Singapore Airshow 2008, 19 to 24 February 2008.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well not forgetting the 'Media' Pass too!

Hmmm I guess there aren't any restrictions to lenses. A 100-400mm has done me great stuff. :)

Hey Bros,

SO who is right ah??? :confused:

Anyone can quote or direct the officials position about our lens?

Cheers
I believe the second quote is a joke... I'm sure if you bring a huge lens, they can just look through the lens to check that it's not a missle launcher in disguise... you can see from one end to the other... :)

do we need to buy tickets as a public visitor for the airshow? and how much issit?

Can RSAF personnel go in for free?

I dont understand 2 things discussed here.

1. Why anyone is worried about bringing their huge lenses to the Airshow. It's not a military installation in the first place, why would there be a restriction. I cannot find anywhere in the tickets that say's so. I pay for the tickets, unlike the RSAF Open House, which is free. My last visit to the former Asian Aerospace Exhibition never encounter problems with my 400mm prime.

2.Why up until now, no info on the list of aircraft for the acrobatic displays. I bought tickets for both days specifically for this. and only the Black Knights so far is confirmed. I feel something is not right here as I expect something better than the previous airshow.

My 2 cents.

Can RSAF personnel go in for free?

Sure, go ask your CO for a trade show invite lor...

Or better still volunteer for the outdoor static display of the Army or RSAF stuff. You then can go in everyday !!! :p

Guys,
quick question, what is the difference between the trade show ticket and public viewing ticket?
Is there going to be a diffrence of showcase/display? Like trade ticket holders will be allowed to go in the A380 or something of that sort? Sorry for the stupid question, just want to know if purchasing the Trade ticket is well worth the money.

Thanks.

Just finished my shift this morning at 8.10am when again saw the Black Knights practicing over Jurong Island airspace. It's been months since I saw them perfecting their routine. Up until now, they are the only ones practising. Although from this thread, we already know the dates of practice sessions, I wonder really is it enough practice session for the "other" displays.

The last Airshow only had a single jet aircraft sortie zipping and rolling for a "display" not a team display. Find it somewhat a ripoff if you compare the real Airshow overseas. Hope it doesn't turn out that way, but I beginning to believe it does. Don't mind paying more for those kind of Air exhibition.

Anyway, from today's encounter, minimum a 300mm lens for a full frame shot of a single aircraft shot. For the Black Knights diamond formation 200mm focal range also can, IF, they fly that low over Jurong Island.

Find it a bit dangerous though for a single engine jet fighter to be doing that over Jurong Island with all the PetroChem complex there, IMHO. Imagine if an eagle gets suck into the engine, coz there's a couple of these buzzards usually flying there in the morning.

Anyone more insider lobang on the "other teams". The airshow website seems like no more new update on this. Saw advert pics of the B52 and B2 Stealth bomber in the website, I'll be surprised if the they turn out as a static display.

Just finished my shift this morning at 8.10am when again saw the Black Knights practicing over Jurong Island airspace. It's been months since I saw them perfecting their routine. Up until now, they are the only ones practising. Although from this thread, we already know the dates of practice sessions, I wonder really is it enough practice session for the "other" displays.

The last Airshow only had a single jet aircraft sortie zipping and rolling for a "display" not a team display. Find it somewhat a ripoff if you compare the real Airshow overseas. Hope it doesn't turn out that way, but I beginning to believe it does. Don't mind paying more for those kind of Air exhibition.

Anyway, from today's encounter, minimum a 300mm lens for a full frame shot of a single aircraft shot. For the Black Knights diamond formation 200mm focal range also can, IF, they fly that low over Jurong Island.

Find it a bit dangerous though for a single engine jet fighter to be doing that over Jurong Island with all the PetroChem complex there, IMHO. Imagine if an eagle gets suck into the engine, coz there's a couple of these buzzards usually flying there in the morning.

Anyone more insider lobang on the "other teams". The airshow website seems like no more new update on this. Saw advert pics of the B52 and B2 Stealth bomber in the website, I'll be surprised if the they turn out as a static display.
yah... if they do come... it'll be worth every cent...

last saw the B2 when it did a fly past but didn't land for static display...

Guys,
quick question, what is the difference between the trade show ticket and public viewing ticket?
Is there going to be a diffrence of showcase/display? Like trade ticket holders will be allowed to go in the A380 or something of that sort? Sorry for the stupid question, just want to know if purchasing the Trade ticket is well worth the money.

Thanks.
trade days means you can go in during the weekdays, when the booths would be fully manned and fully accessible, and when you might be able to convince the people to let you get into the aircraft... YMMV... I remember in the good ol' days before 911, when I went on a trade pass (don't ask how I got one...), let's just say i got myself aboard a large bomber... and practically any aircraft I bothered to get onto ;) ... with the current security situation, I doubt that would be possible and YMMV

for the public viewing tickets, you can only go on Sat or Sun... the booths would mostly be unmanned except those giving away stickers, posters, and other freebies, and those which are not manned would be roped off... and most if not all the aircraft would be off limits...

This will be my first for attending such show.
Any time table for the aerobatics performance?

I believe that the Singapore Airshow first and foremost importance is as a trade show for business and the public visitor visits is secondary.

What is a $20 admission fee compared to million of dollars in business deal.

I didn't know that the A380 will only perform on 3 days.

I've no idea what to expect from the airshow and even the webpage for public visitor guide on the Singapore Airshow website is not up to speed, actually there is nothing.

Just hope for the best and prepare for the worst.

http://www.singaporeairshow.com.sg/visit-publicvisitorguide.asp

Dont forget the A380 is only performing aerial display on 3 days... 19/20/24 Feb.

Hi guys,
How many of you are going to shoot the display on the practise days this weekend. Can I join you?

I think Sat and Sun 1400hrs would be best because the sun will be at west.

Press release on aircraft list.

SINGAPORE AIRSHOW DISPLAYS LEADING-EDGE TECHNOLOGY

Asia’s largest-ever aerospace event features latest civil and military models

(Singapore, 13 February 2008) More than 60 of the latest civilian and military aircraft types will be displayed at the Singapore Airshow next week, highlighting leading-edge aviation technology from around the world at Asia’s largest-ever aerospace trade event.

Pride of place in both the static display area and in the daily flying displays goes to the giant Airbus A380, the world’s largest passenger aircraft, which recently entered service with launch customer Singapore Airlines. The A380, shown in Airbus corporate livery, is appearing in the flying displays on trade days, but will remain on static display on the two public days over the weekend of 23rd and 24th February, so members of the public can view the massive aircraft at close quarters.

The daily flying displays feature an impressive exhibition of aerobatic skills led by the Black Knights, the Republic of Singapore Air Force’s aerobatic display team which operates Lockheed F-16Ds. The Royal Australian Air Force Roulettes will thrill with the Pilatus PC9 trainer, while US military pilots are flying both an F-16C and a Boeing F/A18F. Two contenders for the RSAF Jet Trainer Programme – the Alenia Aermacchi M-346 and Korea Aerospace Industries T/A-50 will also be demonstrating their aerial prowess with precision displays.

The static display area features an impressive array of aviation technology, with several of the latest business aircraft on show, including Bombardier’s Learjet 60, Challenger 605 and Global Express XRS; the Cessna C680 and Citation CJ3; the Dassault Falcon 900EX; the Eclipse 500; the Embraer Legacy 600; Gulfstream 150, 200, 450 and 550; and the Hawker 4000 and 900XP. Turboprop business aircraft appearing include the Hawker B200GT King Air and the Piaggio Aero Industries P180 Avanti II.

Apart from the jet fighter and trainer aircraft which appear in the flying displays, other military hardware on show in Singapore includes the BAE Systems Hawk MK128 trainer; Boeing F-15C and F-15D and the Boeing B-1B Lancer. The static display will also feature mock-ups of the Lockheed Martin F-35 JSF and several unmanned air vehicles (UAVs): BAE Systems Herti; Elbit Hermes 450, 450B and 900 and the Northrop Grumman Fire Scout and Global Hawk.

A selection of civil and military helicopters will also be on display in the static area, including the Bell Helicopters 412EP; Eurocopter EC135, AS355, AS365, EC225, EC120, EC145 and EC155 and the Boeing CH47SD and AH-64D Apache.

More than 800 participating companies from 42 countries are appearing at the Singapore Airshow, including the global leaders in the commercial, military, general aviation and space sectors. The organizers are expecting more than 30,000 trade visitors - more than half of them from overseas - with a further 50,000 public visitors.

In addition to the aerospace exhibition, the 2008 Singapore Airshow programme includes an outstanding series of conferences including the Singapore Aviation Leadership Summit; the Global Air Power Conference; the Global Space Technology Convention (GSTC), and the C4I Asia Conference, which will focus on command and control in network centric warfare.

Singapore Airshow and Events Pte Ltd is a joint venture between the Civil Aviation Authority of Singapore and the Defence Science and Technology Agency.

So in summary the Air Display.

1. F16D by Black Knights team.
2. Pilatus PC9 trainer by Royal Australian Air Force Roulettes (team?)
3. 1 F-16C by USAF
4. 1 F/A18F by USAF
5. 1 Alenia Aermacchi M-346
6. 1 T/A-50 by Korea Aerospace Industries
7. 1 Airbus 380 (trade days only)

I expect better, but anyway bought tickets for both days already. The Boeing B1-B Lancer on static display is a nice surprise though, a cold war era bomber.

Will the surrounding areas be cordoned off?

maybe can go around there to shoot the air stunts?

i heard some info about the black knight is flying on the 15/2 from 1030h to 1145h and 16/2 from 1030h to 1145h, 1400 to 1500h. my guess is a rehersal flight. need to confirm again. :think:

Can anyone confirm this and the location? Don't want to go there with the kids and "see sky see sea" ;p

Status
Not open for further replies.