Singapore a Great Nation....

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also agreed with you. We have many bests!

I also respect individual act of appreciation and concern.

But please correct me if I am wrong, we are generally shy. We feel unconfortable when we say it out.

yeah... but others already saying our heads are very big liao... dun thin it's a good idea to proclaim we have huge heads. hahaha :bsmilie::bsmilie::bsmilie:

I would prefer to think that we are a small nation compared to many other countries, so we have to be humble when making reference to our country. But we also must try to highlight or emphasis our "best" to attract more investments and trade.

I would prefer to think that we are a small nation compared to many other countries, so we have to be humble when making reference to our country. But we also must try to highlight or emphasis our "best" to attract more investments and trade.

well put. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Also agreed. Maybe we should be more humble.:thumbsup:

But I just feel good when I say it out loud and clear not to boast but to express how I feel about my nation.

I love my country. It is a great nation! :heart:

:bsmilie:

Although, it's kinda sad that quite a few of my peers fail to see this :think:

You try living in another country for a couple of years... and you'll know. ;)

I did!!! I lived and worked in China for 4 years... so what's you point??

Then again, I would like to qualify.. I love my country.. just not the govt, and especially not the political party called ***. Mind you, many of you might think that they are one and the same. But they are not!!! Country, government and *** are separate entities. They just want you to think it is the same.

So when they use the people's money to buy vote, that is plain wrong!!!

our dear leaders see no need to blow own trumpet, there is a good reason not to.
:cool:

I'm wondering if we're living in the same universe. As I perceive it, Singapore (both population and leaders) tirelessly boast about their achievements, worlds-class this, -hub and -polis that, and other countries (supposedly including Russia) are eagerly sucking up Singapore's infinite wisdom and grandiosity.

There are many good things about Singapore, but they are so hyped up that the not-so-good things that could need improvement are overlooked and ignored. Or, attempts at pointing out weak spots are considered unpatriotic and are countered by fake arguments like "go elsewhere if you don't like it", "but we have world class this or that". This selective perception and fanatic nationalism stifle further development. If people were not so busy patting their own backs and brown-nosing their leaders, they might actually have time to see and work on some of the remaining problems.

Humility certainly is not one of the attributes I'd associate with Singapore.

which country? and why a comparison with another ctry? Isnt this a discussion of the unpopular decisions made by our leaders that benefited the people?

Yes, Sg is a better place to live in than many other country. But is Sg a better place to live in because of the 21% increase in in electricity (SP made S$1billion last yr), increase in publin transport cost (SMRT had record profits), increase in news paper (iirc also record profit for SPH), job cuts after making over $300m in profit in a quarter?

SP f.intance, as the sole provider of electricity has totally forgone its social responsibility to ensure another $1 billion profit this yr?

there is no utility country in the world that doesn't make profit..

maybe those in africa :devil:

as of today, i have been to many different countries, singapore is one of the few where i can walk around at 2 am and feel 100% safe.

if that isn't an achievement, i don't know what is.

Last edited:
There are many good things about Singapore, but they are so hyped up that the not-so-good things that could need improvement are overlooked and ignored. Or, attempts at pointing out weak spots are considered unpatriotic and are countered by fake arguments like "go elsewhere if you don't like it", "but we have world class this or that". This selective perception and fanatic nationalism stifle further development. If people were not so busy patting their own backs and brown-nosing their leaders, they might actually have time to see and work on some of the remaining problems.

you know, the same goes for america

europe

blah blah blah..

you go around the world a bit more, you start realising that everyone's the same. :)

as of today, i have been to many different countries, singapore is one of the few where i can walk around at 2 am and feel 100% safe.

if that isn't an achievement, i don't know what is.

That's because you're 6.5 feet tall and don't carry your big dslr around. :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.