Shop opposite John 3:16

Status
Not open for further replies.
as a newie, i would think that buying cams from bigger stores like HN or BEST is better overall, coz they have extended warranty, on top of agent's warranty.

i thought this is the strongest selling point of such big stores. cams warranty are only 1 year and usually they will break down after the one year, and the cost of repairs can be scary....

big stores prices are more ex than street prices, but the extended warranties do justify the price.

actually you can still bargain with big stores... they will give eventually give about 5-8% discounts.

any website, email or contact number for SLR revolution... at least if next time buying new gear.. can ask their price ;)

care to elaborate why?

in my 15 yrs of photographing, I have bought from cathay photo, TCW, Lords, Alan Photo, Paris Slik, MSC , OP but I have never n will never want to buy from John depsite he many positive feedbacks from other people.

which one you referring ? the one beside CP "main" store or diagonal opposite ?

the one opposite.. have 1 old man, 1 old lady and 1 man named Eugene. next to cathay shop selling tripod... not next to the one selling cameras

in my 15 yrs of photographing, I have bought from cathay photo, TCW, Lords, Alan Photo, Paris Slik, MSC , OP but I have never n will never want to buy from John depsite he many positive feedbacks from other people.

care to share the reasons? ;)

:gbounce:

Then got excuse to buy the next body mah ;)

as a newie, i would think that buying cams from bigger stores like HN or BEST is better overall, coz they have extended warranty, on top of agent's warranty.

i thought this is the strongest selling point of such big stores. cams warranty are only 1 year and usually they will break down after the one year, and the cost of repairs can be scary....

big stores prices are more ex than street prices, but the extended warranties do justify the price.

actually you can still bargain with big stores... they will give eventually give about 5-8% discounts.

i went to Funan AP. the guy just asked what size i want, and he just quoted me $xx, and looked away..... in the first place, he never asked me what cam i'm using so that he can make sure he's selling the correct size to me.

in fact, i was wrong in the size i wanted, as i found out later....... this AP really bo chap..... what if i really buy from him? can i come back to change???

unless the lens cap comes with a brand on it,
why should he ask for ur cam after U supply them with a size???

maybe u owe them an apology too for being a lousy customer.

went to J3:16 few mths ago to check them out after reading good reviews from CS. Also brought a friend there who wanted to get a G10 for our dive trips too. It was quite a good experience the first time round, since they are very chatty and very willing to share their experiences. Learnt quite a fair bit on my first visit but the waiting gets tired on the subsequent visits.

Decided to hop down to AP on the 2nd floor and even though their service is not "spectacular", their prices(quoted to me so far) has been very good. Just got a Sigma 30mm from them and it was $30 cheaper than MS Colour. Test lens, pay and leave, no fuss and no need to contend with crowd, the better price sure doesn't hurt too. Oddly enough, MS always doesn't seem to have the lens that I want whenever I go there.

oh come on..... as a salesguy, u got to make sure tat u are selling the right thing to the customers.

its a very normal thing to ask wat the customers is using..... if Bally photo can ask me wat cam i'm using, why cant AP? Mind you, Bally doesnt have a better reputation than AP, according to this forum users' feedbacks.......

u drive a car and u go to a workshop to ask for certain spare parts, the mech will also ask u wat car model u driving so that he make sure he sells u the right spare part, right???

Wat apology do i need to give?? its a fair customer feedback.

The store doesnt look interested in selling, the customer wont be interested in buying

That shop has their stuff arranged neatly.Nikon gears on one side,Canon on the other.
Looks welcoming too :)

Personally I don't like the shopkeeper's attitude in AP-Funan. I remember going in one Sunday afternoon where there is not much customer in the shop asking if the sell a few lens. Most of the lens (which are very common lenses) they say no stock, until I ask about the Canon 85F1.8. But they question me am I buying, my response was that Yes I am but I need to confirm if it's a good copy and there is nothing wrong with the lens first. They say try already must buy. :think:

As I had purchase several items in AP-SLS before, I mention to them that I was able to try & test the items first before deciding if I were to buy the camera. Their response was "We operate differently". :sticktong

Personally such an Attitude to me is :thumbsd:

I must agree with you on this. Sorry for the OT part.

As for this shop i shall go down and check it out some day :think:

after seeing all the commend i think i will pay a visit soon ... :)

that space used to be a comice shop, alaric or something like that. open opposite a popular and established shop of course must have some standard. but i think those who bought from j316 before knows their style. :)

Went there today.

First impressions. It looks like a chopper shop from the outside with the bright white lights.

Went in and enquired for the price of the Canon 85mm 1.8. Got quoted a very attractive price. Exchanged some small talk with them and left.

Well if their prices are still the lowest in 1 month's time, looks like I'll be getting the lens from them

aiyo, give the new shop a chance lah. else, the usual "big" guys will dominate and monopolize the market. and price will rise.

i popped in last week. what i wanted is yet in shop yet. service good and warm. pretty open about pricing.

if skeptical about S$XXXX worth of equipment. spend on smaller bits. keep them going and the bigger guys on their toes.

:D:bsmilie:

I walked past the shop yesterday but never went it. Perhaps next week will go visit. :D

strongly recommend the shop, being near john3:16...it also help to keep each other in check

Hey anyway, what's up with the neg feedback abt John 3:16. I'm not a regular there (nvr bought anything there b4), but happened to walk in with a friend who wanted to chk out the canon 7D, they didnt hv one in stock / demo. Nevertheless, one of the guys took out his personal 7D with a 70-200F4L attached for us to try!

*first rate* cust service!
The place was crowded, but they still attended to us and didnt just wave us off with a "sorry no stock..."

Status
Not open for further replies.