SEED on 11 August 2004!

Status
Not open for further replies.
shortcake said:
So sad :( I was there from 6.30 - 6.45pm, but I didn't know who I was supposed to be looking out for. I scoured the whole foodcourt, but didn't notice any groups, so decided to leave. Perhaps there should be a more pin-point location for the next meetup, for the benefit of newbies...

U should have called me. There wasn't many people yet when i arrived at 7pm. And they were sitting in the middle of the food court.

I then shifted the whole group to the tables near the fountain.

For the benefit of newcomers next time we should just stick to that area.

shortcake said:
So sad :( I was there from 6.30 - 6.45pm, but I didn't know who I was supposed to be looking out for. I scoured the whole foodcourt, but didn't notice any groups, so decided to leave. Perhaps there should be a more pin-point location for the next meetup, for the benefit of newbies...

shortcake, I'm sorry to hear about your uneventful experience with SEED. I'll post my bu yao lian photo (if I'm organising it again) and also add in some of the regular organisers' for easy reference.

I sincerely hope that this incident will not stop you from joining us again. :D

willyfoo said:
U should have called me. There wasn't many people yet when i arrived at 7pm. And they were sitting in the middle of the food court.

I then shifted the whole group to the tables near the fountain.

For the benefit of newcomers next time we should just stick to that area.

Hey Willy! had no idea you were gonna be there... was out the whole day, so didn't see your post until now.

It's ok, I'll know better for the next one.

Thanks Adam, that would be helpful :)

I was there at 6.30 pm sharp, and went to the desserts stall as previously indicated. But there was no people in groups that remotely (?) look like photographers. I waited till about 6.50 pm then went to Challenger to buy a software. Then I returned to dessert stall. Still there were no 'groups'. I walked around, trying to look for people who might look like you guys. Saw two groups of people with photo magazines (not where the dessert stall was), and thot they might be the ones. Introduced myself, but have to leave unfortunately because of some urgent last minute work.

Suggestions:

1 Be punctual, at least the organiser.
2 Be where you are supposed to be.
3 Have some form of identification for new members, such as a big card that says "Clubsnap", not necessarily hanging up, but laid on the table prominently.

I got there at 7:30pm. Luckily can recognise some of them. Not too bad. Saw lotsa photos from the NDP and Willy's collection. ANd not to mention his tips on fireworks shooting. Hope to join you guys in future.

I think some kind of identifier would help? No need signboards just a simple card or maybe who ever taking a laptop there could display a ClubSnap logo or something. ;)

I was lucky I went with some people else I would have been similarly lost at my first SEED.

Hmm.....guess that was a problem. I was hanging around there from 6:20pm. Was wandering in that area with a Photoi magazine. guess that wasnt a good indicator.

luckily i remember some familar faces at my first SEED encounter. next time i think can just leave Photo-i magazines or those who have their camera,can just put it on the table or even notebooks. Or the most convenient, get the contact no. of those who are going to be there so at least can call if not sure.

Agree with many pointers.

Perhaps a sign ID-ing SEED should be in place?

Funan is more "complicated" to locate a group as compared to Peninsular Food court where the gathering's ALWAYS in front of the famous Bar Chor Mee Stall

Hi guys,

My sincere apology that I was unable to attend this SEED garthering. Spinned my left arm couple of days ago. Will try to join you guys in the future SEEDs.

Cheers

some more suggestions...

1. SEED usually starts at 7pm not 6.30pm, so reflect that in the original announcement/posting.

2. an A3 sized card with the words "ClubSnap SEED" in big bold letters placed flat on the table will help newbies identify the spot. At least one mod/organiser should be there at 7pm with the card prominently displayed on the table.

:cool:

AdamGoi said:
Keep the feedback coming in! ;)

Hi all,

I was there at around 6.35pm with jnet6 and could only find TMC sitting at the corner near fountain. Later found the bigger group at the centre of the food court.

Lucky for me I know jnet6 so not too bad. I noticed there are some other big groups of people there as well......so it might be confusing and I think they are from some churches.

Anyway, just make sure that you have someone's contact or know someone's face before you go for such outings lor. It would be better. :)

Anyway, thanks willy for the insightful sharing last night. Think we can go on talking whole night about your photos man. Really a nice collection. And glad to had know why I find you so familiar.........and it's through a photo! See, a picture does says a thousand words.

Cool...... :cool:

I was there at the food junction about 6:30pm but couldn't identify you guys, so in the end went to Peninsula Plaza to do my own window shopping :D . Aso checkout on the price for the FM3a in one of those shops. They quote me a price of $1000 for the the body (chrom) w/o len. Wow! :what: I think that it a bit to Ex! :think:

Hi all frequent SEEDers,

I had dinner at Funan food court last night and suffered from mild food poisoning.

I ate something at the Japanese Ramen stall. While eating, I already find the food a bit weird as the Tori Chicken still tastes like flour.

And just after 45 mins, the ordeal begins........

And I am still feeling the urge to run to the toilet anytime now......

So just take note lor. :(

:bigeyes: :bigeyes: :sweat: :sweat:
take care.....

icer said:
Hi all frequent SEEDers,

I had dinner at Funan food court last night and suffered from mild food poisoning.

I ate something at the Japanese Ramen stall. While eating, I already find the food a bit weird as the Tori Chicken still tastes like flour.

icer said:
Hi all frequent SEEDers,

:eek: ... how are you now??? take care ....

vinzxman said:
:eek: ... how are you now??? take care ....

I am ok.

Still feeling a bit dizzy since last night. Dunno why also. Never had such dizzy spells before.

The diarroehea should be stopping soon or maybe its coz there's nothing much left too. Haha.....too much details.

Thanks all for the concern. Hope you guys will take note of this stall, it's at the other far end from where the CS people always sit. And it's called "Japanese Ramen".

Status
Not open for further replies.