Screw cross-threaded and broke

Mark Shingo

Sep 30, 2013
I own a gx7..Apparently when using the free leather half case that comes with the purchase of the camera.. The screw got struck and broke off the case.

It is not stuck inside my camera and I am unable to fix it.. I suspect it has been badly cross-threaded. I need to use my tripod again asap within 2 weeks time and was wondering if any shop can help me on the spot.

Stupid case.. Use original case also so lousy material can break and get stuck in my camera.. Zz

$IMAG1554.jpg

Last edited:
Go to Panasonic service centre

Hi bro, do you know if they can do it on the spot or its going to take days. Money isn't the problem, time is. =(

use a long nose pliers. You may be able to get it out by turning. I don't think is X-threaded.

Spray some WD40 and then you a long nose pliers to slowly unscrew it. If not, you can try using a pincer to push it to turn. clockwise is tighten while anti-clockwise is loosen. It might be the thread of the bolt on the casing is not machined properly, that's why caused this issue.

They should be able to replace that tripod socket screw in service center.
Those 4 adjacents screws are the ones holding the part in place.

For DIY, try using a CCW drill (with CCW drill bit) or if really desparate,
use those mini circular saw blades (size of a coin) to create a new screw head, then use a screwdriver