I end up shopping at John Little this afternoon.

Cheres.

i second that. a waste of time.

And that's why it's called SAI-TEX...

the laptops there are not bad. got one selling at only $999, got 1GB ram, 80GB HDD, CORE DUO (1.6GHz). planning to get that, very good for normal basic home usage.

the laptops there are not bad. got one selling at only $999, got 1GB ram, 80GB HDD, CORE DUO (1.6GHz). planning to get that, very good for normal basic home usage.

Hmm, I've just 'bought' a Dell Latitude of almost the same specs but smallish ('ultramobile'; 12.1" screen) in size from the Singtel 10Mbps recontract deal (S$85/month). If I peg the actual worth of the 10Mbps line at S$59.11 (what I'm currently paying for my 3Mbps line) a month over 30 months, and the 'free' wireless modem/router S$100, then I'm paying about S$855 for the laptop.

Status
Not open for further replies.