Sharing A Few Butterflies Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Terry,

Very nice shot of the Hypolycaena thecloides thecloides.

This species is rather rare and restricted to only a few localities in Singapore.

Keeping them pictures rolling in!

Cheers!

Indian Cupid (Female I believe)

IMG_6066.jpg

grey pansy
DSC_2637a.jpg

common hedge blue
DSC_2649.jpg

Some shots today with TERRY LP AND MARK
yet another +1 day! :D

Lime Butt
Lime_Butterfly_290308_by_inckurei.jpg

Common Hedge Blue
Common_Hedge_Blue_290308_by_inckurei.jpg

finally the recon troopers
Blue Jay
Blue_Jay_290308_by_inckurei.jpg

Blue Bottle
Common_Blue_Bottle_290308_by_inckurei.jpg

Saving the Harlequin

Update : The Harlequin are Surviving at Release Site A

On routine checking of Site A this morning, I was pleasantly surprised by meeting 3 pristine individuals, two females and one male fluttering high up on a fishtail palm at site A.

Basing on a life cycle time of approx. 28 days and adult life span of approx. 14 days , the last insertion of adults into site A being on 8th Jan 08 . These 3 adult Harlequins must be at least the second generation of those released under the project.

Let's hope they will continue to thrive on the site which is not expected to be threatened by development.

A cheap shot of a female taken this morning.

2008_03_30_IMG_05078.jpg

Saving the Harlequin

Updtate : The Harlequin are Surviving at Release Site A

On routine checking of Site A this morning, I was pleasantly surprised by meeting 3 pristine individuals, two females and one male fluttering high up on a fishtail palm at site A.

Basing on a life cycle time of approx. 28 days and adult life span of approx. 14 days , the last insertion of adults into site A being on 8th Jan 08 . These 3 adult Harlequins must be at least the second generation of those released under the project.

Let's hope they will continue to thrive on the site which is not expected to be threatened by development.

2008_03_30_IMG_05078.jpg

Good to know these guys are doing well and going strong! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Saving the Harlequin

Updtate : The Harlequin are Surviving at Release Site A

2008_03_30_IMG_05078.jpg

:eek: even a fever n a bad ankle could not keep sunny at home manz...
yah... same thoughts as Ant... glad the Harlequins are doing well.. :)

When shooting with LP and Mark today. Manage to shoot Silver Streak and Cycad Blue. Is a +1 for me today.:cheers:

IMG_5932_1_resize.jpg

IMG_5924_1_resize.jpg

A series of butts from the same subfamily - Miletinae, a rather unique sub-family which feeds on aphids!

IMG_6321.jpg

IMG_6166.jpg

(this one was taken sometime back, just reposted to form the series)
IMG_4388.jpg

silverstreak
DSC_2715.jpg

DSC_2686.jpg

some skipper
DSC_2712.jpg

cycad blue
DSC_2683.jpg

Drupadia ravindra moorei (Common Posy)
DSC_2758.jpg

Arhopala athada athada
DSC_2785.jpg