Should photographers accept models with defects?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used safety pins. :)
didn't know you are also in modeling .... :think:
kindly send me your rates :sweat:
but be careful of your competitor, SION hor :bsmilie::sweatsm:

that's a brilliant idea!

i find that stockings help a great dael as well to camouflage any scars or bruise marks on the leg.. saves you a few minutes on PP each photo.

:think:.....good idea on the stocking. Maybe I should propose the idea to the models during discussion.

so many techies in CS .. surely someone can figure a way to hook up "check model out via net" live view for the scrutiny of model...... ask model to show skin, bare teeth, show tattoo ... etc etc. :bsmilie:

What is Photoshop for?

:bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Photoshop can fix almost everything, can even give u a reshaped nose or upgrade model from B to C... but clearly, there should be a base-line set... what is the minimum acceptable standards.. for CS photoshoot models (not talking abt international model standard)... once that's established, I think it's easier to get consistency across :)

Photoshop can fix almost everything, can even give u a reshaped nose or upgrade model from B to C... but clearly, there should be a base-line set... what is the minimum acceptable standards.. for CS photoshoot models (not talking abt international model standard)... once that's established, I think it's easier to get consistency across :)

Well, i always wonder y some pics taken with fone's camera as advert for shoot can entice ppl to join. Is it the natural no PS feel of the model or otherwise?

And why some join shoots with overly PSed shot of models to get shortchanged...

Think probably before entering this kinda shoot, just ask the organiser for checklist...

[ ]Porcelain or Plastic Skin
[ ]Fake Eye Lashes
[ ]Colored Contact Lenses
[ ]Tattoos: ___________________

etc, please feel free to fill up more criteria. Organisers may use this as well.

Well, i always wonder y some pics taken with fone's camera as advert for shoot can entice ppl to join. Is it the natural no PS feel of the model or otherwise?

And why some join shoots with overly PSed shot of models to get shortchanged...

Think probably before entering this kinda shoot, just ask the organiser for checklist...

[ ]Porcelain or Plastic Skin
[ ]Fake Eye Lashes
[ ]Colored Contact Lenses
[ ]Tattoos: ___________________

etc, please feel free to fill up more criteria. Organisers may use this as well.

That's a cool idea to have a checklist!!!

Don't underestimate the power of HP cameras...hehe... but then again, I noticed that the HP shots are always taken at an overhead position which gives the model almost perfect almond shaped eyes/face etc. For that matter, most HP-taken photos look the same.

Overly PS-ed photos should be avoided as it really raises the expectations of the attending photographers and sometimes may put the organizer in a hot spot when the actual model looks nothing like the photo that is used on the thread.

That's a cool idea to have a checklist!!!

Don't underestimate the power of HP cameras...hehe... but then again, I noticed that the HP shots are always taken at an overhead position which gives the model almost perfect almond shaped eyes/face etc. For that matter, most HP-taken photos look the same.

Overly PS-ed photos should be avoided as it really raises the expectations of the attending photographers and sometimes may put the organizer in a hot spot when the actual model looks nothing like the photo that is used on the thread.

Maybe i use Autopsy Report's format and make it into CS Model's Checklist... :bsmilie:

Maybe i use Autopsy Report's format and make it into CS Model's Checklist... :bsmilie:

LOL... side-topic, I was pretty surprised to see a 13-year xmm asking for TFCD shoots few days ago... well, I suppose some do believe that talents should be nurtured from a young age.. or perhaps that's a separate topic =p

Last edited:
2 - 3 months ago, a gal approached me for TFCD and when i saw the real person, I had a shock of my life. The pictures that she had been sending me are all heavily PSed. Since, I had accepted the TFCD, I did my best to give her nicely processed photographs. Having spent 45mins to 1 hours on each of her photographs (i processed 20), I was quite satisfied with the result. However, the gal's comments was "I think my face and teeth looked ugly.....but but....I think the pic is nice". I was, of course, quite pissed off but that's part and parcel of TFCD since it is free.

For paid shoot, my expectation will definitely be higher and I am sure it is the same for many other photographers. There are so many talents to choose from, and there are so many TFCD to do, why would we want to find one that we have to pay and still have to spend hours PSing?

As for the organizers, I will hold them responsible for pre-screening the talents so that they do not waste photographers' time and money. That's the reason why the organizers are doing TFCD and trial shoots, right? Otherwise, they might as well allow their gals to do TFCD with us, we will help write the reviews. ;p

nothing to be surprised about... alot is being deleted... best of all, alot wanted to be paid as well.

u forgot to mention about asking for MUA & bridal outfit =p

and yes, high aspirations and all... lol... shows that ANTM has a high viewership amongst the xmm here...

Is being fat considered a defect as well? :dunno:

damn u... now i have to make an autopsy report format with multiple size format.

btw, need to include various arm diameter and thigh diameter? :devil:

Yah, if arms very thin, but thighs very pui pui, it'll be very different to photoshop and make the body looks proportionate leh. Too much work liao.

Status
Not open for further replies.