Sharing A Few Butterflies Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Club Silverlines...

P4062603_resize.jpg

P4062619_resize.jpg

wow fluffy tit!!!... nice catch
Thanks Terry for your kind word.

This is a mating pair of the Malayan Eggfly (Hypolimnas anomala anomala)
Thanks Papilio for the ID. Before this I could not comfirm the ID cos some samples in B circle have blue patches on their wing.

Sharing one shot, taken in Ubin today.
(Great Mormon)
gm08040615271.JPG

Thanks Papilio for the ID. Before this I could not comfirm the ID cos some samples in B circle have blue patches on their wing.

Yes, this species has different forms where one of them has prominent white streaks on the underside of the hindwings. The ones with the blue iridescent patch on the forewings uppersides are a variant of the females of the species, the normal one being just plain brown.

Sharing one shot, taken in Ubin today.
(Great Mormon)
gm08040615271.JPG

Nice shot of a female form-butlerianus of the Great Mormon. This form seems to be becoming more common than in the past 10 years, where the form-esperi was the more common form of the female. Note the different locations of the white patch on the forewings between the two forms.

sharing a shot of this rare Posy

Drupadia theda thesmia (Dark Posy)Male

2008_04_09_IMG_05865.jpg

ISO320 1/40s F/7.1 No flash, Handheld.

:cheers:

Sharing a series of shots taken using an alternative gear consisting of very basic equipment,i.e. a Nikon D40 with inbuilt flash, and using the 18-135mm lens with a close up filter. the last 2 were using the 18-200mm VR lens with close up filter. Hope this can encourage those who feels their gear is inadequate to shoot butterflies or intimidated by large equipment to try out butterfly photography too!

DSC_0097-1.jpg

DSC_0100.jpg

DSC_0067.jpg

DSC_0038-1.jpg
v

DSC_0007.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.