Should I wait for successor of Fujifilm F200EXR?

Stunner

Apr 22, 2010
Hi pple, I'm new here! I will be getting my 1st digital camera soon and it will definitely be a Fujifilm. ;)

I know that the F200 is a good camera and many places are out of stocks as it is no longer in production. (Managed to find one shop that it still selling with a pretty decent package deal.) One of the shops that I called was M S Colour and was informed that the successor will be arriving in June 2010. F200, as we all know, was released in the market in Feb 2009 and other than the HD video recording function, pet recognition function, additional scene modes, one or two negligible additional MPs and maybe extra few x zoom, I'm not really sure whether its successor would have any big difference in photo-taking specs. What is your view?

this is always a gamble.

my advice is , if you buy, then don't look back.

even if successor come out, are you going to wait for the next one? how about the next?

this is a decision you have to weigh yourself.

Thanks Nightmare!

Just to add on, look at F70 and F80, not really much differences...

Hi Stunner,

I have used the HS10 ... (Sold a number of them too :thumbsup:).

It is very much a good camera !!! Also it is $100 cheaper here than the F200EXR.

Mind you, I own a F200EXR and I really like it :thumbsup:

If you find a good price on a F200EXR (NEW) then go for it !!!

Cheers :)

F200EXR is clearing stocks liao. Very good camera which I just sold last week for $2xx. If you don't mind second-hand, you can still find such deals at Buy-sell section.

The HS10 cannot compare as its Image Quality is bad in comparison to the F200EXR with the Fuji SuperCCD EXR sensor. HS10 uses a Sony BSI-CMOS sensor, so losing the main selling point of getting a Fuji - the legendary Fuji SuperCCD and colours. Just google for user reports on how terrible the noise-reduction issues are in smudging and smearing details and definition...it is widely blamed on the weak first-gen Sony sensor.

Last edited:
Thanks guys! I have bought my F200 already!

That's a good decision. Snap some photos and post here. We would love to view them.
Thanks dude! I am a noob to photography. If I manage some decent photos, i will upload them...

Belated congrats! The price is very good nowadays vs the $489 that I paid for mine!
If I was to think aloud, I would say the F200EXR replacement should be something like the m4/3 class of cameras but in an even smaller body. Otherwise I am looking at the Oly EPL1 to replace my F200EXR as a grab and go compact camera :)