Singapore's First Cyber Begger

Status
Not open for further replies.
wow, you guys really sound like you feel he is extorting you and you are compelled to give him some money!!

what exactly did he say makes you feel like you really had to give money to him and not to charity?

and besides, why do you think that you need to tell others not to give money to him.. you seriously think that they cannot think and decide for themselves and hence you have to rush in boldly to "save the world" from this guy and to beat him up??

this sort of thinking is the reason why we still have so much censorship in singapore .. sigh..

Originally posted by peach
wow, you guys really sound like you feel he is extorting you and you are compelled to give him some money!!

what exactly did he say makes you feel like you really had to give money to him and not to charity?

and besides, why do you think that you need to tell others not to give money to him.. you seriously think that they cannot think and decide for themselves and hence you have to rush in boldly to "save the world" from this guy and to beat him up??

this sort of thinking is the reason why we still have so much censorship in singapore .. sigh..

What does this got to do with censorship? :dunno:

Why bring in Nationality again?? You got a problem with Singaporeans or wor??

Man, how come this Danny fella no put my last email to him on his blog...no guts maybe? Everyone pse see.

Hey D,

Actually I did not want to write again, but since u have put me on your blog, I thought might as well. Pse continue to put this up "word for word" on your blog ok...

If this is not a publicity stunt, then I wonder who in your family will have to wear paperbags over their head when you have a family outing. I am sure your parents know reality, have a sense of adventure and humour, otherwise how wld they have put up with a son like you for the past 28 years?

Don't donate to him, donate to a worthier cause, the Courage Fund by calling 1900 112 1333 or even the Animal Lovers League 6755 1424 to help save stray cats.

Now I challenge you to put this email of mine on your blog...come on!

Jeff

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Wednesday, May 28, 2003 3:49 PM
To: Jeff Chen
Subject: Re: Happy Birthday and Pse Grow Up!

well J,

i thot it was obvious your comments were not accepted.

i do not think i am enlightened, but am happily on the right track in attaining that thru my own means, which i won't bore you with since you've probably already attained nirvana.

you are in no position to lecture me or educate me. and it is obvious that you've already wasted your time in typing two emails.

just so you know, my parents are actually very supportive of my project. they have a sense of adventure, reality, and humour. i'm glad i have parents like that to educate me. and quite well i must say.

d.

There you go being presumptious again.

Did we say he made us feel this way? Most of us here said that if we got the money to spare, we'd rather give it to some other worthy cause. Duh.

Wow there you go being presumptious again. Please dun anyhow assume that we are rushing to save the world from him. Just as he is free to express his so-called enlightened views, we are also free to give our views.

What has censorship got to do with this?

If you really want to go by the censorship argument ie you think we think people like him should not be asking for money by the net & we gotta shut people like him up, then are you saying that we have no rights to express our views as well? Looks like you are censoring us here man.

If you got so much to complain about Singapore, why stay here?

Well said Lav. triple :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Just off the record, maybe we shld start raising money for pple like them so that we can send them on a one way ticket to outer space...:bsmilie:

For goodness sake, he drives a TT!!!

AND HE BUYS A MAC AND ASKS FOIR DONATIONS!!!!

agree with U!

It is not like we will be charged $0.30 everytime we click on daniel's website.

Cannot understand wat's the problem?
:dunno:

Originally posted by kiwitan
All these are giving him undeserved publicity. Think we should just ignore this fool and get on with our lives.

exactly

I'm not surprised if peach is.... :what:

Ah well, the things ppl do for publicity. And of cos, those egging him on perhaps juz egg him on for the fun of it whilst they sit aside, luff away at this fool. Or perhaps there's some hidden gains to be received at the end of this project? ;)

As to Danny who kept saying, "Who are u to lecture or educate me... I doubt the credibility of your narrow presumptious views..."

Well, I'd like to see the credibility in HIS views first. Since he's here (among us, hidden.... :eek: ) perhaps he'd like to come out here, elaborating to everyone in detail as to where his moral integrity stands, the proof of credibility in his views (since he'd dismissed our views as incredible) rather den repeating those same ol' stuff (sounds like a broken tape recorder) over and over again in his email exchanges and putting up them word for word (subjected to HIS censorship and to his subjectivity rather den presenting an objective view to all).

:thumbsup:

Originally posted by jsbn
I'm not surprised if peach is.... :what:

Ah well, the things ppl do for publicity. And of cos, those egging him on perhaps juz egg him on for the fun of it whilst they sit aside, luff away at this fool. Or perhaps there's some hidden gains to be received at the end of this project? ;)

As to Danny who kept saying, "Who are u to lecture or educate me... I doubt the credibility of your narrow presumptious views..."

Well, I'd like to see the credibility in HIS views first. Since he's here (among us, hidden.... :eek: ) perhaps he'd like to come out here, elaborating to everyone in detail as to where his moral integrity stands, the proof of credibility in his views (since he'd dismissed our views as incredible) rather den repeating those same ol' stuff (sounds like a broken tape recorder) over and over again in his email exchanges and putting up them word for word (subjected to HIS censorship and to his subjectivity rather den presenting an objective view to all).

Originally posted by jsbn
Or perhaps there's some hidden gains to be received at the end of this project? ;)

Eh, what kind of hidden gains are you insinuating here? ;p

I came here from dannybunny’s page and was rather surprised to see the amount of discussion he generated. I didn’t donate to him and frankly, I don’t think anyone really would unless they are already his friends.

If his scheme fails, I guess he will probably never try it again and neither would others, so I am not really worried about his “bad influence” anyway.

My two cents. :)

Originally posted by lavenderlilz
Eh, what kind of hidden gains are you insinuating here? ;p
Well it's hard to say.

Perhaps a share for his friendship in exchange for some benefits like a treat or 2 at a good restaurant or other benefits in time to come?

Perhaps monetary stuff?

Well, some things are juz hard to say though ;)

i guess everyone has his or her own view and this could really go on for a really long time... whatever it is, i do agree that we shouldn't continue the discussion any longer as it will just give him even more material to write a book on this project, if he ever does! :eek:

this is what the save karyn person did! she has actually written a book and is now selling it.. :dunno: i would imagine this will irritate some people even more if it ever happens!

see the save karyn book

Nope, never did he once tried to extort money from anyone. But it just makes me wonder what beer those people drank when they made their donation to him. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by floppy-eared
i guess everyone has his or her own view and this could really go on for a really long time... whatever it is, i do agree that we shouldn't continue the discussion any longer as it will just give him even more material to write a book on this project, if he ever does! :eek:

this is what the save karyn person did! she has actually written a book and is now selling it.. :dunno: i would imagine this will irritate some people even more if it ever happens!

see the save karyn book

This reminds me of the book Michael Fay wrote after he got 3 super light strokes of the rottan from Singapore. :thumbsd:

Status
Not open for further replies.