Sigma 24mm F1.4 DG HSM Art lens

I don't really get the point. You can live without weather sealing with other lens but not 24mm? Don't try to rationalize too much... I paid for the nikon 35mm f1.4G. It was a year after I finally convinced myself the sigma 35mm was better and I sold my Nikon 35mm to get the sigma.... I know how you feel when another manufacturer comes out with a lens that cost half the price but performs better. You tell yourself hey there is weather sealing but at the end of the day, weather sealing dont really mean that much. At least not to me.

I am really glad sigma is doing what they are doing now. I believe nikon/canon has to cut prices on some of their primes which is good for all of us.

Good point.

Congrats on ur new toy 😉

I need to stop looking at your posts.. two new lens within 2 weeks ! :p

my regular shop wants $109x for it.... I though the canon version was $106x when it came out..

Yeah thats what I am seeing too. Sigma lens prices don't vary a lot. (Its cheap enuf as it is, no reasons for shop to go much lower)

Experience with this lens has been limited to in door (lego) shooting, and it has exceeded my expectations. Vignetting is significant, but not as bad. (Somehow i feel the nikon 20/1.8g vignette is worst) Images are very sharp in the center, making this a great portrait lens. Close up shooting is a bit tricky though, I need to shoot more to verify if its a thin dof issue or the lack of Close-Range Correction (CRC) as compared to my Nikon 24/2.8AFD.

Crazy idea, to shoot this on my crop factor cameras.. hehee..

mine front focus significantly on my D750. I have to set AF fine tune to +20. I tested two copies in the shop and they performs the same so I suspect that it is my body.

With the left most AF point on my D750, even with +20 AF fine tune, it front focuses slightly. Rest of the AF points is ok. Can sigma tweak AF for individual points? Should I send it down for calibration? Currently using AF fine tune, AF is pretty good with the exception of the left most AF point.

mine front focus significantly on my D750. I have to set AF fine tune to +20. I tested two copies in the shop and they performs the same so I suspect that it is my body.

With the left most AF point on my D750, even with +20 AF fine tune, it front focuses slightly. Rest of the AF points is ok. Can sigma tweak AF for individual points? Should I send it down for calibration? Currently using AF fine tune, AF is pretty good with the exception of the left most AF point.

could get the sigma usb dock to do AF calibration if the body can't tweak it sufficiently/accuratelt. individual AF points sigma svc centre also cant do.

could get the sigma usb dock to do AF calibration if the body can't tweak it sufficiently/accuratelt. individual AF points sigma svc centre also cant do.

yes, you should. At the service centre, they don't use the usb dock but something more sophisticated which can calibrate for distance.

yes, you should. At the service centre, they don't use the usb dock but something more sophisticated which can calibrate for distance.

Distance is ok. After I use the D750 AF fine tune, most the focus points are spot on, near and far. It is only the left focus points which is off.

I don't think Sigma can help me in this.... if anything, maybe nikon can help.

Distance is ok. After I use the D750 AF fine tune, most the focus points are spot on, near and far. It is only the left focus points which is off.

Does it happen with other lens ? If not it could be your Sigma lens is misaligned.

The problem when you buy 3rd party lens is Nikon can choose not to support it.

I'll bring it into Sigma service center to test if i were you.

Did you verify if this symptom happens to your Nikon lenses as well, I mean left focus point?

My only other f1.4 lens is the sigma 35mm. The leftmost ad point is showing the same thing. If anything the af is less accurate on the 35mm because it's less dof

i am looking to purchase this. My first lens purchase afer using the stock 18-55 for 1 year.. if i am not wrong this is selling for $106x locally?

this is a tough decision against the 24mm F1.4 mk2 Canon which I rented (very happily) and selling in garage sub-forum for ~$1,300

what would you guys go for?

also, do the reputable local shops carry Amex? thinking of using the TCB card to earn some rebates..

thanks!

Send in my 24mm for lens calibration at Sigma service centre due to front focus.

You've to bring in your camera.

If no warranty, charges for calibration is $150.

HTH.