Singapore Airshow 2008, 19 to 24 February 2008.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone knows where the best place to view the practive sessions today and tmrw would be, please? :)

This are indeed some flight display practices/rehearsals from today onwards.

Individual practices : about 10.30am-11.45am for 14 and 15 Feb.
and 10.30am-11.30am and 2pm-3pm for 16 (Sat) and 17 (Sun) Feb.

Combined rehearsal : 18 Feb (Monday) 11.30am-1pm

Should be able to see something along Changi Coastline but probably not close enough to get good close-up shots unless you have a very very long lens >500mm.

Check this out :

http://www.caas.gov.sg/caasWeb/expo...ATS/AIP_Supplements/download/AIPSUP146-07.pdf

Just realize the flying practics above & actual display time on the Airshow site is diff from
the CAAS schedule above.. so to refer which?
Thanks.

Anyone knows where the best place to view the practive sessions today and tmrw would be, please? :)

the best is if you have pass to go in, if not my guess is changi beach. but the weather seems to be pretty cloudy these days. still, have fun shooting if you are there.

Just realize the flying practics above & actual display time on the Airshow site is diff from
the CAAS schedule above.. so to refer which?
Thanks.

http://www.singaporeairshow.com.sg/conf_aerobaticflyingdisplays.asp

Actual times during the show :

Detailed flying display timings are as follows :

19 Feb 2008 (Tue) 1230hr - 1400hr
20 – 24 Feb 2008
(Wed - Sun) 1215hr - 1345hr

CAAS advisory : in UTC (S'pore time is + 8 hours and in bracket below)

19 Feb : 0430 -0600 hr (1230-1400)

20-24 Feb : 0430 - 0545 hr (1230-1345)

So the difference is only the starting time difference of 15 minutes for 20-24 Feb. I guess CAAS and the SingaporeAirshow have probably sorted them out between themselves to avoid any mishap. Alternatively, it could also be that the Aerial display for the first 15 minutes do not need the complete closure of the Changi Airport during those days.

As for us, that 15 minutes difference is not crucial.

For the practices and rehearsals, they do not need to be at the same time of the day as during the actual days in the show.

If you go to shoot their practices or rehearsal later, do post some pictures for us to see and give us an idea of what to expect. Thanks.

(p.s. are you still using your Bigma 50-500mm ?)

yep.. on the other hand, do you guys think a 200mm on a 1.6 crop body would have enough reach?

Well, it depends on what type of photography you want to take.

For the fighters to be reasonably big in the frame, you need more than 300mm on the 1.6x crop body. .................. 400-600mm at least because these planes can be expected to do some very steep climb to reach great heights (i.e. very far up).

I went to beach next to Changi Ferry Terminal to take the Sat 10:30am rehearsal. Position was not take ideal but there was a clear view of the planes. You can get much closer to the airshow site on foot, but I was late, and my son was with me. Also, since the show is not on yet, you can actually drive near to the site itself.

Here are some photos I took using a Bigma - http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3778008

Guys, when I clicked the pre-registration link, I saw this ticket "
Trade Visitor Pre-Registration is now closed. You may register on-site during the show days."

Does it imply to trade visitors only or even for the public tickets? I can't find any other link to buy public viewing tickets.

http://www.singaporeairshow.com.sg/visit-public-day.asp

Guys, when I clicked the pre-registration link, I saw this ticket "
Trade Visitor Pre-Registration is now closed. You may register on-site during the show days."

Does it imply to trade visitors only or even for the public tickets? I can't find any other link to buy public viewing tickets.

is there any diff between the 10.30am rehersal and the 2pm rehersal?

http://www.singaporeairshow.com.sg/conf_aerobaticflyingdisplays.asp

Actual times during the show :

Detailed flying display timings are as follows :

19 Feb 2008 (Tue) 1230hr - 1400hr
20 – 24 Feb 2008
(Wed - Sun) 1215hr - 1345hr

CAAS advisory : in UTC (S'pore time is + 8 hours and in bracket below)

19 Feb : 0430 -0600 hr (1230-1400)

20-24 Feb : 0430 - 0545 hr (1230-1345)

So the difference is only the starting time difference of 15 minutes for 20-24 Feb. I guess CAAS and the SingaporeAirshow have probably sorted them out between themselves to avoid any mishap. Alternatively, it could also be that the Aerial display for the first 15 minutes do not need the complete closure of the Changi Airport during those days.

As for us, that 15 minutes difference is not crucial.

For the practices and rehearsals, they do not need to be at the same time of the day as during the actual days in the show.

If you go to shoot their practices or rehearsal later, do post some pictures for us to see and give us an idea of what to expect. Thanks.

(p.s. are you still using your Bigma 50-500mm ?)

I see.. now then I got it.. was confused due to the UTC timing..
Today never go due to got other things to attend to..
Will try to see tomorrow can or not.. now kid growing up liao, lesser time to shoot..
Yap, still holding on the Bigma..

hi sbc i read in the news papers if u r going during the airshow, parking labels can be bought for $50.

would u be gg for the 10.30 ?

No i mean today, is the big carpark open? or else if u drive into the service rd, u hv no where to park. I will be going to the 2pm practise. If i cant get into the service rd, i will be at the changi ferry term beach.

No i mean today, is the big carpark open? or else if u drive into the service rd, u hv no where to park. I will be going to the 2pm practise. If i cant get into the service rd, i will be at the changi ferry term beach.
hiyah... think you're the guy i met this afternoon... :)

this afternoon no show?

That's why it's good to smile and have a small talk when meeting other photographers here in Singapore.

Instead, come to the forum then you with this camera make, I saw you there.

That's why it's good to smile and have a small talk when meeting other photographers here in Singapore.

Instead, come to the forum then you with this camera make, I saw you there.

were u there today?

Status
Not open for further replies.