SB800 at CP

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dun have problems buying at CP but that does not mean their prices are the best. I am also not a regular there but they give me discounted prices on the spot. Guess it depends who you talk me. I usually look for David and Steven if it helps. :)

Wah. Even CP becoming so like thåt?!
Jialat. Not say they sometimes sell cheap.
Maybe they're business is somehow suffering,
and they need desperately to recoup losses
via 'tokking' innocent new customers.

u can get it from ESPN at 590$ with nikon warranty

rebbot said:
I dun have problems buying at CP but that does not mean their prices are the best. I am also not a regular there but they give me discounted prices on the spot. Guess it depends who you talk me. I usually look for David and Steven if it helps. :)

you regular them mah, they know you by your face. :eek:

Went there ask for my item they couldnt find it at least 3 of them were digging the stock to locate the item for me. :)

Some where some where but got to go back there again today. :confused:

Ya I totally agreed with what u said.. You must have an idea of how much the item cost before going there.. They will normally push stuffs which is not selling or have alot of stocks left 1st.. But then they are running a business, guess thats avoidable..:( But still feel they should b abit more honest.. We, the customers, trust them thats y give them business mah..

ianpaice said:
This sounds bad. Looks like there isnt many good stores to buy from anymore. In this case, must always be prepared before buying stuffs from them:

1. Check price first from Clubsnap or friends
2. Never buy something unfamiliar based on their recommendations on the spot.
3. Always ask firmly "Discount already should be how much?" OR "Actual price is how much?" to hint them that you know the printed price tag are always way above the true price.

Is Florence the one stationed at the opposite shop selling tripods and dry cabinets?

imar said:
At CP different guys will quote different prices, some probably think that they can take you for a ride. Theres once i walk in at lunch time in office clothes...higher price...walk in on saturday shorts/tshirt...lower price..i think it was a BW filter back then...i'm sure theres good ones at CP, Florence is one of them.

Ya I think they are not that familiar with where their stocks are.. I went with my friend last week. Got 1 guy asked for a battery grip for D200 and this salesman was looking high and low for the item in the end couldn't find, ask another of his colleague who didn't know where is the item also.. End up they told that guy maybe out of stock, asked him come back tml..

Their knowledge of the items they sell are oso quite limited.. 2 guys were there to look at 350D and D70S.. They were doing some comparisons, asking the salesman about CMOS and CCD sensors. I remember clearly 1 guy asked what sensor is the D70S using.. The salesman seems stunted by the question and immediately consulted another colleague whom I guess is more senior. This senior colleague did not know the answer too, end up they just took a D70S brochure and pretend to flip through it and then informed the guy that D70S is using Nikon own sensor and this sensor is one of the best in the world.. Haha i feel like laughing out man.. Correct me if I am wrong, I thought Nikon CCD sensor is made by Sony?:bsmilie: Anyway I feel if they do not really know the facts, maybe they can just inform us instead of giving the wrong infos..

longkangman said:
Yesterday went there ask for my item they couldnt find it at least 3 of them were digging the stock to locate the item for me. :)

Some where some where but got to go back there again today. :confused:

And I juz heard they got sole-distributor rights to sell manfrotto products? My friend told me the prices have rised liao.. Bad news for ppl who want to get manfrotto legs and heads..

nicholas68 said:
AP - Alan Photo, #01-38 Sim Lim Square, Tel: 6336 0922, e-mail: alanfoto@singnet.com.sg
AP-F - Alan Photo, #05-20 Funan Digitalife Mall, Tel: 6883 0922, e-mail: alanfoto@singnet.com.sg
CP - Cathay Photo, #01-11/14 Peninsula Plaza, Tel: 6337 4274, e-mail: email@cathayphoto.com.sg
CP-M - Cathay Photo, #02-215/216 Marina Square, 6 Raffles Boulevard, Tel: 6339 6188, e-mail: email@cathayphoto.com.sg
John - John 3:16, #03-37 Funan Digitalife Mall, Tel: 6337 2877 / 6337 1897, e-mail: richardgan@pacific.net.sg
Lord's - Lord's Camera, 304 Orchard Road #01-79 Lucky Plaza, Tel: 6235 4605, e-mail: lordscom@singnet.com.sg
MS - MS Colour, Block 711 Ang Mo Kio Avenue 8, #01-3501C, Tel: 6457 6380, e-mail: sales@mscolor.com.sg, web e-quote
TCW - The Camera Workshop, 3 Coleman Street, #01-31, Tel: 6336 1956 / 6336 7808, e-mail: tcwkshop@singnet.com.sg
TK - T K Foto Technic, 100 Beach Rd, #02-45 Shaw Towers, Tel: 6292 4533, e-mail: sales@tkfoto.com.sg

I will send out all email and give a quoatation before i go down to buy it.

John 3:16 has move to #05-46.

aaron80 said:
And I juz heard they got sole-distributor rights to sell manfrotto products? My friend told me the prices have rised liao.. Bad news for ppl who want to get manfrotto legs and heads..

Gone price sure go up up up. :angry: :bigeyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.