See what SQ did to my tripod?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It probably would not have happened if it were a Gitzo. ;p It seems like one of the French handling staff probably didn't quite like Italian tripods. It could not have been an accidental mishandling. You'll need to put it through a vice to squash the legs like that!!

I think if it were a Benro, you might only get back carbon dust.
thats a slik, nothing italian.... :nono:

I have the same series as the one shown, dropped/knocked many times but all i get is only some dent, nothing close to breaking

so you would know that a considerable amount of force had to be exerted to break it...or any other tripod for that matter... :(

obviously this tripod had been abused and not just usual mishandling.

I will be surprised if the airport personnel told me it is normal or something like what u said...a torn bag or a broken brittle item is acceptable, but a bent tripod with 2 broken legs? it really seem like a plane had run over it, and not under normal process.

Not sure for you, but I feel that such mishandling is pretty common - I "kerna" quite a few times before. :)

Most of the time, the ground handling crew just "whack" and throw the luggage all over the place - even things within a hard cover case can get cracked at times. What I suspect was that the tripod's legs got into a awkward position, and was placed below the entire baggage cargo - getting "crushed" in the process.

Anyway, hope there's some form of recourse for the TS.

Anyway, like i said, i am glad it is not my Manfrotto...

Am currently making the claims with SQ and SATS, but i must say it is highly frustrating, and taking forever. It has been about 2 weeks already and still no news...so much for their customer service. There was also a few ****-ups with regard to sending it to my place, asking me to go down and pick up, sending me a claim form late, giving me the wrong reference numbers a few times...sigh.

Should've just flown China Eastern...haha. Except, i don't think they fly to France.

Thanks to all for your words of condolences...

keep us updated on how much they compensate....

Anyway, like i said, i am glad it is not my Manfrotto...

Am currently making the claims with SQ and SATS, but i must say it is highly frustrating, and taking forever. It has been about 2 weeks already and still no news...so much for their customer service. There was also a few ****-ups with regard to sending it to my place, asking me to go down and pick up, sending me a claim form late, giving me the wrong reference numbers a few times...sigh.

Should've just flown China Eastern...haha. Except, i don't think they fly to France.

Thanks to all for your words of condolences...

report to stomp..... :bsmilie:

it is nt SQ but the ground officer, my friend who work down and under, told me to meet the time, they jst throw de

the ground handlers are very chor lor.. cargo or luggage.. its all the same.. except if it is dangerous goods.

The tripod looks like a Slik Pro 400DX. It's made of aluminum alloy, not that brittle really. I had mine dropped by my friend during a trip, the head got some scratches but never break.

Tried posting on Stomp already, but not sure whether it got through leh. Didn't see anything about it after that. I am no longer angry...just really curious how it became like that...run over by steamroller?!?!

Tried posting on Stomp already, but not sure whether it got through leh. Didn't see anything about it after that. I am no longer angry...just really curious how it became like that...run over by steamroller?!?!

the vehicle that's pulling the luggage from plane to terminal.. small but heavy ..

the vehicle that's pulling the luggage from plane to terminal.. small but heavy ..

Haha...even then, you'd have to run over it back and forth a few times...

hey, why not send an email to manfrotto, together with the pics, ask them how much force is needed to incur such damage?

probably got run over by the vehicle together with the series of luggage trailers behind

i think so ... have heard of such things happening.. not often tho

I don't think it's SQ's fault even though they are the agent. You should blame CDG's ground handling. CDG is on the bottom of my list. :bsmilie:

Yeah, CDG is one of the worst around in Europe. Was there almost 10years ago, it was way, way overcrowded then, dunno about now.

Actually, it's a pretty regular damage occurence. The last time I came back, 2 of my luggage bags looked like the SATS truck drove over it.. But It wasn't lost, so a quick fill in form and they came to my house to repair.. Hope tehy replace your tripod!:bheart:

In spain, can watch them baggage handling thru the glass windows.. Very.. Interesting. Just fling one.

hey, why not send an email to manfrotto, together with the pics, ask them how much force is needed to incur such damage?

Lol for the last time, it's a Slik, not a Manfrotto. :bsmilie:

if this is how the airport staff abuse luggage that is checked in, then why do people still pay top dollar for LV luggage?
either it gets destroyed or stolen.

Status
Not open for further replies.