Sigma 18-35 1.8! (crop sensor though...)

I only send in my lens only as it cannot auto focus in Live View mode in the D5300 when the camera was first released. I send it just before Chinese New Year and it took one week because of the holidays. Maybe you can call them for more details that you want to know.

Went to Sigma service centre today for focus recalibration, now the lens is super sharp. Took 3 hours or so.

Thanks for the help bro

Glad to be some help, fishndicks.

Some portrait shots I took with this lens with d5300 in Iran. I don't do portrait shots very often but these were on requests from the Iranians who came to ask me to be photographed with them.
original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

Some portrait shots I took with this lens with d5300 in Iran. I don't do portrait shots very often but these were on requests from the Iranians who came to ask me to be photographed with them.

Any more pics to share....I'm thinking of getting the lens.

As requested by you, ataraxist. Taken with D5300.
original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

let you all judge the bokeh.
original.jpg

original.jpg

Thanks, JacePhoto.

Anyone experience similar experience?
Always find that the focus of my 18-35 gets way off at time.
Thus did a focus test with the focus test chart mounted on tripod, D7100 with 18-35mm focus sharply via live view but when on OVF its doesn't get as sharp.

Anyone experience similar experience?
Always find that the focus of my 18-35 gets way off at time.
Thus did a focus test with the focus test chart mounted on tripod, D7100 with 18-35mm focus sharply via live view but when on OVF its doesn't get as sharp.

You can send it down to Sigma Singapore to get it checked/adjusted. For OVF sharpness, you need to aftune it (d7100 supports aftune), failing which you can adjust it yourself using the sigma usb dock.

You can send it down to Sigma Singapore to get it checked/adjusted. For OVF sharpness, you need to aftune it (d7100 supports aftune), failing which you can adjust it yourself using the sigma usb dock.
Yap sent it to sigma last week, they tuned it using the dock and did a firmware update. Seems much better now and according to the technician Live view will always be sharper then OVF, some thing to do with looking through mirror box/ sensor

Yap sent it to sigma last week, they tuned it using the dock and did a firmware update. Seems much better now and according to the technician Live view will always be sharper then OVF, some thing to do with looking through mirror box/ sensor

That is true for all lens on DSLR. Thru the OVF, it uses phase detection to focus. The focus is sharp on the phase detection sensor, but the sensor is not at where the phase detection sensor is, so there's always some very tiny room for error. (This why we do aftune too). Live view uses contrast detection on sensor, so its sharper. (But slower...)