Shop to sell lens

f134134

Jul 29, 2010
Singapore
I want to sell my lens...and I need it pretty fast. Do you guys know where I can sell my lens? like a shop specialize for this kind of thing? Thanks!

try peninsula or adelphi or exelcior(around funan digital mall), they got 2nd hand shops that buy used lens, just expect a very2 low price for ur lens, u better off selling of at BnS at below the usual BnS price for faster sales, at least u get more money than selling to those shops and the buyer get cheaper price rather than selling off to shops that's ofcourse only profit oriented :)

Cash converters? Buy/Sell section? Give me? lol.. just kidding but you could try cash converters and the Buy/ Sell section..

Agreed with willdoang, those shops give very little and you might as well post your lens on B&S at a rate lower than what others sell it at. The money you get will still be higher than what you get from those shops, and if your price is good enough, you won't have problems getting people who want to deal the next day, or even the day you put the ad up.

haha...I post it since 2 days ago....^^ Thanks for the advice and feedback guys...^^ Really appreciate it~

too bad.. u using canon lenses and i cant help you.. ur's is a relatively new model, why u wanna sell it?

ah...I rarely use it...>_< usually use my 28-135 and 50mm only. So I think it's a waste just left it there inside the dry box.....I bet the lens also want to have some good owner who want to use it...T_T I pity it. huhu.....

i see.. haha.

wad lens is it anyway?

Try the camera workshop. Google their number to ask them.

Camera Workshop and others will let you sell through their shop with usually a 10% commission/consignment fee

Shops also do not want to tie up their money buying used stuff that might take a long time to move ....... so they seldom buy outright from sellers unless its something hard to find or rare stuff and at a price where they will make a killing...

There ARE benefits of selling through shops ...... prospective buyers can actually SEE and FEEl the item on hand before deciding.... some buyers actually prefer this than making arrangements to meet privately outside in public places...

Last edited:
if it's first party brand, sell it for S$500-550
if it's 3rd party one without VC or OS, sell it for S$130-150
if it's 3rd party one with VC or OS, sell it for S$450-500

i bet will get respons quickly, that range is quite popular especially among newbie lol XD